Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 23, 2022, 05:35:56 PM
The weight of the ball can't help. A lot of instances of it in that era of footballer.

Couldn't help but I see plenty of elderly women with dementia, never headed a ball in their lives!

We are living longer and we know more about it now, this stuff was hidden in families for years, years ago, "your granny is doting" was the term.

Thankfully here in the north we won't get to that age as we die earlier
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2022, 05:59:05 PM
The weight of the ball can't help. A lot of instances of it in that era of footballer.

Couldn't help but I see plenty of elderly women with dementia, never headed a ball in their lives!

We are living longer and we know more about it now, this stuff was hidden in families for years, years ago, "your granny is doting" was the term.

Thankfully? That's another Union tax. Not everyone in the south dies of dementia.
I think Jeff Astle was the first famous case of dementia in English soccer. He was only 59

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-27654892

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Astle
In 2019 it was reported that football players were three and a half times more likely to die from dementia
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2022, 06:37:00 PM

Thankfully? That's another Union tax. Not everyone in the south dies of dementia.
I think Jeff Astle was the first famous case of dementia in English soccer. He was only 59

Like I said before getting old isn't all it's cracked up to be, so enjoy it while you can,  as you'll end up having, arthritis, sight issues, hearing difficulties, high blood pressure, blocked arteries, stints, diabetes, strokes, heart attacks, prostrate, and other cancers, oh and new hips and knees, false teeth, and whatever else that comes with it.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

MR2 knows better than the years of research that have went into this  :-\
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2022, 06:44:38 PM

Like I said before getting old isn't all it's cracked up to be, so enjoy it while you can,  as you'll end up having, arthritis, sight issues, hearing difficulties, high blood pressure, blocked arteries, stints, diabetes, strokes, heart attacks, prostrate, and other cancers, oh and new hips and knees, false teeth, and whatever else that comes with it.

That's cheered me up  no end  :o

Happy Christmas to you too , ya swine  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 23, 2022, 06:52:09 PM

MR2 knows better than the years of research that have went into this  :-\

I said in my first sentence, couldn't help! But like last time you tried to twist one of my posts you couldn't help yourself ya Wally.

More women are affected by dementia than men. Worldwide, women with dementia outnumber men 2 to 1. Brain scans tell us that the rate at which brain cells are dying in the brain is faster in women than in men. Not because they headed the ball, but it wouldn't have helped!!  Oh women live longer which doesn't help also

Hoof Hearted

Aye cheers MR2 nearly afraid to wake up any morning now after reading that ! Happy Christmas  :(
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 23, 2022, 07:17:29 PM

Aye cheers MR2 nearly afraid to wake up any morning now after reading that ! Happy Christmas  :(

Not all bad though, if you live up here you'll not suffer too long  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2022, 07:20:09 PM

By the time you get to 80 there'll be a united Ireland

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2022, 07:33:03 PM

First off I'll not hit 80, not many have in my family, secondly in the next 30 years I doubt we'll get that majority, and thirdly I'll hopefully be living abroad with some heat about me when I retire

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2022, 07:36:34 PM

First off I'll not hit 80, not many have in my family, secondly in the next 30 years I doubt we'll get that majority, and thirdly I'll hopefully be living abroad with some heat about me when I retire
Doesn't matter about family history as much as in the past. Over 65 population increased by 35% in a decade in the South. Even with all those cocktail sausages life expectancy in the North is improving.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2022, 08:45:09 PM

Doesn't matter about family history as much as in the past. Over 65 population increased by 35% in a decade in the South. Even with all those cocktail sausages life expectancy in the North is improving.

You're hanging on to that stat for dear life, it's not all it's cracked up to be, unless you've got good medical insurance, great pension and no ailments, going early saves your kids the hassle and they can get a better inheritance by not being cared for in a nursing home.

For more great tips follow me on Instagram   ;D

Tony Baloney

We are entering peak cocktail sausage season. I hope we all make it out in one piece.

RedHand88

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 24, 2022, 12:31:03 AM
We are entering peak cocktail sausage season. I hope we all make it out in one piece.

The wife can't confirm if their ones will have cocktail sausages for Christmas dinner.

I'm considering cancelling.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2022, 08:58:33 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2022, 08:45:09 PM

You're hanging on to that stat for dear life, it's not all it's cracked up to be, unless you've got good medical insurance, great pension and no ailments, going early saves your kids the hassle and they can get a better inheritance by not being cared for in a nursing home.

For more great tips follow me on Instagram   ;D
Surely it depends on how much your house price increases by. A lot of elderly are cared for in the home now as well. It would be terrible to die and miss an Antrim hurling all Ireland.