Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbat

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2022, 09:28:02 AM
Is it council led/funded/supported? If so then someone is liable, maybe this is what it takes (unfortunately) for it to be properly regulated and if blame is led at the council's door then the family sue the shit out them, nothing like court case to sort things out

Was driving earlier and MR2 your post came into my head as I passed through Markethill and the street lampposts adorned with UVF flags, and the paras flags.

Maybe some of the legal lads would know but surely there could be cases taken against the department of infrastructure and the Roads department for allowing displays like this on there property?

markl121

Quote from: pbat on July 10, 2022, 02:53:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2022, 09:28:02 AM
Is it council led/funded/supported? If so then someone is liable, maybe this is what it takes (unfortunately) for it to be properly regulated and if blame is led at the council's door then the family sue the shit out them, nothing like court case to sort things out

Was driving earlier and MR2 your post came into my head as I passed through Markethill and the street lampposts adorned with UVF flags, and the paras flags.

Maybe some of the legal lads would know but surely there could be cases taken against the department of infrastructure and the Roads department for allowing displays like this on there property?
I wrote an email to Magherafelt council, mainly for the craic. I asked why flags were still up from the jubilee, were they just going to leave them up until the 12th to save doing it twice. Also mentioned at the lack of any effort to put any GAA flags up for derry considering its an actual  cross community organisation unlike the orange order. They fobbed me off and told me to talk to department of infrastructure.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2022, 12:29:19 AM
One of the greats musically but a grumpy oul hoor.
R.I.P. Séamus.
You'll no doubt be forming a trio with Horan and Finn now.

Indeed one of the greats. Calling him a " grumpy oul hoor" is being kind, though Seamus would take it as a compliment!

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

markl121

Collie McGurk. A Gaa legend in derry. RIP

imtommygunn

Just read that. Very sad and very young.

God14

Quote from: markl121 on July 12, 2022, 08:03:54 PM

Just read that

Shocking. An absolute gent. May he rest in peace.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Go ndéanfaidh Dia trócaire air (Collie McGurk)

onefineday

Echo that. True gent who have so much to club and county and no doubt his young family too. Deepest sympathies to them.

johnnycool

Quote from: onefineday on July 13, 2022, 09:01:42 AM
Echo that. True gent who have so much to club and county and no doubt his young family too. Deepest sympathies to them.

We played Lavey minor hurlers in a game no more than two weeks ago and he helped organise it, a bit of a shock i have to say.

RIP Collie.

pbat

Farrandeelin

Bob Ayleward, former FF TD Carlow/Kilkenny - aged 67.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Paddy (Patrick Barron) Hopkirk, rally and racing driver, born 14 April 1933; died 21 July 2022.
A good nordie and in the sport of kings (rally driving), a legend.

Paddy Hopkirk Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IKmDc4c4Lg

Baile an tuaigh

Oisin Mullins brother just died in a car accident. I just had a conversation with Oisin right before the news came through he was in great form very sad. Mary Queen of the Gael pray for him.

J70

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on July 25, 2022, 05:13:39 AM
Oisin Mullins brother just died in a car accident. I just had a conversation with Oisin right before the news came through he was in great form very sad. Mary Queen of the Gael pray for him.

That's awful to hear. RIP. :(