Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Can't resist with his morbid humour then claim to be holier than now!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Ah ffs it's only lighthearted.I'd say the deaths of a few celebs or politicians would be met with genuine glee on this Board as was the death and canonisation of Mother Theresa😠😠

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 26, 2016, 12:16:39 AM
Ah ffs it's only lighthearted.I'd say the deaths of a few celebs or politicians would be met with genuine glee on this Board as was the death and canonisation of Mother Theresa😠😠

Was there sick jokes over the death of her??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

INDIANA

Quote from: T Fearon on December 26, 2016, 12:16:39 AM

Its not funny or light hearted - it's pathetic

gallsman

Quote from: longballin on December 25, 2016, 11:45:57 PM
Quote from: moysider on December 25, 2016, 11:43:40 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 23, 2016, 08:51:06 PM
Quote from: longballin on December 23, 2016, 08:09:54 PM
'Yifter the Shifter'   by God he could run. I think he was Etheopian, great Olympic middle distance runner.

He was Ethiopian, aye. Long distance running, not middle distance.

Middle distance. 5 and 10k. Favourite runner ever. RIP.

I said middle distance but Gallsman knew better  ::)

5k and 10k is long distance when it comes to track running. I did, and do, know better.

BennyCake

We happened to be talking earlier about this year, and celebrities who died, and it was mentioned that usually you would hear of someone famous dying on Christmas Day. A couple hours later, it's George Michael. Probably one of the biggest shock deaths of the year, considering his age.

moysider

Quote from: gallsman on December 26, 2016, 12:30:27 AM
Quote from: longballin on December 25, 2016, 11:45:57 PM
Quote from: moysider on December 25, 2016, 11:43:40 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 23, 2016, 08:51:06 PM
Quote from: longballin on December 23, 2016, 08:09:54 PM
'Yifter the Shifter'   by God he could run. I think he was Etheopian, great Olympic middle distance runner.

He was Ethiopian, aye. Long distance running, not middle distance.

Middle distance. 5 and 10k. Favourite runner ever. RIP.

I said middle distance but Gallsman knew better  ::)

5k and 10k is long distance when it comes to track running. I did, and do, know better.

Why not say track then in the first place?

T Fearon

So disparaging those dead for a while like Mother Theresa is ok then?I know most of you are relative newcomers here but the glee when Diana Wales died in the tragic accident in Paris,displayed on this board was disturbing. Similarly Margaret Thatcher's death was greeted gleefully as I would no doubt anticipate would the deaths of Trump or Farage.So spare me the sanctimonious crap please.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on December 26, 2016, 01:10:19 AM
So disparaging those dead for a while like Mother Theresa is ok then?I know most of you are relative newcomers here but the glee when Diana Wales died in the tragic accident in Paris,displayed on this board was disturbing. Similarly Margaret Thatcher's death was greeted gleefully as I would no doubt anticipate would the deaths of Trump or Farage.So spare me the sanctimonious crap please.

So some people disparaging the death of others outraged you to the extent that you disparaged the death of others?? Weird logic there Tony!
That was never a square ball!!

Far East

tbf, Tony really struggles with irony

mrdeeds

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 26, 2016, 01:22:32 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 26, 2016, 01:10:19 AM

So some people disparaging the death of others outraged you to the extent that you disparaged the death of others?? Weird logic there Tony!

Yeah the internet existed then.

T Fearon

A professional comedian,who appears regularly on tv,tweeted yesterday that as a tribute to David Bowie he made a tin of Heroes sweets last just for one day.This tweet attracted no chastising remarks but three figure "likes" and "retweets"

heganboy

Quote from: T Fearon on December 25, 2016, 09:23:33 PM
Brian Courtney RIP,father of Armagh player Paul (you may remember he was surprisingly selected as goalkeeper in the Ulster Championship game with Cavan) who lost his life tragically in a road accident on Friday last.

Brian was a Ballyhegan legend, a true gentleman, a man of substance and character. Fiercely proud of his club, his county and even more so when his sons played  for both (and QUB).  Never let you pass without a good word. I remember coming off the field having started (and more surprisingly finished) my first senior game as a 16 year old and him pulling me aside and telling me of the good shift I put in away to Lissumon at the bottom of division 4. It's a big deal for a kid hearing that from the gentle giant.
Not sure they make them like that any more, he will be missed.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Far East

It's not that the subject is taboo, you can make a joke about anything but you better make sure it's funny.  Your quips were utter shite and his was quite witty. As a rule, if you have a shitty grasp of comedy and irony? probably best to sidestep both......

seafoid

Quote from: Puckoon on December 25, 2016, 11:50:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 25, 2016, 11:19:45 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 25, 2016, 11:16:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 25, 2016, 11:03:58 PM
Was he ill? Didn't know he was but story says he passed away peacefully.

Unless of course it's another social media death scam.
I would suspect an Aids related illness. 2016 can f**k off.
Aids is not a death sentence but drug abuse can be. 53 is shocking

Drug abuse is not a death sentence, but AIDS can be. Do you ever read what you write?

Drug abuse deaths rarely die peacefully at home.
When is the last time someone died of AIDS peacefully , Doctor? Music downloads should come with a health warning. Singers die younger. I think they are 3 times more likely to die than civilians. Fame is a curse for many people.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU