Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

There was a documentary a while ago made by Donal McIntyre on Mad Dog and his family. Theres clips of it on Youtube. Real low lives.
The Aristocrat Years

sans pessimism

former Mayo great Greg Maher RIP.AIL minor winner in 1985 & senior finalist in 1989.Too young.Ar dheis dé go roimh a h-anam dílis.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: sans pessimism on September 15, 2016, 08:39:19 PM
former Mayo great Greg Maher RIP.AIL minor winner in 1985 & senior finalist in 1989.Too young.Ar dheis dé go roimh a h-anam dílis.
Much too young indeed.  Had a good auld craic with him before one of the Mayo finals in the mid noughties, sound fella. 

Ar dheis dé go roimh a h-anam dílis.

muppet

I had heard he was ill alright. Met him playing golf years ago in Dublin. He walked onto the tee, looked all wrong, funny grip and a mad practice swing. Everyone watching had that 'knowing smile' waiting for the inevitable. Those smiles disappeared when he absolutely lamped the ball, miles down the fairway, in a way that made everyone feel sorry for the ball.

RIP to a very nice guy.
MWWSI 2017

FL/MAYO

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2016, 01:58:48 PM

I had heard he was ill alright. Met him playing golf years ago in Dublin. He walked onto the tee, looked all wrong, funny grip and a mad practice swing. Everyone watching had that 'knowing smile' waiting for the inevitable. Those smiles disappeared when he absolutely lamped the ball, miles down the fairway, in a way that made everyone feel sorry for the ball.

RIP to a very nice guy.

I met Greg a few weeks ago when I was home. I was told after meeting him that he was very sick,  he was down in Claremorris to say goodbye to his old team mates. Like his brother's he was as tough as nails and a lovely man. I heard from a friend yesterday that he'd just received his All Ireland ticket the day before he passed. RIP Greg.

Mayoffs

RIP Greg Maher,  tough no nonsense footballer.
My memory of him playing was his impact on the game against Tyrone in 89 in the second half.
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dec

Gmac

theskull1

I'm sure the arms company that paid for his 90th Birthday will be sending out invites
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

No wides

Quote from: Gmac on September 28, 2016, 03:39:11 PM
Quote from: dec on September 28, 2016, 03:29:45 PM
Shimon Peres
are u going to the funeral seafoid

He is training the Brexit negotiators - hasn't time.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Gordon Fulton, actor in Game Of Thrones, and Sammy The Barman in Give My Head Peace. He died suddenly at the weekend, aged 67.

muppet

MWWSI 2017