Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluestackBoy

Quote from: armaghniac on July 29, 2015, 05:42:17 PM
Peter O"Sullivan, the voice of racing.

I didn't know he was an Irishman, born in Kerry by all accounts.

Mind you his accent was about as far removed from a Kerry accent as it is possible to imagine & I doubt he ever said "Yerra" in his life.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

moysider

Quote from: BluestackBoy on July 30, 2015, 12:09:07 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 29, 2015, 05:42:17 PM
Peter O"Sullivan, the voice of racing.

I didn't know he was an Irishman, born in Kerry by all accounts.

Mind you his accent was about as far removed from a Kerry accent as it is possible to imagine & I doubt he ever said "Yerra" in his life.

With a name like that he had to be from the south-west. But wasn t around long enough to pick up the yarrahing.
He called so many iconic races down the years. Here's is the Grand National of
1973. Crisp was giving Red Rum 23lbs. Savagery back in the day when Aintree was a murderous obstacle course. A class horse like L'escarot was well back. How Crisp didn t drop dead is still a mystery. Still a shame he didn t hang on. Class and brave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiGaX0d_Pjk

Hardy

He had a real Yerra head on him, though.

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on July 31, 2015, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 31, 2015, 05:43:59 PM
A team mate of my niece

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/community-left-in-complete-shock-after-bright-and-bubbly-teen-18-killed-in-collision-31417469.html

I saw the headline but didn't know the details.

Very sad.

Have to feel for all the families involved. One of the saddest things I've ever been at is a Coroners inquest in to something like this. 

Captain Obvious

Wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Aristo 60

Lynn Anderson of Rose Garden fame rip

Denn Forever

Not a L Loorra Llaughs
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

T Fearon

Anyone who had a heart attack?

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2015, 08:55:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 31, 2015, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 31, 2015, 05:43:59 PM
A team mate of my niece

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/community-left-in-complete-shock-after-bright-and-bubbly-teen-18-killed-in-collision-31417469.html

I saw the headline but didn't know the details.

Very sad.

Have to feel for all the families involved. One of the saddest things I've ever been at is a Coroners inquest in to something like this.

Down at home for the weekend. This has hit the two clubs particularly hard. There is an ad hoc shrine on the road where it happened, which is very hard to look at as you drive by. The poor girl's Debs was to be tonight (Monday). The Mayo ladies team all sympathised, in their Mayo gear, on their way to their Tyone game.

The Mitchels will do a guard of honour today, involving players from every level and both codes.

As a parent I am scared to even think about what that poor girl's twin sister and family woke up to last week. RIP.
MWWSI 2017