Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

"RIP Caomhan" according to the Black Mountain.  Who might that be?

T Fearon

Saw that myself this morning.Black Mountain is such a wonderful place to get a message to a wide audience.Wonder why it hasn't been used by commercial enterprises?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

oakleafgael

Frank Gervin passed away today. A true gentleman who will be fondly remembered by anyone who ever had the pleasure of his company.

Gaffer

Frank Gervin was an absolute gentleman.

A sad loss for the community.

RIP Frank.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Feckitt

Shamrock Shore

George Byrne - Irish journalist, Shamrock Rovers fan, punk rocker, general curmudgeon

Dead from a stroke. RIP

mouview

Funny, irreverent journalist, even if he disliked most everything outside the Pale.

Bord na Mona man

Byrne was credited with inventing the terms 'bogball' and 'stickfighting'.

Hardy

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 02, 2015, 09:20:41 PM
George Byrne - Irish journalist, Shamrock Rovers fan, punk rocker, general curmudgeon

Dead from a stroke. RIP

Grumpy oul bollocks - my hero.  Made it his business to ensure that 'Stars of Heaven' had a chance in the world.  Rest in peace George.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

QuoteGrumpy oul bollocks - my hero.  Made it his business to ensure that 'Stars of Heaven' had a chance in the world.  Rest in peace George.

Also warned the world about the evil that is/was The Frames so another reason to mourn him.

Of course he was a massive fan of Horslips - described them bringing their show into the likes of Boyle, Cavan, Longford, as the rock equivalent of rural electrification.

Boycey

Dave "devilfish" Ulliott, one of the first stars of Texas Hold'em poker when it came into tv in the late 90's

StGallsGAA

Manuel Pellegrini's City career.

Agent Orange

James Best, the actor best known for his portrayal of bumbling yet endearing Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane on TV's "The Dukes of Hazzard," died at 9:28 p.m. ET Monday after a brief illness and complications of pneumonia. He was 88.

Never did manage to catch dem Duke boys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f3CFzahrRs