Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

This woman fought hard to die.

Marie Fleming, who lost a landmark Supreme Court right-to-die challenge earlier this year, has died.

Her partner Tom Curran said Ms Fleming died in the early hours of this morning.

The 59-year-old had been in the final stages of multiple sclerosis.

Mr Curran told RTÉ news that his partner's condition had worsened in the past two weeks and she had the "peaceful death in her own home", that she had fought for.

He said, however, he would continue to take part in a campaign to have the ban on assisted suicide lifted.

T Fearon

How can you have a "peaceful" death if you "fought" for it?

DoYerJob Linesman

Well done Tony.  Pick through the words of a distraught, grief stricken man for inaccuracies, however inconsequential they might be.  You stay classy.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Cold tea

Quote from: Olly on December 18, 2013, 07:01:51 PM
Sorry, James McGill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McGill

I hope I caused you no distress

Hardly, most people ignore you for the dickhead you are.  Happy Christmas.

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

seafoid

Quote from: orangeman on December 20, 2013, 12:21:24 PM
This woman fought hard to die.

Marie Fleming, who lost a landmark Supreme Court right-to-die challenge earlier this year, has died.

Her partner Tom Curran said Ms Fleming died in the early hours of this morning.

The 59-year-old had been in the final stages of multiple sclerosis.

Mr Curran told RTÉ news that his partner's condition had worsened in the past two weeks and she had the "peaceful death in her own home", that she had fought for.

He said, however, he would continue to take part in a campaign to have the ban on assisted suicide lifted.
Tom Curran is very  impressive. Criost le Marie ar a bhealach.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gaffer

David Coleman

0ne - Nil!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

lawnseed

The greatest sports commenter ever.. According to the brits david coleman is dead. Not sure if he was the best ever
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Minder

Quote from: lawnseed on December 21, 2013, 04:12:17 PM
The greatest sports commenter ever.. According to the brits david coleman is dead. Not sure if he was the best ever

He is definitely dead.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lawnseed

Quote from: hardstation on December 21, 2013, 04:16:39 PM
Strange way of writing what you were trying to say there.
Yeah you could read it a couple of ways.. In his 80s good age

T Fearon

Never realised Coleman had such strong Irish roots.Wiki says his immediate family was from Cork.Undoubtedly the British equivalent of Michael O'Hehir,he was an excellent commentator on soccer and particularly athletics.

Tony Baloney

I remember from documentaries last year that he was the key front man during the unfolding events in the Munich Olympics.

Milltown Row2

Certainly one of the best British sports commentators over the years, athletics was his best I thought, didn't realise he was that old. Did the Brazil game where Pele laid the ball of for Jairzinho in the game against England, pure class

Dicky Davis was my fav on a Sat afternoon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lawnseed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2013, 11:30:39 AM

Certainly one of the best British sports commentators over the years, athletics was his best I thought, didn't realise he was that old. Did the Brazil game where Pele laid the ball of for Jairzinho in the game against England, pure class

Dicky Davis was my fav on a Sat afternoon
dicky more of a presenter than a commentator though.. great hair

SHEEDY

Mikhail Kalashnikov inventor of the assault rifle has died aged 94.
nil satis nisi optimum