Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Condolences to you and your family DH.

Orior

My Dad would run a mile if I told him I love him. He has never told me anything like that either. It would be a very difficult subject. Mum would be a different matter altogether
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Oraisteach

A moving post, DH.  Very sorry to hear of your loss.

All of a Sludden

Condolences to both Drinking Harp and Harold on their respective losses.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 25, 2013, 08:38:32 AM
Well said DrinkingHarp, sorry for your loss. I've been through it recently an know how hard it is, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, I'm back at work & have the head sorted.

Thank You Harold and I send my belated condolences.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Thank You everyone for your good wishes!!
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

laoislad

RTE presenter Colm Murray.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

orangeman

30 July 2013

THE hugely-popular RTE broadcaster Colm Murray has died.

The racing stalwart and presenter, who was in his early 60s, had been fighting motor neurone disease (MND).

It is understood that the father-of-two passed away last night.

In a revealing documentary that aired last year, Mr Murray admitted he focused on three words when he heard the devastating news of his illness: progressive, incurable and terminal.

The presenter's last Cheltenham festival was in March 2010, just two weeks before he was diagnosed with MND.

His popularity among television audiences and the racing community is such that the RTE documentary on his battle with MND attracted 600,000 viewers.

At the time he said he was "overwhelmed" by people contacting him after the programme in which he vowed not to let the disease ruin his life.

The Westmeath man said that he hoped the documentary played some small part in raising awareness of MND in Ireland.

He was diagnosed with the condition on March 30, 2010, and later took part in international trials which hope to find a cure for the debilitating illness.

Professor Orla Hardiman of Trinity College and Beaumont Hospital, an international authority on MND, praised the RTE star for his courage.

"Colm could easily have laid down to the disease and become a victim but he instead became a champion," she said.

Colm himself said: "I am overwhelmed and delighted by the hugely positive response to the documentary."

Shamrock Shore

Ah that's sad. I am sure he will be remembered at the Galway Races this week.

Declan

Horrible disease. RIP. not a mention on the RTE website.

I see JJ Cale also passed away last week - some great songs 

give her dixie

Rest in peace Colm. Having lost my father to Motor Neurone Disease, I know how horrible the illness is, and hopefully
some day soon a cure can be found.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Croí na hÉireann

Just heard the sad news about Colm Murray, he used to own the sports chair on the six one news. A proud Westmeath man from Moate, handled his illness in the most dignified, selfless way in trying to raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Also, very belated condolences to Drinking Harp and Harold on their respective losses.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

laoislad

Sharon Ni Bheolain looked like she was about to start crying there on the RTE News while talking about Colm Murray.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Eileen Brennan dies aged 80. She was Goldie Hawn's nemesis in Private Benjamin.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

T Fearon

Sarah Reavey, Whitecross,Armagh, who lost three sons in an appalling sectarian murder in January 1976.Her trauma was made worse just a few years ago when Paisley (feted by the likes of Ahern and other freestaters, big buddies with Mc Guinness) used Brit parliamentary privilege to falsely accuse another son of IRA membership,a lie which the old bastard refuses to retract or apologise for, up to this day.ftp://