Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: mouview on June 20, 2013, 12:49:39 AM
Almost incredibly, James Gandolfini.

Farewell, Tony Soprano.

Too bad. I loved the Sopranos back in the day!  :(

Declan

Very young to go alright. He 'd lived a fairly full and interesting life in those 51 years though

Billys Boots

He played an American Army General in the film version of 'The Thick of It' - the movie name escapes me; he was most un-Tony-like.  He'll always be Tony for me - the best TV programme ever.  RIP.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

andoireabu

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 20, 2013, 04:57:47 PM
He played an American Army General in the film version of 'The Thick of It' - the movie name escapes me; he was most un-Tony-like.  He'll always be Tony for me - the best TV programme ever.  RIP.

In the Loop
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Dubh driocht

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 20, 2013, 10:04:22 AM
Addio Antonio. I shall raise a glass to him and the Greatest TV show ever.

Times two. Tony was a complex character and Gandolfini grew into it. Bit like the Beatles, I still had a lingering hope we would see another last hurrah- sadly, not to be.

Tony Baloney

playwiththewind1st

I said this morning that maybe it was Pauley who had him bumped off - one of the greatest TV shows ever & Gandolfini was obviously central to its success.

muppet

Twitter: Jim Reilly, Dunboyne, AI winner with Meath in 1954 and father of Brendan.

RIP
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Sorry to hear that. That's a number of our All-Ireland winners gone in fairly quick succession - Peter Moore, Peter McDermott, Noel Curran and Jim. As well as Matty Gilsenan, not an AI winner but as big a legend as those who were.

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2013, 11:26:30 PM
Twitter: Jim Reilly, Dunboyne, AI winner with Meath in 1954 and father of Brendan.

RIP

Great to see that those great men are being remembered.

There is a great respect for these great men.

Not so sure the modern day Heroes will get the same recognition in 60-70 years time given the way society is changing.

washed_up

Also Eamonn Lundy from the Dromara club and Down '60 and '61 R.I.P.

Shamrock Shore

Bernie Nolan

One of the Nolan sisters some of us remember from the 70s

ONeill

That's sad. Young enough daughter too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility