Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: our_fella on March 10, 2015, 05:11:47 PM
Quote from: clowry13 on March 10, 2015, 02:19:19 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on March 09, 2015, 04:03:15 PM
After yesterday's game I think the main worry is the inability to pass a ball accurately. We kicked away a lot of possession. That is nothing to do with talent, height, experience or any of the things we may not be blessed with. Even club players are expected to be able to pass a ball 20 yards accurately.

Apart from that, our midfield presence is very worrying and the inability to prevent teams coming right through the middle of our defence. We need a strong No.6 to hold that area.

I personally didn't think that lack of height held our full forward line back at all. Thought they were our best unit. Big Turley did a great job of holding midfield together more-or-less by himself. I cannot understand why big Arthur is not given a start. Packie Downey deserves a shot at midfield although Ryan Mallon should really be given first call against Westmeath due to his experience.

Ryan Boyle is a very good attacking half back but he is no corner back and should not have been played there. having said that he should at least have tried to get closer to his man. I would like to see big Arthur in at half forward, Devlin move up and O'Hanlon drop back, three from McKernan, Garvey, O'Hanlon, Boyle, and O'Hagan at half back, Mallon or Downey into midfield,

Kane

Howard - D Turley - Collins

McKernan - Garvey - O'Hanlon/Boyle/O'Hagan

Downey/Mallon - P Turley

McConville - Poland - Devlin

Laverty - McGarry - O'Hare

I must admit I don't know if D Turley is the right man for fullback but don't see any obvious contender. But on recent showing he is big, strong but not adept enough for corner back.

I do not agree with that team to be totally honest. I think that conor garvey is the best full back we have. I also think peter fitzpatrick needs to be in the middle along with mooney coming in instead of mcconville. Also, mcgarry never proved himself last in divison 2 also he didnt perform to standard on sunday! jerome johnson into the full forward line.

Jesus effing christ. It was the lads debut ffs. You expect 2-10 out of him or something? Muppet

Are the expletives necessary?

PAULD123

You get more from making polite points than swearing but at least Our-Fella was making a valid case. Ross did well for a debut and for me never wasted possession which is more than can be said for a lot of our players. His only error was a missed point attempt but that was hardly a crime. He played a lot better than Jerome did when he came on (and I am a huge fan of Jerome). But what part of his performance was not up to standard?

As for the comment that he never proved himself in division 2!!!!! Are you for real?

TooLongRef

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 11, 2015, 01:00:02 PM
You get more from making polite points than swearing but at least Our-Fella was making a valid case. Ross did well for a debut and for me never wasted possession which is more than can be said for a lot of our players. His only error was a missed point attempt but that was hardly a crime. He played a lot better than Jerome did when he came on (and I am a huge fan of Jerome). But what part of his performance was not up to standard?

As for the comment that he never proved himself in division 2!!!!! Are you for real?

Think he's trying to say that playing division 2 last year Ross hasn't proved himself as good enough for county standard boss. Hard to disagree because any wise man knows division 2 is a poor standard as is intermediate football.

Line Ball

Any word of a team for tonight?  I mean, I'm sure it is picked (unless they are going to pick it on the bus on the way up!!!!!) so how hard would it be to announce it?  The Down Way!

Derry have alot of absentees so I would be expecting a win tonight.

snoopdog

Under 21st well beat tonight. Don't live in County anymore so not sure what was expected of this squad. But it's over for another year at this level

Smurfy123

Can anyone post a team for tonight's under 21 game.All other county's in iIreland seem to release a team with the exception of Down.Why is this?A Derry team missing 8 regulars and we still can't beat them.The question has to be asked why more Warrenpoint lads didn't make the team!!!!!

Leftmidfield

2 point players Aaron Magee  and Cormac McCartan. Donagh McAleenan not fit due to broken finger.
Would still like to know the line-out tonight and the score

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

elk

Quote from: Leftmidfield on March 11, 2015, 10:47:14 PM
2 point players Aaron Magee  and Cormac McCartan. Donagh McAleenan not fit due to broken finger.
Would still like to know the line-out tonight and the score
only 3 point lads isn't a great representation for the county champions

NP 76

Down team tonight was
Mark Reid
Aaron Mc Donald
Aaron Beattie
Aidan Fulcher
Anthony Doherty
Rory Burns
Ruairi Wells
Conor Devlin
Joe Mc Kinney
Martin Devlin
Cathal Foy
Aaron Magee
Pat Havern
Rory Mason
Conal gallagher

Centre 3/4

How you can justify 4 Bryansford men starting I'll never know

Brick Tamlin

Could someone put their clubs beside them if possible.
Not a lot of names in there id recognise I must admit.

NP 76

Down team tonight was
Mark Reid Bryansford
Aaron Mc Donald Bryansford
Aaron Beattie Newry bosco
Aidan Fulcher kilcoo
Anthony Doherty Downpatrick
Rory Burns Castlewellan
Ruairi Wells Bryansford
Conor Devlin Bryansford
Joe Mc Kinney daragh Cross
Martin Devlin kilcoo
Cathal Foy Burren
Aaron Magee Warrenpoint
Pat Havern saval
Rory Mason loughisland
Conal Gallagher Newry Bosco

Brick Tamlin

Shocking low representation from South Down clubs in there.
Not often you see county side with little or nobody from Mayobridge, Clonduff, Rostrevor, Burren on it.
Maybe this is the way things are going. Is the talent all residing in East Down now?

Down Follower

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on March 12, 2015, 10:13:26 AM
Shocking low representation from South Down clubs in there.
Not often you see county side with little or nobody from Mayobridge, Clonduff, Rostrevor, Burren on it.
Maybe this is the way things are going. Is the talent all residing in East Down now?

A Final of 2014 was Warrenpoint v Burren
B Final of 2014 was Rostrevor v Carryduff

3 out of 4 finalists from South Down