Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 03, 2010, 03:12:32 PM
To be fair to ,whats my name ,lads
Its not a video which shows Mulvey in a bad light,just him having the craic at the fleadh.
It may not be appropriate for here,but its not the worst thing thats ever been posted about a player/club on this thread.
Lorcan being the sound lad,that he is,im sure he wouldnt mind.

Exactly. If people want to look at videos of Cavan footballers or any other Tom, Dick or Harry thats what Youtube is for. A discussion board for football is not the place.
Lorcan probably wouldn't mind but its not really the point. If he wants people to see it, he can put it up himself.
Sorry for acting like the Board police here but privacy has to be respected for everybody, not just IC footballers. Youtube, Facebook etc are for things like that. Lets keep this to football discussion.

Whens the Killygarry-Redhills game on?

beer baron

Over at Knockbride Drumgoon game last night,Tierney was immense as usual,Peter's still got a bit of class about him and Larry likewise though was kept pretty quiet for most of the game but then hit 3 nice points in a 5 minute period when Drumgoon were getting back in the game.Rogers hit one of the sweetest points you'll see in club championship 2  minutes into the game from out in the corner but was kept quiet enough oterwise!Drumgoon were disappointing,Hannon,Fannin etc. didn't step up when they were needed to,Paddy mc cabe was the one doing the only damage on the scoreboard and tried motivate the rest,goonies had Paul mc cabe on the bench and i expected him on last 10 minutes to try get a score or 2,presume he's injured or not training?

Denn Forever

It would be weird to see Crosserlough relegated. 

According to the Arva wesbsite, its at your ground at 16.00.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

put-it-up-again

So the Goonies bottled it again?

Its unreal to think that the likes of Larry Peter and Rogers are still carrying Knockbride. How many times have we said this will be their last year?

There is no doubting Tierney's footballing brain at all. I wasn't at the game last night but I would imagine that he was the chief supplier for the Knocks dangerous attack.

Was a draw for th semi's done or will that be tonight?

My money would be on Crosserlough to get relegated aswell. They have been struggling for a while now.. I would say that game against Denn was some thriller  ::) Surprised to hear all three of the new management were at that game rather than one or two having a look at the Drumgoon game.

Kingscourt Stars

Lads,

Roll up, roll up!! The Infamous Kingscourt Stars All-Ireland Football Final Ticket Draw has just over a week left to run.

For the first time ever, tickets are available online via the website - www.kingscourtstars.ie . First prize is Two Tickets to the All-Ireland Senior Football Final along with overnight accommodation in the Skylon Hotel and €200 spending money. There are further cash prizes all the way down to 8th place.

All told, a prize well worth winning so why not try your luck and simultaneously help support a harmless wee GAA club just trying to get by in these tough aul' times.......

To enter just click on www.kingscourtstars.ie and try your luck.... It only costs a €10, sure that would hardly get you a burger in The Aviva!!

Regards

Kingscourt Stars GAA

P.S. The Club would like to point out that no GAA fans were harmed in the making of this draw and any negative comments in relation to the draw and be logged on www.littletobedoing.ie   

Dougal

we drew with drumlane.anyone know how the other games went?i see redhills beat killygarry.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Bailieboro won by 6 I think. Drumalee won by 1.

boojangles

Intermediate draw

Drumlane/Killeshandra V Bailieboro
Drumalee V Knockbride

Junior

Swad V Shercock/Mountnugent
Shannon Gaels V Munchies

Swadman

Mountnugent beat Shercock 1:10 to 0:08 in Virginia - Big shock
Munchies beat Kildallanan and Swad beat Arva  -  No shock
I was at the Swad Arva game and saw Terry in the stand only to see him be be joined by ............DONAL ||||
(Notify Tom Smith)
I see a "Talalght strategy" unfolding.
They may have come to see the return of Gearoid McK from the US but if they weren't sitting down within 5 min of the start then they missed his cameo. Idiot retaliated and got a red. Swad still trounced Arva with 14 on a scoreline of 1:18 to 0:06

Westside

Gearoid's temper really only seems to boil over at club level? It's something he really needs to get in check. I've been at a few games where he should have saw the line and perhaps the ref held back because he was on the county. I hear Mark Cunningham played a stormer. He's one of the few junior talents that could be given a chance at county level. Is Chris Curran playing with Swad these days?

Certainly looks like Swad should be on for the double if they keep this form up.

Dougal

U21 championship draws

Hotel Kilmore Under 21 Championship Division 1:

First Round:

Drumloman v Slieve Glah Gaels Team 1

Cavan Gaels v Gowna Team 2

St Joseph's v Castlerahan Team 3

Ramor/Munterconnacht v Lavey Team 4

St Finbarr's v St Killian's Team 5

Erne Gaels v Kingscourt Team 6

Quarter Finals:

Ballinagh v Team 5

Team 1 v Team 4

Team 2 v Team 3

Team 6 v Corglass

• Extra Time if necessary in games up to and including Quarter Finals.
• First name team has home advantage up to and including Quarter Finals.
• Start Date 09/10 October 2010.

Hotel Kilmore Under 21 Championship Division 2:

First Round:

Shercock v Ballyhaise Team 1

Drumgoon v Bailieboro Team 2

Mountnugent v Drumlane Team 3

Quarter Finals:

Cootehill v Team 3

Team 2 v Laragh Utd

Shannon Gaels v Drumalee

Knockbride v Team 1

• Extra Time if necessary in games up to and including Quarter Finals.
• First name team has home advantage up to and including Quarter Finals.
• Start Date 09/10 October 2010.

who are drumloman??ive been told loads of time who slieve glah gaels are but can never remeber.is it killygarry and denn or something?

erne gaels will be a serious team,beturbet still have a load of lads that got to the final last year and redhills have dunne minagh leddy and a couple other very good players.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

PhilsJemmysField

drumloman  ---> Think is Mullahoran and Ballymcchugh

Did not manage to see the Drumlane Killeshandra game. Do Killeshandra have McKiernan back or is he a long term injury at this stage ?

Peter is giving it one hell of a last year with the Knocks, was literally not able to walk at the start of the game but you could see him fight his way into a game. Hope he does not go and do himself long term harm. Would like to see him do it but from looking at Drumalee that will be tight stuff
Still in a state of shock that BBoro are in a semi but they have every chance now

Lawrence of Knockbride

I'm hearing a few whispers of fixtures for the weekend.
Anyone got a comprehensive list. Is it Killygarry that are in the relegation final with the 'lough?

Homer

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 07, 2010, 10:37:35 AM
I'm hearing a few whispers of fixtures for the weekend.
Anyone got a comprehensive list. Is it Killygarry that are in the relegation final with the 'lough?

Yes Friday @8.00

Full list...

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t7.php?userid=&report=1&reporttype=fixtures&sportid=1&club_id=&clubid=&nextweek=1&countyid=4&contentcountyid=4&contentsportid=1

PhilsJemmysField

Friday, 10th September 2010 @ 8pm
Hotel Kilmore Senior Championship Relegation Play Off
Crosserlough v Killygarry
Venue:  Kingspan Breffni Park
Referee:  MG Brady
Linesmen:  Jim Giblin & Kieran McCarville

Saturday, 11th September 2010 @ 3pm
Hotel Kilmore Junior C Special Competition Semi Finals
Knockbride v Ballyhaise (Game at 6pm)
Venue:  PJ Duke Park, Stradone
Referee: Ronan Bannon