We need to talk about the Dubs - get it off your chest

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 18, 2017, 02:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: dublin7 on July 26, 2017, 11:39:18 PM
Quote from: ashman on July 26, 2017, 11:33:59 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on July 26, 2017, 11:28:44 PM
Well done Dublin supporters.  The bureaucrats are slowly taking away all the fun out of supporting your team.  I support your move 100%.

Don't worry the gaa will mind the 1 million euros not spent in the shops  - using 50,000 dubs at an average of 20 euros.

Some rules make sense and some don't and this one doesn't.  Great to see supporters making a stand.

Each Dub eating an average of 4 burgers ??

The vast majority won't give a shit .   either we accept the full H&S package or we don't .

It isn't a big deal .

I can understand the bitterness about the dubs winning All Ireland's but this is nothing to do with that. H&S gone mad. I would have thought this is an issue all GAA fans could support, but because it's Dublin the bitterness/jealously comes out and people automatically assume dubs are complaining so it must be a good rule

It's gone mad until some poor fúcker dies or is injured. Insurance premiums, lad.

sligoman2

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 11:54:58 PM
Well done Dublin supporters.  The bureaucrats are slowly taking away all the fun out of supporting your team.  I support your move 100%.

Don't worry the gaa will mind the 1 million euros not spent in the shops  - using 50,000 dubs at an average of 20 euros.

Some rules make sense and some don't and this one doesn't.  Great to see supporters making a stand.

The vast majority won't give a shit .   either we accept the full H&S package or we don't .

It isn't a big deal .

I can understand the bitterness about the dubs winning All Ireland's but this is nothing to do with that. H&S gone mad. I would have thought this is an issue all GAA fans could support, but because it's Dublin the bitterness/jealously comes out and people automatically assume dubs are complaining so it must be a good rule

It's gone mad until some poor fúcker dies or is injured. Insurance premiums, lad.

Not 4 burgers I was thinking two pints a burger and a bag of chips - you get my point.

As for someone getting injured, what a load of Shute, you can get injured anywhere, when does the nonsense stop??
I'm delighted someone has the balls to stand up and tell the gaa or h&s to cop on, this is worse than the yanks...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

dublin7

It isn't a big deal .

How exactly can a flag kill someone? Please share with us in your infinite wisdom how passing this flag overhead (before the game starts) is life threatening and will increase insurance risk/premiums

Syferus

Quote from: dublin7 on July 27, 2017, 01:50:52 AM

It isn't a big deal .

How exactly can a flag kill someone? Please share with us in your infinite wisdom how passing this flag overhead (before the game starts) is life threatening and will increase insurance risk/premiums

If you're this upset over something as pointless as a big flag (the press release was full on hilarity btw) then maybe you might have finally context for how annoyed the other 31 counties are at the many actual advantage Dublin enjoys over ever else.

mup

It isn't a big deal .

As a GAA fan I completely agree. I had planned to bring a giant Kildare flag on to Hill 16 this weekend and now this ruling has prevented me from doing so.

Of course not opening the Hill in the first place didn't help my cause either.

So don't come on here with your bitterness/jealousy anti Dublin bs. ALL Gaa fans should be afforded the opportunity to stand on Hill 16 this weekend if they so wish.

Perhaps you'd like to make a stand on our behalf and not buy your burgers in Croke Park because of not opening the Hill this weekend? Or perhaps you just couldn't care less. And then you have the audacity to come on here and tell us that we are all bitter because this should affect all GAA fans and not just Dubs.

Seriously?

johnneycool

ashman

Quote from: johnneycool on July 27, 2017, 08:30:30 AM
Was this not a ruling by Dublin Fire Brigade?

A few years back the Dublin fire brigade was full of Dublin footballers .

dublin7

Quote from: Syferus on July 27, 2017, 02:02:46 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 27, 2017, 01:50:52 AM

It isn't a big deal .

If you're this upset over something as pointless as a big flag (the press release was full on hilarity btw) then maybe you might have finally context for how annoyed the other 31 counties are at the many actual advantage Dublin enjoys over ever else.

Shame on Dublin fans for trying to bring a bit of colour/atmosphere to the game!!! I don't know if it's impressive or depressing how you managed to turn a debate about flags into another rant against the dubs funding.

ashman

It isn't a big deal .

This was decided by the Dublin fire brigade so if the good Dublin patrons on Hill 16 and going to have a boycott then don't ring 999 when your house is on fire .

That will learn them !

TheGreatest

@ MUP, I would definitely support you in the opening of HILL16 for matches, I think it is a disgrace that it doesn't open for other games, it quite discussing actually. 

This weekend, plus the Leinster Hurling final with 60 K there , 12 K should have the opportunity to buy the cheaper tickets and stand if they want.

Croker hate the Hill, they hate the handball alley beside the Hill, they hate the residents, the residents committees etc. That is why they are buying up all the land, house , properties and business all around Croke Park. They want the monopoly.

It all other stadiums in the work they have big flags, look at pairc I Chaomh last week, big cork flag and flares.

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 27, 2017, 09:17:21 AM
@ MUP, I would definitely support you in the opening of HILL16 for matches, I think it is a disgrace that it doesn't open for other games, it quite discussing actually. 

This weekend, plus the Leinster Hurling final with 60 K there , 12 K should have the opportunity to buy the cheaper tickets and stand if they want.

Croker hate the Hill, they hate the handball alley beside the Hill, they hate the residents, the residents committees etc. That is why they are buying up all the land, house , properties and business all around Croke Park. They want the monopoly.

It all other stadiums in the work they have big flags, look at pairc I Chaomh last week, big cork flag and flares.

Look I think it's absolutely ridiculous that the GAA can come out with this stuff. Of course the flags etc it adds to the atmosphere. Frankly I cannot figure out why it is a health and safety issue.

The GAA don't give a flying **** about the fans. Being a staunch GAA man it used to annoy me greatly how some referred to the GAA as the 'Grab All Association'. I'm finding myself agreeing with them more and more everyday.

I give out more than most about Dublin playing in Croke Park or not playing in Portlaoise one year while playing there the next. I don't blame Dublin for this.

This is not about Dublin/The Rest - it's about all GAA fans. This flag issue is being turned into a Dublin thing when its clearly not. Its about the comb-overs on committee's all over the country who haven't a clue.

magpie seanie

Quote from: mup on July 27, 2017, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 27, 2017, 09:17:21 AM

Look I think it's absolutely ridiculous that the GAA can come out with this stuff. Of course the flags etc it adds to the atmosphere. Frankly I cannot figure out why it is a health and safety issue.

The GAA don't give a flying **** about the fans. Being a staunch GAA man it used to annoy me greatly how some referred to the GAA as the 'Grab All Association'. I'm finding myself agreeing with them more and more everyday.

I give out more than most about Dublin playing in Croke Park or not playing in Portlaoise one year while playing there the next. I don't blame Dublin for this.

This is not about Dublin/The Rest - it's about all GAA fans. This flag issue is being turned into a Dublin thing when its clearly not. Its about the comb-overs on committee's all over the country who haven't a clue.

And this is a stark warning - if you think it's bad now, imagine what it will be like if Peter McKenna takes over from Paraic Duffy? I actually shiver at the thought.

Main Street

Fortunately there is a GAA musuem where people can view images of what it was once like at Croke Park on big match days in August and September

And when the Mayo supporters group calls upon their fans to be the 16th man, the addendum is "no bigger than A4 please".

Itchy

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on July 27, 2017, 11:02:53 AM
I thought these big flegs were passed around football stadiums all over Europe?

They are. This is pathetic. At Anfield a massive badge is passed around before kickoff. Usually goes from one side of the Kop to the other, and then down the Centenary Stand.

At Thomond Park, FFS, there's a big Banner that goes around the West Stand before kickoff on the big matches.

This is bullshite. Little to be worrying about.