Norway

Started by Galwaybhoy, March 31, 2009, 04:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

A few of us are flying out to Oslo Saturday morning for four nights.  We are renting out a car and going to try and see as much of the country as we can in four days!

Anyone here being to Norway?  Is there anything we must see and do while we are over there?  Anything we shouldn't miss?  I know its probably not a hugely popular holiday destination comparing to some other places, but anyone thats been and has any knowledge of the area, I'd like to hear what they thought of the country.

armaghniac

Expensive place, but not in a rip-off way. Prices are clear and straightforward, just high. Norway is just too big to see in 4 days, you could spend 4 days in Oslo. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Galwaybhoy

Yeah I was thinking four days wouldn't be enough, but thats all we have got.  Think we are only spending one day in Oslo, going to travel around after that, we want to get in as much as possible, and I don't want to stay in the city, I'd like to see the surrounding areas and countryside as well.  We will just have to fit in as much as we can.

Pangurban

Sandino

I was in Norway a few years back. The best thing about Norway is its natural beauty. I would spend some time driving along is coast.The views are stunning! The countryside in general is very clean beautiful to drive through.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

thebigfella

Kristansand is deadly craic round July when the Quart festival is on. Got a bar called Herlig Land and I'd recommend it if your ever want to see the unbelievably best looking waitresses/bar staff ever. Needless to say my application for a job was turned down  ;)