Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Ziggy doing a sterling job this morning locking needless threads.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2015, 12:58:54 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 12:53:21 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2015, 12:48:11 AM
It's fairly clear lads ...

1. Tyrone dominated Monaghan from start to finish no question.

2. Cavanagh tried to decapitate a Monaghan player and then tried to proclaim his innocence for some unknown reason.

3. Monaghan (particularly Finlay when he came on) lost the run of themselves and should have had at least 2 men red carded.

4. Tyrone lay down like Children... Cavanagh (what? No he's not a diver)... The lad who got black carded who actually changed the angle of his run to collide with Hughes and tried ed to get him black carded... McCann (well covered and still no reasonable defence from the inbreds).

5. Trampish behaviour from McNabb digging McManus in the ribs and McMahon being generally a cnut throughout the game.

Anyway all we should be taking about is number 1 but Tyrone just can't do winning with grace. They were well on top in the game why the nonsense?? Also why does Saint Mickey Opus Dei I'm wile Holy Harte send his players out to do this shit? Its been going on for 12 years now how do hos hands continue to be kept clean with this nonsense he sends his players out to execute?

The blanket defence is one thing but sending your players out to sledge/dive/sly dig the opponent is not in the spirit of the game and while you can understand it when teams are getting beat well I find it hard to condone when your team is winning comfortably.

The only salvation is Tyrone are not at the Kerry/Dublin/Mayo level... Thank God!!!

Hmmm.

The reaction of the in-breds and the apple chompers is amusing.

What Finlay did was worse than anything that went on elsewhere.

Was it worse than McNabb having a sneaky dig into McManus' ribs??
These days the  standards of what's worse? eg simulating hurt to get a player red carded. And opposition get goaded into indisciplined retaliation. Why else did Finlay get involved? it's most always just Tyrone this type of stuff happens , Finlay's discipline is generally exemplary in games against every other team. He has a highly respected reputation.
And as for Sean Cavanagh, a brilliant player out there yesterday but it was asked previously why the selective ire for him.
It's because he revels in the worst aspects of cynical gamesmanship, it's a chronic  ailment with him. And it stands out like a sore thumb when it's the most influential player in Ulster doing it. Without all that crap, he would be an inspiration for all who enjoy/play  the game but with it, he's a malignant example. If it was an average player rolling around after a pat on the back,  nobody would care that much,  but it's  depressing when the captain of the team and brilliant player is doing it.

Jeepers Creepers

Regardless of everyone's views on Sean Cavanagh, he took more than a pat on the back yesterday.

Itchy

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 09, 2015, 09:30:55 AM
Delighted with the win yesterday and I thought Tyrone took some great scores,defended well and were well worthy of the win.But I must say I was very disappointed with Tiernan McCann's actions.He deserves every bit of stick he's getting and is going to get.There were plenty of unsavoury actions from both sides yesterday.Rory Beggan went down holding his face in injury time but made a miraculous recovery within seconds.McAliskey did exactly the same thing also.One of the Derry boys highlighted Justin McMahon's mouthing but Kieran Hughes was having plenty to say for himself as well as acting the maggot all day.At one stage in the 1st half right in front of me I watched Dessie Mone rake his studs down on Mark Bradley's heel. McCarron had plenty to listen to as well.I am in no way condoning the actions of some Tyrone players.I have a young lad playing football myself and if I saw him doing what McCann did I'd go out on the field myself and take him off.But I'd just say again that both teams were at it yesterday though you wouldn't think it when reading this thread.

One thing you would wonder is whether something was said to McCann during the hair rubbing incident, something personal perhaps. His dive was shocking but perhaps there were two sides to the story. It's depressing watching Tyrone, Monaghan and Armagh play- always at this shite. There will come a day when parents stop bringing their kids to matches if this stuff is allowed continue

rrhf

Couldnt be bothered reading through this thread...glorious Sunday morning  and yes back in an all Ireland semifinal.  Great performance by Tyrone yesterday. Was disappointed in.some.of.the monaghan off the ball stuff  combined with refereeeing standards that lead to a discipline breakdown and some silliness in the last 10. That's  enough on that though.
Most importantly I'm sure  there's men throughout the land who are raging that a little feared Tyrone team could go so far.  I Don't give them much chance against kerry but fair.play to them..I'd have loved to be playing the dubs as we would beat them at the moment.

LeoMc

Quote from: general_lee on August 08, 2015, 11:40:25 PM
Also forget to mention Tyrone fans. Again you lot are complete pukes. Every decision against Tyrone,  no matter how blatantly obvious was the ref being a cheating bastid! Still yapping about decisions with the game won! Mayo fans just as bad, applauding wides and yellow cards and cheering every Donegal mistake! Again the game won and over with 25 mins to go!
We fed have more than our share. It is the lack of knowledge annoys me. Roaring black card ref at every free.

mcslaggart

Quote from: Itchy on August 09, 2015, 09:57:29 AM

One thing you would wonder is whether something was said to McCann during the hair rubbing incident, something personal perhaps. His dive was shocking but perhaps there were two sides to the story. It's depressing watching Tyrone, Monaghan and Armagh play- always at this shite. There will come a day when parents stop bringing their kids to matches if this stuff is allowed continue

kevin costner gives an excellent analysis of the event.

https://www.facebook.com/BELFASTLAD/videos/vb.167750270096599/411575615714062/?type=2&theater

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: rrhf on August 09, 2015, 10:15:10 AM..I'd have loved to be playing the dubs as we would beat them at the moment.

God love your optimism.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Throw ball

Quote from: LeoMc on August 09, 2015, 10:17:47 AM
Quote from: general_lee on August 08, 2015, 11:40:25 PM
Also forget to mention Tyrone fans. Again you lot are complete pukes. Every decision against Tyrone,  no matter how blatantly obvious was the ref being a cheating bastid! Still yapping about decisions with the game won! Mayo fans just as bad, applauding wides and yellow cards and cheering every Donegal mistake! Again the game won and over with 25 mins to go!
We fed have more than our share. It is the lack of knowledge annoys me. Roaring black card ref at every free.

That is not the sole preserve of Tyrone fans though!

LeoMc

Quote from: Whishtup on August 08, 2015, 11:58:33 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 11:56:29 PM
McAliskey was very fortunate to get a free for the goal chance he fluffed.

On the contrary, he was pushed at the last minute-definite black card.  A great turn of pace by Conor.
Is a push or nudge a black card?

tonto1888

Quote from: redcard on August 09, 2015, 12:07:47 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 11:41:25 PM
Quote from: Bingo on August 08, 2015, 11:38:40 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 11:34:29 PM
Why was the ref not allowing quick kick outs at times and others he ignored?

Also, he was harsh on Monaghan in the second half twice for calling back play when Monaghan played a free quickly.

He's Marty Duffy, he does what he wants  ;)

No idea, once he second half he done it when Monaghan looked to have a gap on a break in the Tyrone half.

Struck me he was a man who liked having a breather.
He was insisting the kick out was taken from the proper place. Corrected Morgan on a few occasions at the start.
If that's the case he missed a couple of obvious ones

Disillusioned

You have to hand it to them, Tyrone were up for it and did the business when it counted.

This whole McCann diving incident is doing two things, it is taking away from some excellent disciplined performances and it is disguising other poor decisions on the line and the lack of depth in the squad.

How brilliant were Petey Harte, Mattie Donnelly and Ronan McNabb?  As good as the best on any team left in the championship. They played on a different level from the others in their team and none of the nonsense.  The Tyrone full back line were great until McNamee, in the last five minutes, got infected by the hysteria of the less talented in both teams.  Even McCann showed he could be a new version of Davy Harte with his runs from defence when the ball was fed to him. Colm Cavanagh probably had his best game for Tyrone, never crossing into the Monaghan half and pulling balls out of the clouds.  The corner forwards rolled the scoreboard on.  Meyler was a fool in pulling down a man who would have been black carded for a body block.

On the other hand, poor Mark Bradley was out of his depth and anonymous. The McCann dive will take the spotlight away from his brother costing his team a free and a score at a key time and being the sub who had to be subbed after ten minutes.  Good decision by management to be brave enough to take him back off but who ever thought he should have been on?  The most of the other subs who came on added nothing, McNulty couldn't get into the game and O'Neill was too hyped up by the hysteria that he made no contribution.  Unlike the other three teams left, there is no depth to the squad.  there are 17/18 players compared to Kerry and Dublin with 22/25 players who are interchangeable.  Sean Cavanagh showed he still has the talent to lead Tyrone in attack and his antics were no worse yesterday than in any other game.  However, he did contribute to the hysteria that almost cost his team the game if Monaghan had a leader or even listened to Dick Clerkin when he came on.  At the same time he was the target for some abuse and a serious assault.

McCann's dive also hides the behaviour of the Monaghan players which can be poor enough on any day but for some it was pretty terrible yesterday and cost them the game when the hysteria started in the last ten minutes of ordinary time and the almost nine minutes of additional time.  Finlay should have walked for his sneaky punch to the base of Cavanagh's skull, very dangerous and a signal of intent.  Hughes should have walked either with a red/black card or should have been subbed by O'Rourke because his behaviour contributed to the hysteria.  It was obvious he was given free rein to rile the Tyrone players and it worked.  He was the boys sent on with the stick to poke the wasps' nest until they attacked.  If McManus had been up for leading an all out footballing assault on the Tyrone defence in the additional 9 minutes given to him, Monaghan would have won when the Tyrone players went hyper with their reactions and attempt to defend their lead.  If the goal had been scored, Monaghan were on top and could have had a draw or a win.  Discipline for key Tyrone defenders was gone.  A key weakness was exposed for Tyrone but none of the other teams remaining will behave as badly as some of the Monaghan players and management who allowed them to do so.

Well done Tyrone, last Ulster team standing and with the potential to win if they can hold it together for 80 minutes and the other teams will be afraid of them, very afraid.
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

tonto1888

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 12:56:03 AM
Quote from: Darby on August 09, 2015, 12:54:22 AM
For the record, Tyrone were without question the better team. I just think they're classless, that's all.

All of them?

Not all of them no. I thought the Harte fella showed a bit of class at one stage pushing his mates out the way so Monaghan could take their free. Maybe he didn't want the ball moved up but it was still good to see

tonto1888

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 02:06:25 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2015, 02:02:38 AM
McMahon did seem to be doing some serious slabbering on Tv, nearly a re-run of his brother at halftime in the Donegal game

Serious slabbering? What was he saying or who to? How many times did you see this 'serious slabbering'?

It was shown on tele a few times mate. He was yelling in general, pumping his fists but also he was saying a few things to the Monaghan players.  Not a lip reader so couldn't say whatever's happening but it didn't look to be said in a friendly manner

Meadbh

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 09, 2015, 10:45:34 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 02:06:25 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2015, 02:02:38 AM
McMahon did seem to be doing some serious slabbering on Tv, nearly a re-run of his brother at halftime in the Donegal game

Serious slabbering? What was he saying or who to? How many times did you see this 'serious slabbering'?

It was shown on tele a few times mate. He was yelling in general, pumping his fists but also he was saying a few things to the Monaghan players.  Not a lip reader so couldn't say whatever's happening but it didn't look to be said in a friendly manner

Same goes for every time the camera panned to McCarron. Consistently being slagged. Why zone in on Tyrone as sole purveyors of sledging? They were all at it.