Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

you know whats sad? fuckwits on here putting 2 and 2 together and gettin 5. any wonder every other county thinks current tyrone fans are a crowd of pukes.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 09, 2018, 12:19:54 AM
you know whats sad? fuckwits on here putting 2 and 2 together and gettin 5. any wonder every other county thinks current tyrone fans are a crowd of pukes.

Forget it. You've been sussed. What a ganch you are!!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 09, 2018, 12:19:54 AM

STG, to be fair that's a worse own goal than Colm Boyle in an AI final!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on August 08, 2018, 10:05:50 PM
Interesting to see what lads think the matchups will be this weekend? Who is your replacement for Meyler (if unavailable). One worrying aspect is how badly cleaned out around the middle we were in HP. Do we bring a bigger man in there to try and stifle the Monagahn kickout? I am also of the belief that Beggan can be got at. He has had a fantastic year, however I think he is flaky. Both his shot stopping and comfort under the high ball are average IMO.

I think McGeary will have to come in for Meyler, the rumour is that Meyler has broke his leg which is a huge blow to Tyrone and more importantly his club Omagh who will suffer the most!
Tyrone imo will have to get into the faces of Monaghan if they want a certain win as, just like the way Fermanagh did, if you just play football with them then you can expect a great game of football buy they will be more difficult to beat!

TyroneOnlooker

Meyler has chipped a bone in the foot or leg apparently so that'll be him done for the season you'd imagine. Big call as to who replaces him. You could put in McClure around the middle (presumably McClure next in line if McNulty not getting a look in) or alternatively keep in Rory Brennan and push up harte into half forward line. If i was a betting man i think that's what he'll do.
I think it's important to keep mcgeary and lee brennan in reserve, far rather have them coming on for last 20 than mcshane or r donnelly. seems mad to keep your better players on the bench but that's modern football and it's all about game management.

redzone

It's definitely not modern football to keep your best players on the bench, can't think of to many teams that do it. Lee has to start. I think Rory Brennan will pick u Karl O'Connell. If Harte sticks with skeet and richy McKernan could be very unfortunate and miss out

BennyHarp

Quote from: redzone on August 09, 2018, 05:31:08 PM
It's definitely not modern football to keep your best players on the bench, can't think of to many teams that do it. Lee has to start. I think Rory Brennan will pick u Karl O'Connell. If Harte sticks with skeet and richy McKernan could be very unfortunate and miss out

It's not about leaving you best players on the bench. It's about having your best team on the pitch, flying, when the game is in the melting pot. McGeary's all action style may not suit 70 mins, I also think (and could be wrong here) that he's been travelling to uni in England or Scotland so maybe his fitness just isn't at the level of others for the lung bursting role he plays. I know I'd rather have him coming in with 25 mins to go and emptying the tank rather than blowing up after 50mins. With regards, Lee Brennan, he's just coming back from injury, again, can he last 70 mins? Are you prepared to be subbing him after 55mins with the game there to be won? I just don't think bringing Skeet, McShane or Ritchie D will give us the same boost but they are steady players to ensure the game is tight if started. It's a tough call for the management but it's not as simple as just picking your best 15 to start and leave them there for 70 mins. Mickey may have stumbled on this tactic rather then by design but if we know we can push on in the final 20 rather than fading then I think that's a great bonus.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on August 09, 2018, 01:25:03 PM
Meyler has chipped a bone in the foot or leg apparently so that'll be him done for the season you'd imagine. Big call as to who replaces him. You could put in McClure around the middle (presumably McClure next in line if McNulty not getting a look in) or alternatively keep in Rory Brennan and push up harte into half forward line. If i was a betting man i think that's what he'll do.
I think it's important to keep mcgeary and lee brennan in reserve, far rather have them coming on for last 20 than mcshane or r donnelly. seems mad to keep your better players on the bench but that's modern football and it's all about game management.
Would like to see Brennan in from the start purely for frees, don't think he is as much an "impact" player as McGeary

redzone

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2018, 06:55:22 PM
Quote from: redzone on August 09, 2018, 05:31:08 PM

It's not about leaving you best players on the bench. It's about having your best team on the pitch, flying, when the game is in the melting pot. McGeary's all action style may not suit 70 mins, I also think (and could be wrong here) that he's been travelling to uni in England or Scotland so maybe his fitness just isn't at the level of others for the lung bursting role he plays. I know I'd rather have him coming in with 25 mins to go and emptying the tank rather than blowing up after 50mins. With regards, Lee Brennan, he's just coming back from injury, again, can he last 70 mins? Are you prepared to be subbing him after 55mins with the game there to be won? I just don't think bringing Skeet, McShane or Ritchie D will give us the same boost but they are steady players to ensure the game is tight if started. It's a tough call for the management but it's not as simple as just picking your best 15 to start and leave them there for 70 mins. Mickey may have stumbled on this tactic rather then by design but if we know we can push on in the final 20 rather than fading then I think that's a great bonus.
Hard to know what to do that's for sure. If he made the subs at half time then maybe I'd have more belief in what he's doing. If donegal had of got a goal after half time I'd say they would have been damn hard to pull back. There is definitely 70 mins in mcgeary and Brennan. We have one foot in the final (so have Monaghan) and we need to attack the game from the start.

inroundthesquare

1. Niall Morgan
2. Michael McKernan
3. Ronan McNamee
4. Rory Brennan
5. Tiernan McCann
6. Frank Burns
7. Peter Harte
8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Padraig Hampsey
10. Mattie Donnelly
11. Niall Sludden
12. Cathal McShane
13. Mark Bradley
14. Richie Donnelly
15. Conor McAliskey

Thebigdog

Team as expected and rightly so. Conor McCalliskey and Peter Harte have to step it up from last week these two are the more experienced two along with the others who are do ing their bit Donnelly, Cavanagh, McCann, McNamee. I don't think some of these Monaghan players will have experienced or be ready for the intensity that an All Ireland semi final brings. Tyrone by 6-8 points. Come on!

redzone

At least this time we know o Connell won't be left free unlike omagh, so if we can stop him and McManus then that's the danger. Mcanespie caused us a lot of bother as well but whether he can be man marked trains to be seen

RedHand88

Quote from: redzone on August 10, 2018, 06:45:51 AM
At least this time we know o Connell won't be left free unlike omagh, so if we can stop him and McManus then that's the danger. Mcanespie caused us a lot of bother as well but whether he can be man marked trains to be seen

O Connell got a free reign the last day because we were too focused on you know who. That won't happen this time.

chieftain

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 10, 2018, 06:26:53 AM
Team as expected and rightly so. Conor McCalliskey and Peter Harte have to step it up from last week these two are the more experienced two along with the others who are do ing their bit Donnelly, Cavanagh, McCann, McNamee. I don't think some of these Monaghan players will have experienced or be ready for the intensity that an All Ireland semi final brings. Tyrone by 6-8 points. Come on!

This goes against your "come on the royalers" post earlier in the season southtyronegael. You jumped back on the bandwagon??

Meyler a big loss, wasnt getting much on the score sheet but his workrate and ball carrying ability will be missed, however a big opportunity for another man to get in there from the off and bring the game to monaghan. Weathers looking like rain, i wud keep richy donnelly in there and try a few long balls in, monaghan suspect under them.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 10, 2018, 06:26:53 AM

Lol. SouthtyroneGael trying to claw back some respectability with a proper post after making a tit if himself. Funniest thing I have come across on this board