Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aghdavoyle

Poor effort all round from dromintee tonight. hope to jaysus it'll be a bit better next week or it'll be an early summer finish

brokencrossbar1

I had the pleasure of watching my first live game since the 2007 AI Final tonite and I went in hoping for an enjoyable game.  I watched the most one sided game I have ever seen and I must say I would be fearful for Dromintee if this is the quality of players they have coming through.  Dromintee were missing a good number of starters, the O'Rourke's, Eddie Martin, the O'Neill's Benny McArdle and Philly McEvoy.  It was a fairly depleted side.  To put the Cross performance in perspective though we were missing Paul Hearty, John Mac, Francie, Titch McKenna, Tony, Aaron and Stephn Kernan, Skinny McKeown and Jamie Clarke.  This was as complete a performance as I have seen and some of the younger players have convinced me again that they will dominate for a number of years to come.  Frannie Hanratty was excellent ,scoring 1-3 I think from midfield, Fish Aherne worked Dooher like all over the field, Johhny Hanratty showed that at last they have a full forward who can win his own ball and score :P, Kyle Carragher with a bit of composure will be as goodd a corner forward as there is in Armagh and this does not account for the likes of Caolan Short or Danny O'Callaghan.  They may not be household names but they are real Cross players, tough brave and know what to do simply.

I may be around to see the game next week against Tir nanOg so it will be interesting to see what they are like in championship.

IVEDECIDED

Does the result at Davitt park put Killeavy down then??

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 08, 2009, 10:17:57 AM
Does the result at Davitt park put Killeavy down then??

No saan. If we loose our last two matches and Killeavy win their last game it could be a play off, obviously Mullaghbawn come into it too. They are two points behins clans and on the same points as Killeavy with two games to go...so interesting few weeks ahead
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

Mullaghbawn have dromintee and culloville left so winable games for them, Clans have st.pats at home and cruppen away, winable games for them who does killeavy play in their last game??

qub la la la

It has no bearing on Cruppen's season but could be key for Culloville and Killeavy. Cruppen won last night by a point but somewhere a long the line the referee missed a score and awarded a draw 1 - 9 to 2 - 6. scoreline was actually 1-10 to 2-6. Cruppen, the crowd, the scoreboard, people from other clubs and prob even Mullaghbawn (though they'll never admit it now - and why would they!), and the umpires knew the score. One clown in the middle couldnt count and that could be key in who stays up or goes down. Like I said, Cruppen already safe and it didnt matter but the point is if this had been two points we needed there would have been big implications. The referee was clearly not up to it and is def not div 1 standard. The county board need to look at ensuring that the referees asigned to games are at least able to count and are up the the challenge of refing at the level they are asigned to.

In any case we were shocking in the second half. That must be the biggest win for cross this year - didnt see it coming against Dromintee.

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 08, 2009, 10:32:18 AM
Mullaghbawn have dromintee and culloville left so winable games for them, Clans have st.pats at home and cruppen away, winable games for them who does killeavy play in their last game??

Sarsfields saan i think Sarsfields are at home but not 100%
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qub la la la

Crossmaglen     17   17   0     0   34 (Champions)
Pearse Og        17     9   2     6   20
Carrickcruppen  17     7   3     7   17
Dromintee        17     8   0     9   16
St Patrick's       16     7   1     8   15
Sarsfields          16     7   1     8   15
Clan na Gael      16     6   2     8   14
Killeavy             17     5   2    10  12
Mullaghbawn     16     5   2    9    12
Culloville            15     4   1   10    9

But if ref had been correct last night Mullaghbawn would be on 11 and Cruppen on 18.

yellowcard

Does anyone know the next round of fixtures? Whether or not teams advance in the championship could have a big impact on who gets relegated now. If teams that are already safe get knocked out this weekend then their seasons are practically over.

crossfire

Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 10:08:20 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 07, 2009, 10:01:49 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 09:21:36 PM
Quote from: 689908 on August 07, 2009, 09:16:53 PM
What's your club?
Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 08:58:00 PM
Crossmaglen bate us oput the door, think there was 30 or 35 in it at the end.

Dromintee.

Final score: Cross 6-20 Drominte 0-05

Unbelievable scoreline. Can this scoreline to be taken at face value or had Dromintee a ladies team out?

We had a few young lads out alright, but i'm sure Cross did too.

Big gap at the moment.

Side will be taking Granemore incredibly serious and an upset is possible.

While Cross were short 5 or 6, this was almost a Dromintee B team. Some of the Dromintee lads are not even on their senior panel. The only recognizable face was Barry Shannon, so i am sure that any Granemore men in attendance at the game will not be fooled by this charade. ???

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on August 08, 2009, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 08, 2009, 10:32:18 AM

Sarsfields saan i think Sarsfields are at home but not 100%
Highmoss away. In any case I have a suspicion that dromintee will again field a weakened side when they play Mullabawn to make life difficult for their friends in killeavy.
I think Clans need 1pt from their last two games to stay up. If Cullaville win their last 3 games they stay up. Mullabawn need a win and a draw from their last two games to stay up. Killeavy need to win their remaining game to have any chance and may need to rely on other results to go their way, namely Clans to lose both their remaining matches and for Mullabawn to lose at least once to force a play off. Any two of the mentioned teams can still go down  :o

Candyman

Quote from: qub la la la on August 08, 2009, 10:53:39 AM
It has no bearing on Cruppen's season but could be key for Culloville and Killeavy. Cruppen won last night by a point but somewhere a long the line the referee missed a score and awarded a draw 1 - 9 to 2 - 6. scoreline was actually 1-10 to 2-6. Cruppen, the crowd, the scoreboard, people from other clubs and prob even Mullaghbawn (though they'll never admit it now - and why would they!), and the umpires knew the score. One clown in the middle couldnt count and that could be key in who stays up or goes down. Like I said, Cruppen already safe and it didnt matter but the point is if this had been two points we needed there would have been big implications. The referee was clearly not up to it and is def not div 1 standard. The county board need to look at ensuring that the referees asigned to games are at least able to count and are up the the challenge of refing at the level they are asigned to.

In any case we were shocking in the second half. That must be the biggest win for cross this year - didnt see it coming against Dromintee.

Happened Na Clairsigh lastyear against Culloville when EVERYONE knew we had won by a point, it was even broadcast on the local radio station that we'd won!! Ref gave it as a draw and we got relegated. Don't get me wrong that alone didn't put us down but I do think it had a bearing on matters...

Skiddybadoo

[/quote]

Happened Na Clairsigh lastyear against Culloville when EVERYONE knew we had won by a point, it was even broadcast on the local radio station that we'd won!! Ref gave it as a draw and we got relegated. Don't get me wrong that alone didn't put us down but I do think it had a bearing on matters...
[/quote]
But weren't we relegated by a point.  Crucial.  Even an aquired recording of the game at which every score was accounted for did nothing to change the ref's/county board's mind.  But we had some very poor performances last year in games tha were very winable.

Smokin Joe

Keady beat Ballyhegan by 2 in the Intermediate Championship.

Joxer

Cullaville 1-7  Sarsfields 0-2 at Half time

EDIT:  5 Left.  Sarsfields 2-7  Cullaville 1-9