Quick tasty meals

Started by fred the red, August 11, 2009, 02:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 11, 2009, 09:56:11 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on August 11, 2009, 09:47:12 PM
Not the healthiest but quick and OK for a wee treat now and again....sounds boggin to but dont knock it till you've tried it.

Wee knob of butter in a saucepan, whack in a tin of beans, large dollop of brown sauce, two or three slices of freshly cut cooked ham finely chopped and finally a handful of mature grated cheddar. Put it all together in the saucepan.......heat until the cheese is melted, mix well and dump most of it onto a couple of slices of hot buttered nutty crust or if thats not available a soda...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
f**king animals in Down!
Fellas I used to live with in Belfast had some strange ones. Pasta with tuna and salad cream was one and another was a Fray Bentos mince pie cooked in the oven. When it was cooked take the pastry lid off and pour over a tin of beans before putting the lid back on!

I'm partial to an auld chili chicken wrap at the minute with lettuce, chicken, mayo, tomato and some chili sauce. Tasty. In a real hurry a crisp piece.

Jaysus Tony if you think thats bad I used share a house with a boy from Lurgan who ate pizza sandwiches.......a slice of (usually cold from the night before) pizza between two slices of bread......dog :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Puckoon

quick sandwich with roast beef, cheddar, horseradish mayo and jalapenos. Wash her down with a 7up and burp all afternoon.

Gabriel_Hurl

perogies - boil them for 5 minutes - and off ye go

kumquat

Try a cheese and strawberry jam sandwich, does not sound good but is delicious. Seriously try it, u will be pleasantly surprised.
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

qub la la la

used to be partial to tin of tomato soup and mix in a tin of tuna. great stuff. a friend of mine and myself, while students, used to mix the oul irish potato and the country vegetable soup mixes together and make that with a bita bread. it was great.

ziggysego

How rice pudding and a bit of ice cream in it is also nice.
Testing Accessibility

Never beat the deeler

Soda bread with a chunk of cheddar and honey.... Delish
Hasta la victoria siempre

fred the red

Another 1 for you to try.

A baked potato with Cesear salad, grated cheese, rosemary and red onion. ( with a sprinkle of vinegarette)

very tasty indeed.

Ellie84

Definitely has to be a banana sandwich (with a bit of sugar sprinkled on the banana)

havn't had one in ages mind. must sort that out

SidelineKick

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 12, 2009, 12:42:57 AM
Soda bread with a chunk of cheddar and honey.... Delish

Please don't say delish.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Mr. Nakata

I think "delish" is acceptable if said as a piss take.

under the bar

QuoteThat reminds me of me brother he used to eat that and drink iron bru - yuk

It's a Loughshore Delicacy.

It's definately most popular in areas of high-density inbreds like Kilkeel.   I wonder is a study has ever been commissioned?

Canalman

Baked beans on toast or Banana sandwiches will do me.

Bowl of Corn Flakes also does the job.

under the bar

Toasted Veda with peanut butter,  banana & branston.  Never thought I;d like it was recommended by the maitre d' in  a Michelin star restaurant.

johnneycool

Anyone tried the strawberries and balsamic vinegar, supposed to be lovely but can't say I've tried it?