Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: naka on August 13, 2009, 10:45:13 AM
rumour  and orchardcounty has it that 5 manselection panal is as follows
independent chair---Dr Eugene Young
ex-county player--Paul Mc Grane
Club Rep--- Gerard Davidson ( I think he is an og`s man)
county chair/secretary

nominations in by 28 August
clubs to nominate candidates and candidates must countersign the nomination form

have to say the county board are trying to be fair and open with this pocess

Wasn't he on the committee to pick the last Derry manager - i.e. Cassidy  ????

Hardy

Not following this closely - did I miss it or did McDonnell ever come out with his much hyped, threatened blow-the-lid statement?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2009, 11:02:40 AM
Not following this closely - did I miss it or did McDonnell ever come out with his much hyped, threatened blow-the-lid statement?
No, his ambiguity leaves it open to much speculation still though, personally he would have been better saying zip.

under the bar

You'd have thought they'd have found a place for one of the 2 Brians on that selection panel in an effort to draw a line under the scandal and perceived continuing influence of the post-Kernan era.

naka

Quote from: under the bar on August 13, 2009, 02:19:01 PM
You'd have thought they'd have found a place for one of the 2 Brians on that selection panel in an effort to draw a line under the scandal and perceived continuing influence of the post-Kernan era.
might have caused a little difficulty as mc alinden may still be a candidate( no matter what the papers say)

under the bar

QuoteYou'd have thought they'd have found a place for one of the 2 Brians on that selection panel in an effort to draw a line under the scandal and perceived continuing influence of the post-Kernan era.

might have caused a little difficulty as mc alinden may still be a candidate( no matter what the papers say)

No better man (men) for a rebuilding job.  The 2 Brians built the team that JK took all the credit for and then ran into the ground. 

The Iceman

Davidson is an Ogs man alright if its the same one

I'm worried here - seriously worried as the prospects are not great.  It wasn thrown about earlier that we were too apprehensive in outing PMD and it could come back to bite Armagh.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ardmhachaabu

Iceman, it has the potential to split Armagh if it isn't done right this time

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Apple Crumble

McD had a tough qualifier draw had we beaten Monaghan!!

Too much talk.

Neil Smyth is the man!!

mackers

IF Gerard Davidson is on the selection panel then Grimley would virtually be nailed on for the job.............
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

qub la la la

Quote from: Apple Crumble on August 13, 2009, 07:59:38 PM

McD had a tough qualifier draw had we beaten Monaghan!!

Too much talk.

Neil Smyth is the man!!

Clearly a wind up!

under the bar

QuoteIF Gerard Davidson is on the selection panel then Grimley would virtually be nailed on for the job.............

Does anyone know for sure that Grimley has put his name forward?

Goats Do Shave

I don't think he would put his name forward this time, however if he was asked to, that's a different matter...

Would there be anyone against Grimley taking over? - Kernans?

From what I understand... A couple of the senior players have been on the phone to him asking him to take over!

BerfArmagh

listen boys, Grimley & Geezer are on serious mulla down in Kildare. I am not sure Armagh has that kind of readies avaiable. That said big Paul had all his backing etc sorted the last time....

mackers

Interesting piece in the Irish News today, Grimley doesn't want to go through the interview process which is understandable. I think he clearly wants the job but just doesn't want to be shafted like the last time. I know procedures have to be followed but heaven and earth should be moved to make sure he gets it.........the players want him.............the vast majority of the clubs want him...........he wants the job.............go figure!!
If Grimley wants the no 1 job he needs to take it now, the next time the job comes up Geezer will be the top candidate if his star continues to rise with Kildare.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.