Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaa for life

can anyone post an updated league table for div 1?

Hedgehunter

The league tables on the Down website aren't accurate.. Glenn have 13 points and Annaclone have 6.

GreenGiant

Quote from: wobbller on August 17, 2015, 11:26:34 PM
Quote from: GreenGiant on August 17, 2015, 10:40:16 PM
What was the reasoning behind Annaclone not fielding? Not very sportsmanlike for teams in the bottom half
in keeping with their behaviour in the transfer sagas of  4 or 5 years ago.Disgusting......

sorry Wobbller im not familiar with this incident 4 or 5 years ago..can you enlighten me?

GreenGiant

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 18, 2015, 08:04:09 AM
I don't know the reason behind the decision but there's no malice intended to the other teams fighting for Div1 status. In contrast everyone has an opinion now, no one bothered when Ballyholland called game off at 1730, was I not told 'It's none of your business'. So let's see where the real problems lie within this county and the short term memories.

why was the ballyholland game called off last week? In my 'opinion' it was very cowardly of Annaclone to not field last night

downup

And we wonder why we are not doing well at county level - the last few pages of posts should explain that one!!!

Red eye

Quote from: GreenGiant on August 18, 2015, 10:15:45 AM
Quote from: terrifictommy on August 18, 2015, 08:04:09 AM
I don't know the reason behind the decision but there's no malice intended to the other teams fighting for Div1 status. In contrast everyone has an opinion now, no one bothered when Ballyholland called game off at 1730, was I not told 'It's none of your business'. So let's see where the real problems lie within this county and the short term memories.

why was the ballyholland game called off last week? In my 'opinion' it was very cowardly of Annaclone to not field last night

Bottom line is it is in bad taste and disrespectful to the league as well as to other clubs that are affected by this. Had they fielded and lost they would have kept face but this attitude and action is disappointing. Have the County Board anything set up to deal with such issues - no point in deducting points as seems they are resigned to relegation anyway.
Is there a bye law that may say impose a fine?

SamFever

Any word on a new Minor Football Manager being selected?

Hedgehunter

Any news from lastnites Co Board meeting? Plenty of appeals in.

GAAHEAD1960

This fixture/Appeals craic has summed up Down GAA this year, a match replayed on a Monday at 7, couple of championship games at 2 on Saturday, never mind people getting back from work, sure Burren have it anyway probably, no point stressing over the lower half. These replays are also not fair, both times Glenn were beat (my opinion) and now because of this "we all must fight" mentality which has been displayed twice they get a second bite at the cherry and would probably beat both ballyholland and annaclone now going by current form. I'm sure Glenn people will jump to their defence but if the tables had been turned and you's faced relegation i'm sure you'd feel cheated. As for the Glenn facilities they are dreadful and they do effect visiting teams preparation, there are poorer clubs out there who have much better facilities but only the county board can sort that out so it won't be sorted out in reality.

Brick Tamlin

This board has gone to hell.
Serious influx of sh!theads with agendas and personal axes to grind.
Trying to decipher some of the text would make your head hurt too.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: GAAHEAD1960 on August 19, 2015, 11:27:38 AM
This fixture/Appeals craic has summed up Down GAA this year, a match replayed on a Monday at 7, couple of championship games at 2 on Saturday, never mind people getting back from work, sure Burren have it anyway probably, no point stressing over the lower half. These replays are also not fair, both times Glenn were beat (my opinion) and now because of this "we all must fight" mentality which has been displayed twice they get a second bite at the cherry and would probably beat both ballyholland and annaclone now going by current form. I'm sure Glenn people will jump to their defence but if the tables had been turned and you's faced relegation i'm sure you'd feel cheated. As for the Glenn facilities they are dreadful and they do effect visiting teams preparation, there are poorer clubs out there who have much better facilities but only the county board can sort that out so it won't be sorted out in reality.

Top Quality 👍

qubdub

Having a go at a club for having poor facilities. What a f**king snob.

westdowngael

The county board this year have been shown up to be a complete shambles. This whole saga is just proving to show that a complete overhaul is needed if we are to compete in any way at county level

GAAHEAD1960

Quote from: qubdub on August 19, 2015, 11:58:10 AM

LOL thanks for that, not having a go at the poor facilities merely acknowledging more of the posts from earlier. More of having a go at the county board who could maybe step in and help them out with facilities who I know have helped other clubs who pushed for it.

GreenGiant

Quote from: GAAHEAD1960 on August 19, 2015, 12:26:26 PM
Quote from: qubdub on August 19, 2015, 11:58:10 AM

LOL thanks for that, not having a go at the poor facilities merely acknowledging more of the posts from earlier. More of having a go at the county board who could maybe step in and help them out with facilities who I know have helped other clubs who pushed for it.

I have a number of friends associated with Glenn and they will acknowledge the fact the facilities aren't up to scratch. But what can they do about it? They probably have very little money (most likely in debt) and as they are not one of the 'big clubs' will get no help at all from the county board.