The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Minder on July 19, 2011, 10:58:24 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 19, 2011, 10:51:08 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 19, 2011, 05:20:31 PM
Galway Races next week already?

Galway encapsulates almost everything that is wrong with Irish racing.

In what way DH?

I'd refer you to the riding of The Real Article at Limerick Junction on Sunday:

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/?va=TIP_2011_07_17_03_1535&vaff=16

Does he resent the stick or will the rider give him a few cracks if he's still travelling going into the dip in the Galway Hurdle? I wonder....

*btw, I had a small few bob on Captain Cee Bee so I'm not pocket talking here
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 20, 2011, 12:26:21 AM

In what way DH?

Does he resent the stick or will the rider give him a few cracks if he's still travelling going into the dip in the Galway Hurdle? I wonder....

Had few Euro on Captain Cee Bee myself and was sure i was beaten!Was a very handy ride given to real article to say the least!I think i read somewhere that the race could be looked at again,you hear anything Dh or can anything be done,you'd be a lot more knowledgeable than i would?

P.S how do you get specific race links from attheraces copied and pasted all i ever can copy is the videoconsole itself.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on July 20, 2011, 12:34:26 AM

In what way DH?

Had few Euro on Captain Cee Bee myself and was sure i was beaten!Was a very handy ride given to real article to say the least!I think i read somewhere that the race could be looked at again,you hear anything Dh or can anything be done,you'd be a lot more knowledgeable than i would?

P.S how do you get specific race links from attheraces copied and pasted all i ever can copy is the videoconsole itself.

Well he ran a Supreme Novices Hurdle winner to a short head giving him 4lbs under a hands and heels ride and now he'll run off a mark of 127 at Galway! Had he won on Sunday he'd have incurred a penalty. The Turf Club should have banned the horse for sixty days because that ride stank. However, given who he is trained by you can be sure that in the unlikely event of any punishment, it will merely be the token slap on the wrists (i.e. make it look less obvious next time)!

I've experience on both sides of the running rail in racing so I feel I am in a decent position to offer a balanced opinion and I'm of the belief that racing in Ireland is slowly going down the tubes. The bookmakers have far too much power. The only way forward IMO would be to adopt the French tote only model but given how powerful the vested interests are (like in every other sector in this country it seems) it will never happen.

Candyman

Sizeable bet put on in my local for the fav at Leicester 6.15...

Candyman

Lecale2

Candyman

Well beaten!! Enough said...

bcarrier

In what way DH?

Brian O Connor tells it like it is ...

http://www.irishracing.com/blog/blog/2011/07/18/the-will-to-act/

bcarrier

I am going to throw a few quid at Nina for top jumps jockey at Galway at 25/1 . There are quite a few races that the professionals dont ride in and Robbie Mac won this last year by mopping up the bumpers for Weld. (Weld has said he has no suitable horses for bumpers this year) . Nina will probably get more rides in the professional races than the other boys/girls.

I suspect the main danger will probably be Paul Townend ( best price) 4/1 . Weld has booked Townend today so it looks like he will be his first choice when not retained by Willie Mullins.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on July 25, 2011, 10:00:13 AM
I am going to throw a few quid at Nina for top jumps jockey at Galway at 25/1 . There are quite a few races that the professionals dont ride in and Robbie Mac won this last year by mopping up the bumpers for Weld. (Weld has said he has no suitable horses for bumpers this year) . Nina will probably get more rides in the professional races than the other boys/girls.

I suspect the main danger will probably be Paul Townend ( best price) 4/1 . Weld has booked Townend today so it looks like he will be his first choice when not retained by Willie Mullins.

Never believe a word DK says. He's one of the shrewdest hoors ever to train a horse.

Stevie g 8

any tips for galway this week

Hardy

Donnellys Hollow

The Turf Club has cancelled the inquiry into the running of The Real Article at Limerick Junction and the horse is free to run in the Galway Hurdle off his mark of 127: http://www.turfclub.ie/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=697&Itemid=61

RIP Irish racing......

illdecide

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 25, 2011, 08:01:13 PM
The Turf Club has cancelled the inquiry into the running of The Real Article at Limerick Junction and the horse is free to run in the Galway Hurdle off his mark of 127: http://www.turfclub.ie/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=697&Itemid=61

RIP Irish racing......

Sitting at 3/1 with PP at the min
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: illdecide on July 26, 2011, 12:14:53 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 25, 2011, 08:01:13 PM

RIP Irish racing......

Sitting at 3/1 with PP at the min

If this horse wins any little faith I might have had in the integrity of Irish racing will be gone out the window. I hope he gets stuffed out the gate but if the handicapper has it right then 3/1 is probably still a good value bet. I can't bring myself to back him at any price though because this whole affair stinks to high heaven.