The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Very curious ride on Frankel. I don't know why he kicked when he did. I know he did it in the Royal Lodge but he was running against much inferior opponents that day. If he'd have held onto him a bit longer and tried to get a lead into the straight he would have won going away.

There are rumours doing the rounds that Cecil hasn't been best pleased with Queally recently. He had a face like thunder after the Coronation Cup at Epsom. Queally has always been a spikey enough character. He had a big falling out with Pat Flynn about ten years ago if I remember correctly.

I would fancy Canford Cliffs to beat Frankel if they met on quick ground. However, I probably won't have a bet if they meet at Goodwood. Goodwood is a slightly peculiar track and front runners can often get away and not be pegged back down the straight there. It would probably suit Frankel's style of running more than Ascot which has a stiffish uphill finish.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 13, 2011, 04:42:29 PM
Tomorrow is simple. Have every cent in your account on Frankel. 1/3 is Christmas coming early. Avoid the other races. Canford Cliffs v Goldikova is simply too tough to call while both the Coventry and the Kings Stand are minefields. Too much is dependent on the draw in both those races.

Wednesday looks to have more punting opportunities overall. I'll be backing Fury e/w in the Jersey and Lolly For Dolly e/w in the Windsor Forest.

Keep an eye out for Bolger's 2yos in the other races. He looks to have a decent enough crop so far this season Also Await The Dawn should bolt up in the Hardwicke on Saturday. Only one firm betting on it at the moment but 11/10 looks reasonable.

Bolger's got a 2 year old filly going tomorrow in the 5 o'clock caled Somasach and is a tasty looking 14/1,just watched the replay of her 1 race and she didn't set the world alight but looked to have a good attitude to hold on,do you know anything about her Dh?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on June 14, 2011, 11:06:37 PM
Tomorrow is simple. Have every cent in your account on Frankel. 1/3 is Christmas coming early. Avoid the other races. Canford Cliffs v Goldikova is simply too tough to call while both the Coventry and the Kings Stand are minefields. Too much is dependent on the draw in both those races.

Wednesday looks to have more punting opportunities overall. I'll be backing Fury e/w in the Jersey and Lolly For Dolly e/w in the Windsor Forest.

Keep an eye out for Bolger's 2yos in the other races. He looks to have a decent enough crop so far this season Also Await The Dawn should bolt up in the Hardwicke on Saturday. Only one firm betting on it at the moment but 11/10 looks reasonable.

Bolger's got a 2 year old filly going tomorrow in the 5 o'clock caled Somasach and is a tasty looking 14/1,just watched the replay of her 1 race and she didn't set the world alight but looked to have a good attitude to hold on,do you know anything about her Dh?

I don't have access to the RP at the moment but I think that's the Johannesburg filly that Bolger bred himself? If so, he's probably trying to nick a bit of black type with her. She won from a desperate draw down at Limerick Junction so I'd still keep an eye on Betfair all the same. Meehan's filly that beat the horse that won the last today sets a high standard.

I was more thinking of Teolane when I posted that comment. Really taken with the way she won at Naas last week.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 14, 2011, 11:22:43 PM
Quote from: beer baron on June 14, 2011, 11:06:37 PM

I don't have access to the RP at the moment but I think that's the Johannesburg filly that Bolger bred himself? If so, he's probably trying to nick a bit of black type with her. She won from a desperate draw down at Limerick Junction so I'd still keep an eye on Betfair all the same. Meehan's filly that beat the horse that won the last today sets a high standard.

I was more thinking of Teolane when I posted that comment. Really taken with the way she won at Naas last week.

Yeah thats the one,i'll heed the market,if i have any more days like today this week i'l be happy enough!

Radda bout yeee

Keep an eye out for Bolger's 2yos in the other races. He looks to have a decent enough crop so far this season. Also Await The Dawn should bolt up in the Hardwicke on Saturday. Only one firm betting on it at the moment but 11/10 looks reasonable.

Fury - NR -  :-[

Candyman

Fury a NR Mr Hollow? What do we do now?  ;)

SLIGONIAN

Thanks again DH for lolly for dolly, you must be rich man..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Joxer

Lolly for Dolly £15 E/W @ 14's this morning!   ;D

Brick Tamlin

Nice one DH, Lolly for Dolly wins, had it at 12-1.
Part of my lucky 63, cheers.

Mickey Linden

Take a bow son take a bow :D

Was in bookies yesterday in Lurgan and the whole talk was of what Donnelly would be backing. Honest to God!

And its hardly a bit of wonder!

Cheers man. Ill be reading ur posts with interest(as always over next few days)

Candyman

Got the first up too after the selection was a NR!! :-D

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Candyman on June 15, 2011, 03:19:23 PM
Got the first up too after the selection was a NR!! :-D

DH good man yourself! lolly for dolly has went down a treat!!!! LEG END!!!!

randomtask

over the last few weeks there has been a pile of winners, keep it up lads especially DH you legend!

attheraces

Some run by Rewilding, I thought So You Think would have destroyed the field after the turn, showed a devestating turn of foot and looked like he was eating up the ground, but there was nothing left in the last furlong. That was some run, I think they just said Rewilding broke the track record.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.