The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pebble-dasher

anyone any thoughts on oneeighthofamile running in the 8.50 limerick,

word for it from lads in australia, its favourite round 9/4

drici

Quote from: beer baron on June 11, 2011, 02:39:42 PM

Marvada 6.50 at Limerick worth a small nibble e/w,backed it last time out over 7 furlongs in a weaker race and he did all his best work at the end to get up on the line,the step up could bring about improvement and Dusty Foley's riding again and he's in good form having picked up a double yesterday. He's about 9/1 and i reckon thats a pretty good price for an each way play!

WooHoo!
Maith thú!

boojangles

Gonna have to start paying more attention to the Beer Baron.The one Saturday I wouldn't be backing a few.  Fair play boss. Great tipping.

Armaghgael

Quote from: pebble-dasher on June 11, 2011, 04:33:26 PM
anyone any thoughts on oneeighthofamile running in the 8.50 limerick,

word for it from lads in australia, its favourite round 9/4

The small field didnt help us punters
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

beer baron

Quote from: drici on June 11, 2011, 06:56:31 PM
Quote from: beer baron on June 11, 2011, 02:39:42 PM

Marvada 6.50 at Limerick worth a small nibble e/w,backed it last time out over 7 furlongs in a weaker race and he did all his best work at the end to get up on the line,the step up could bring about improvement and Dusty Foley's riding again and he's in good form having picked up a double yesterday. He's about 9/1 and i reckon thats a pretty good price for an each way play!

WooHoo!

Just back from football and watched the replay there-dunno how he managed to get up  :o Happy days,few extra pints of stout after the game tomorrow!  ;D
Maith thú!

Candyman

DH... The whole board are waiting on ur fancies to lift a few quid!!! Do hurry up good Sir... ;-)

Donnellys Hollow

Tomorrow is simple. Have every cent in your account on Frankel. 1/3 is Christmas coming early. Avoid the other races. Canford Cliffs v Goldikova is simply too tough to call while both the Coventry and the Kings Stand are minefields. Too much is dependent on the draw in both those races.

Wednesday looks to have more punting opportunities overall. I'll be backing Fury e/w in the Jersey and Lolly For Dolly e/w in the Windsor Forest.

Keep an eye out for Bolger's 2yos in the other races. He looks to have a decent enough crop so far this season. Also Await The Dawn should bolt up in the Hardwicke on Saturday. Only one firm betting on it at the moment but 11/10 looks reasonable.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

illdecide

Hope you're right DH, i've just emptied the account on Frankel :o BTW Paddypower have it at 2/5
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

boojangles

winsamsoon

Frankel and shumoos double for me lads and that will be all the punting
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

For those who marvel at sprinter Usain Bolt's 100m world record of 9.58 seconds, consider that Frankel was an average of more than three seconds quicker over that distance. And he did it over 16 times the trip. And he wasn't even at full stretch

Enough said lads

T O Hare

I had a ten pound  straight forecast on the 1/2 at  the first at Ascot .. Does anyone know what i would collect???
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

winsamsoon

Go to the sportinglife webpage and it will tell u what it pays

Hardy

Straight Forecast, Canford Cliffs, Goldikova: 3.18.

Muzz

Quote from: illdecide on June 13, 2011, 05:41:12 PM
Hope you're right DH, i've just emptied the account on Frankel :o BTW Paddypower have it at 2/5

4/11 now