The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the greatest jockey

interested in your veiws dh for the powers gold cup on sunday, very interested in thegreatjohnbrowne. his form beofre christmas was top class beating tharwaaat and bosons angel with ease yet noel meade says he needs soft ground. but on looking at his form his best runs to me seem to have come on decent ground

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: the greatest jockey on April 19, 2011, 08:19:16 PM
interested in your veiws dh for the powers gold cup on sunday, very interested in thegreatjohnbrowne. his form beofre christmas was top class beating tharwaaat and bosons angel with ease yet noel meade says he needs soft ground. but on looking at his form his best runs to me seem to have come on decent ground

Very interested in his chances too. I had a big bet on him at Leopardstown and he travelled into the straight like the best horse in the race. To my eyes, Paul probably committed for home too soon and he didn't stay in bottomless ground. He's probably better suited to going right-handed and the step back in trip is another plus.

The ground is something of an unknown. He had breathing issues last year so I'd write off his run at last year's Punchestown Festival. His half-sister Beeverstown Lady won two p2ps on decent ground. Most Beneficials appreciate a bit of cut but they do go on quicker ground - Cooldine, Realt Dubh, Lennon, Sweet Kiln etc.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Any word who the 5 jockeys were that have been caught on tape discussing race fixing?I've a good idea who 1 of them are and he's high enough profile(not up with the Moores and Hughes' of this world) but high profile enough,he is top drawer on his day but by god there have been at least half a dozen times in the last 6-8 months where he's obviously not wanted his horse to win,one particular incident happened on the all weather just before Christmas and Chapman on attheraces when emailed about it brushed it under the carpet  ::) Yet Chapman on every chance he gets tells us Horse racing is the best policed sport in the world- what a cowboy!

maddog

Any long term fancies for Irish National ?

bamboo

Heading to Dandown on Sat for the mixed card, committments playing afterwards so should be a good day out in the sun.

Any thoughts on the card from DH or See The Stars? Should have a comp and see which of you can pick the most winners!!

Donnellys Hollow

Not very original but both Nicholls/Walsh horses (Sanctuaire & Tataniano) hold leading claims in the graded hurdle and chase respectively. Dick Turpin should win the Group 2 on the flat. I don't have any strong opinion on the Whitbread. I'm generally useless at reading those staying handicap chases.

Got word for Tony Martin's horse in the 7:05 at Clonmel tonight. Absolutely wretched race but I might have a small e/w interest.

Up The Middle

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

beer baron

Quote from: Up The Middle on April 21, 2011, 03:43:25 PM
whats it called DH?

Somatic's Martins only runner in the race so presume thats the 1?

Donnellys Hollow

That's the one. Wouldn't go mad on it. Knowing Martin, it could run like an absolute drain.

Great news that Peter Toole is finally out of intensive care.

Up The Middle

Will give it a shot anyway
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Donnellys Hollow

Fcukin NRs.

15 runner handicap - typical!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 21, 2011, 04:52:36 PM
That's the one. Wouldn't go mad on it. Knowing Martin, it could run like an absolute drain.

Great news that Peter Toole is finally out of intensive care.

f**k sake if one less horse had come out we'd have had the place money. In any event, those worries pale in significance to those of the Toole family. Great to hear he's improving.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 21, 2011, 07:23:29 PM
Fcukin NRs.

15 runner handicap - typical!

Awh its so typical,soon as i put it on i turned round and goes to one of the lads he's a cert for 4th  ::)

Hardy

Stats selections for the Irish National:

Golden Kite 33/1 (Betfair prices not available at present).
Caim Hill 25/1
Saddler's Storm 20/1
Some Target 10/1

Hardy

Stats selections for the Bet365 Gold Cup today (Sandown 3:10):

Poker De Sivola (Strongest) 10/1 (13 Betfair)
Can't Buy Time 14/1 (18.5)
Iris De Balme 66/1 (110)