The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Willie Mullins was strangely bearish about Quevega this evening on the wireless. You could read between the lines that he's leppin out of his skin with delight at having (almost, at this stage) got Hurricane Fly to the gate at Cheltenham and I think he thinks it's a winner. (I certainly do - my absolute banker for the week).

But, while not negative about Quevega, you got a sense of reservation. She's in good nick, he said, if not quite at the level of last year. "But she's strong". Not exactly a banker-type endorsement. I'm still backing her, though.

Don Johnson

Menorah and Quevega for me tomorrow though.

But if Menorah has to be beat I really hope it is the Fly who does it.

Finians for the Arkle.

BennyHarp

For whats its worth ive done a £1 ew lucky 15 for the first four races, Recession proof 8/1, Captain Chris 8/1, Caroles Legacy 14/1 and Menorah 4/1. Pays a handsome £9,862 if they all win - but i'll not spend the money just yet.
That was never a square ball!!

sammymaguire

My guesses well studied picks will be;

Dunraven Storm 20/1
Finian's rainbow 4/1
Sunnyhillboy 6/1
Dunguib 8/1
Garde champetre  9/2
Quevega 1/1
Swing Bill 14/1

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bigfrank

for what its worth :P

champion Hurde
Peddlers Cross..

My NAP of the day... 
Unbeaten in all of his starts.
Is a c/d winner, won here last March
All his wins been on softish ground..
Has won 4 class 1, Could be a future Gold cup winner

13.30 CHELTENHAM - SPIRIT SON 5/1 NB (Paddy Power)

The selection is a 5 year old bay Gelding out of the Nicky Henderson. Spirit Son has only had the 2 runs to date but he has been mightily impressive in both starts. His latest start was at Exeter in a mud-fest where he trounced a useful performer in Cedre Bleu by 21 lengths, that was a trot. That rival had already beaten Titan De Sarti who is a well regarded Nicky Henderson in-mate who is being aimed at the Fred Winter Handicap on Wednesday, he is also near the head of the market at a price of 8/1. That form looks rock solid and we can only expect a bundle of improvement from Spirit Son.

thewobbler

Magens Star or Zaidpour
Finian's rainbow
Blazing Bailey or Carole's Legacy
The Fly (NAP)
Garde Champetre
Quevaga
American Trilogy or Quantativeeasing

I'm all ready for an even worse festival than last year.

winsamsoon

Going for

Al Ferof
Ghizao
Rare Bob e/w
Oscar Whiskey e/w plus Menorah straight
Oscar bay e/w
La Vecchio scuola e/w
Tullamore Dew

Plus a money making brick wall of Chelsea, Man United and Real Madrid at 17/10 to boost the betting pot for thursday ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Candyman

My selections:

E/W Lucky 15

Spirit Son @ 5/1
Captain Chris @ 8/1
Hurricane Fly @ 4/1
Divers @ 8/1

E/W Double:

Sunnyhillboy @ 6/1
Dunguib @ 15/2

Double:

Cue Card
Quevega

Not a mad amount of Queens head put on any of the bets but covers quite a lot and gives a bit of interest...  ;D

TacadoirArdMhacha

I've Zaidpour e/w, Hurricane Fly with my biggest bet ever and Quevega already done. Might do a small treble or quad on the other races tomorrow.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

On the Fringe seems to have a huge chance ?

Louth Exile

Cheltenham Yankee with Boylesports - Gtd Prices
1.30 Al Ferof 9/1
3.20 Menoarah 7/2
4.00 One Cool Cookie 18/1
4.40 Quevega 10/11
Stake €11 - Potential Return €1.8k
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

I have the Fly from way back, but if you're planning to back him, a good piece of advice was given on Setanta's preview tonight - wait until he goes to post. He can be excitable and he hasn't experienced anything like Cheltenham before, so if he's fizzed up you might want to reconsider.

Also, if you're having a bet in the Supreme Novices', Paddy Power is giving money back if Cue Card wins, so it's a free bet without Cue Card if you don't fancy him (which I don't - stats are stacked against him).

Hardy

Gibb River e.w.
Finian's Rainbow
2:40 - keeping the hands in the pockets
Hurricane Fly
L'Ami
Quevega
5:15 - see 2:40

Mickey Linden

Does anyone have link to live stream of racing uk? I know someone posted the link last year. I waslooking for it but couldnt find it.

highorlow

Cue Card,
Medermit,
Bensalem,
Hurricane Fly,
Freneys Well,
Quevega,
Glenstal Abbey
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go