The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

3.30 Tauton

Got word for this horse...good luck if you play!!

Arrayan 7/2 currently

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Massey-135 on February 10, 2011, 01:32:39 PM
Lads, I do a bit of work for a wee monthly newspaper in Strabane and I'm going to do a piece on Cheltenham. I was wondering do any of yous know of any local connection to any horses/trainers/jockeys going over to this year's festival, or would yous even know how/where I could find that sort of information out. Wouldn't know much about horse racing myself. By local I mean anywhere in the north-west really. The trainer Mervyn Torrens would be fairly local to us but I can't track down a number for him anywhere.

If any of yous could help with any of that or point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated.

Go to the link below and click on Tyrone, Donegal or wherever. That will bring you up a list of trainers in that county and their contact details:

http://www.goracing.ie/HRI/Get-Involved/Trainers-Directory/

I think Hurricane Fly's owners are from somewhere up North? Could be worth trying to get in touch with them. People are only too delighted to talk about a horse they own.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

spiritof91and94

Quote from: bigfrank on February 10, 2011, 03:08:24 PM
3.30 Tauton

Got word for this horse...good luck if you play!!

Arrayan 7/2 currently

Pos. Dr. Dist. Horse Wt Jockey Trainer Age SP
1    Highway Code (USA)  11-8 t  Giles Hawkins (5)  R Lee  5 15/2 
  opened 8/1 
2   3½ Lidar (FR)  11-9  W Hutchinson  A King  6 9/2 
  opened 6/1 
3   ½ Up To The Mark  10-8  Jake Greenall (7)  H D Daly  6 16/1 

4   3¼ First Smash (GER)  10-8 t  Jimmy Derham (3)  M F Harris  6 33/1 

5   8 Credit Swap  11-10  A Coleman  Miss V Williams  6 9/4 f
  opened 5/2 touched 11/4 £1100-£400 (x5) £1000-£400 (x9) 
6   2½ James Pollard (IRE)  10-8 t  Donal Fahy  B J Llewellyn  6 33/1 
  opened 25/1 
7   24 Decoy (FR)  11-12  T Scudamore  D Pipe  5 22/1 
  opened 25/1 
8   5 Shinrock Hill (IRE)  11-6  T J O'Brien  P J Hobbs  7 15/2 
  opened 9/1 
9   3¾ Ajman (IRE)  10-8 t  Paul Moloney  Evan Williams  6 10/1 

Also Ran: Arrayan

bigfrank

did u see the race spirit??? please make sure u do before u comment...fell on the run in after jumping the last clear..rookie jockey...sick :(

Donnellys Hollow

Pandorama back in the Gold Cup picture!  ;D

Quote from: bigfrank on February 10, 2011, 04:20:37 PM
did u see the race spirit??? please make sure u do before u comment...fell on the run in after jumping the last clear..rookie jockey...sick :(

Very unfortunate. Conor O'Farrell is a fine young rider. Just one of those things.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: lolafrola on October 26, 2010, 12:22:30 PM
Quote from: beer baron on October 26, 2010, 11:16:36 AM
Pun 5.15 centennial e/w if you can get an e/w price.Expect the favourite to be the only one that will cause it trouble!

Unless i'm blind but i can't see that horse but i can see this one "Cheltenian" is this the horse you're talking about? 1st time out?

He runs again tomorrow in a bumper at Kempton for Philip Hobbs  :o

Could be the one to get the weekend expenses. I reckon they've probably got Cheltenham in mind for him because it would have been easy to send him novice hurdling. Very interesting.

That O'Grady horse in the bumper at Thurles today looked very useful. Only a 4yo but so was Cue Card last year.

bigfrank

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 10, 2011, 04:50:11 PM
Pandorama back in the Gold Cup picture!  ;D

Quote from: bigfrank on February 10, 2011, 04:20:37 PM

Very unfortunate. Conor O'Farrell is a fine young rider. Just one of those things.

U see the race DH...anywhere it can be watched now?? I couldnt believe it...let me down for a fortune :(

bcarrier

Quote from: Massey-135 on February 10, 2011, 01:32:39 PM
Lads, I do a bit of work for a wee monthly newspaper in Strabane and I'm going to do a piece on Cheltenham. I was wondering do any of yous know of any local connection to any horses/trainers/jockeys going over to this year's festival, or would yous even know how/where I could find that sort of information out. Wouldn't know much about horse racing myself. By local I mean anywhere in the north-west really. The trainer Mervyn Torrens would be fairly local to us but I can't track down a number for him anywhere.

If any of yous could help with any of that or point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated.

The best Nordie angle for a cheltenham story might be the link to Imperial Commander .

A bit of googling got me this bit ..Eyssen Ross, owner of the Mount Top Stud in Glengormley sold the horse to our friends in the north syndicate . Imperial Commander won his point-to-point at Summerhill for Ross before going to NTD, and now he goes back there every year for his summer holiday .

J.B Ross
Mount Top Stud
130 Ballycraigy Road
NEWTOWNABBEY
County Antrim
BT36 4TB

boojangles

Jesus lads some great racing 2mrw and not a peep out of anyone, not even Donnelly??
Anybody travelling to Leopardstown?

Whats the opinions on the Hennessy? Looks a tight affair but I always liked the look of Joncol but he's priced that way.
Will Mikael D' Hagueneut get his jumping right? I think he will and if I get better than evens I'm going big TBH. His last run was too bad to be true.

Alot of talk and money for this French recruit of Hendersons Solix in the Totesport Trophy. Was over 20/1 a while back.
Walkon has been backed into favourite and he's gonna get my Each way money. Will take all the beating IMO. Although I'd be fearful of Willie Mullins sending 2 over.

Donnellys Hollow

Cracking days fare. I've the sofa booked!

My main bets will be on Zaidpour and Star Neuville e/w (Newbury bumper).

The Hennessy looks a poor renewal. Joncol a worthy fav but not a bet at the prices. The juvenile hurdle looks very open - I wouldn't be quick to oppose DK's mare in that. Watching brief for me in the Moriarty - Micky D clearly bounced the last day and will win this if back to his best but Quel Esprit is a serious horse in his own right and I wouldn't be overly surprised if he simply outstays his stablemate. I think the Deloitte is a two horse race between Zaidpour and Hidden Universe - Zaidpour will win if back to his Royal Bond form. Fancy On The Fringe in the hunter chase and Champagne Agent in the bumper.

The Schweppes at Newbury looks as tough as ever. I wouldn't bet against Katie riding another big handicap winner over in England! Mullins' string are absolutely running out of their skins at the moment. The form figures for his last twenty runners reads as follows: 21411211311211341222. An ex-horse of his, Sports Line, might be worth a chance in the Game Spirit. I'd want to be against both Al Ferof and What A Friend in the other races. Really like the look of the Shark Hanlon's horse in the bumper. He beat Champagne Agent last time out and McCoy is down to ride. He should be a nice e/w price.

Finians Rainbow runs in the Kingmaker at Warwick. I put him up here in November for the Arkle and got some nice prices so I'll be hoping for a clear round tomorrow and a comfortable victory.

Lecale2

The stable fancy Valentine Vic's chances.

The Worker

Fancy Malin Bay in the 4.30 at Ayr

boojangles

Hardy

Joncol is also the obvious stats selection for the Hennessy, but I wouldn't back him at 7/4. I managed to get a free bet on China Rock (8/1 on Bet365, 8.6 to lay on Betfair).

Salden Licht (8/1, 10.5 Betfair) has the best stats profile for the Schweppes (Totesport) Hurdle (as per stats compiled by racecaller.com - thanks again bcarrier for steering me to that site).

Donnellys Hollow

Looks like we finally have a proper juvenile in Ireland. Lovely looking mare. 7/1 for the Triumph looks very fair.