The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: the greatest jockey on September 18, 2010, 02:13:08 PM
pittoni who ran in this years triumph hurdle is running in the last tonight at listowel in an amateur race, drifting in the market at the minute. not sure what to think given the quality of the race, might just be a run out but might still have too much class for the rest

http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=47836

Good old Charles up to his Laetitia tricks again!  :D

Ruby was on fire down at the island today. The ride on Laughing Boy in the maiden hurdle was pure class. Whets the appetite for the winter ahead.  I think we've seen a few decent horses this week - The Real Article, Loosen My Load (fierce impressive) & Ballyhaunis all look like potential graded performers to me.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 18, 2010, 08:40:22 PM

We have to be careful what we say in a public forum, but it was funny when it all went wrong at Fairyhouse and a certain horse won a big race in an "unexpected" manner - or so it's said. I'd find it hard to believe something would be going on with a horse like that in a race like that, but I gather the scenes in the winners enclosure between trainer and jockey were not exactly celebratory.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on September 19, 2010, 01:11:15 PM

We have to be careful what we say in a public forum, but it was funny when it all went wrong at Fairyhouse and a certain horse won a big race in an "unexpected" manner - or so it's said. I'd find it hard to believe something would be going on with a horse like that in a race like that, but I gather the scenes in the winners enclosure between trainer and jockey were not exactly celebratory.

Is it not Punchestown on new year's eve you're thinking of there Hardy?

One of the funniest things I've ever seen on a racecourse. I doubt there was a word uttered on the drive back home that night!

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 19, 2010, 02:16:47 PM

One of the funniest things I've ever seen on a racecourse. I doubt there was a word uttered on the drive back home that night!

That the race where the horse made up about 50 lengths in about 2 furlongs?Had some laugh at that  had backed it and had put my docket in the bin!

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 19, 2010, 02:16:47 PM

That's another one! I was talking about the Ladbroke Hurdle a couple of years ago when Solwhit, last in the fog entering the straight came through to win. It seems to have been a very unexpected win, given how the race was ridden and some unworthy commentators were amused at the outcome and suggested there was a slight misjudgement on the part of Tom Doyle. Of course I must say I don't believe there was anything untoward at all! 

bcarrier

beer baron

Elliot's over in Perth again bound to have a winner or 2 as usual,whether there'll be any kind of prices available is doubtful though!

Donnellys Hollow

Canford Cliffs out of the QEII on Saturday  ::)

Can't understand why Hannon is so against running him in the Breeders Cup Mile. Fair enough he has Paco Boy but they're in different ownerships and I can see Coolmore putting pressure on them to run now that they've secured his stallion rights.

Looking forward to seeing this Frankel on Saturday. He'd want to be winning a race like the Royal Lodge hard held if he's the superstar the English hacks are building him up to be.

Hopefully Casamento will run in the Beresford on Sunday. I'd be very wary of whatever Ballydoyle take him on with. Duggan is convinced we haven't seen Aidan's best 2yo win yet - Longlivetheking or Seville?

bridge fan

Quote from: beer baron on September 22, 2010, 09:50:04 AM
Elliot's over in Perth again bound to have a winner or 2 as usual,whether there'll be any kind of prices available is doubtful though!

Vinnes Friend worth a few quid in the 4-20

Donnellys Hollow

Amazing recovery from Walsh at Fontwell on Pepe Simo. The horse was trying to commit suicide and Walsh still managed to stay on.

Candyman

Fallon at Ponterfract!!!   :o :o

£10 treble would have lifted about 6k!!!!!

Hardy

Quote from: beer baron on September 22, 2010, 09:50:04 AM

2 winners and a place out of 4 runners yesterday, but a slight loss (.22 of a point, 5.5%) to a level stake for win bets at SP and a tiny profit (.14 of a point, 1.7%) for each way bets. Straight place betting on Betfair would have produced a profit of .68 of a point (17%) after commission at Betfair SP.

RealSpiritof98

Steady Eddie O'connell did some damage at Downpatrick yesterday, backed his non-runner early on and he had the cheek to get a free ride in the same race and walk home in front.

Donnellys Hollow

Great weekend's racing in store.

It's a pity Canford Cliffs is out of the QEII because it had the potential to be the flat race of the year. It'll now be a case of Ballydoyle trying to set a lightening pace to get the French horse beat. The world and it's mother has been waiting for Rip Van Winkle to come right this year, and I for one, have ran out of patience.

The two 2yo races look weak enough contests with one horse standing out in each. Frankel has a piss easy task in the Royal Lodge and Casamento should win the Beresford at the Curragh on Sunday as he likes.

Long Live The King, who was in the Beresford until this morning should break his maiden at Gowran Park tomorrow. The following maiden could potentially be very informative with Ballydoyle, DK Weld, Mick Halford & Kevin Prendergast all running well bred newcomers.

The horse I'm most looking forward to seeing this weekend is First Lieutenant who runs in the first at Navan tomorrow. This horse won a p2p at Kilfeacle last January before absolutely hosing up in a bumper at Gowran. Michael O'Leary paid over a quarter of a million for him at the Derby Sale in 2008 and put him into training with Mouse Morris. It's a hot little contest with Drumfire and Pointilliste, both of whom were well above average on the flat, and a bumper winner of Tom Mullins' in opposition. If First Lieutenant is as good as I think he might be and he's anyway reved up he should beat them though. Araucaria and Sweeps Hill two other names to look out for on the Navan card from the John Kiely yard.

bcarrier

Proper National Hunt fare at Navan tomorrow alright. Venalmar and Nicanor on the card too. What they might have been .