The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamboo

Edged home at 14/1, good call Sammy. Absolute downpour before and during the race.

Had £10 e/w but decided to keep £10 for an accumulator later on and changed to £5 e/w.

Still, gets me a few bob for the holiday fund.

Donnellys Hollow

Great maiden hurdle for this time of year at Listowel tomorrow. Far Away So Close was a very creditable ninth, beaten only thirteen lengths by Menorah in the Supreme Novices Hurdle. In any ordinary maiden at this time of year he'd be odds on but he faces The Real Article tomorrow who could well live up to his name this season. For me he was one of the top five bumper horses we've seen in Ireland in 2010 and will be a warm order for his debut over timber tomorrow. I'll be having my biggest bet on the NH since the Punchestown Festival.

Watching brief on the market for the bumper. Tommy Cooper's horse is a half-brother to Total Enjoyment who landed a massive touch when she won the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham for the same trainer in 2004. I'd write off his run at Galway where he was way too keen. The extra two furlongs here should suit.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 14, 2010, 04:07:36 PM
not a tip, but a really decent looking e/w bet in the 4.40 at Yarmouth Magical Speedfit at 16/1

short head  ;D  ;D  ;) top work by the jockey to get that one home in front  :-* hopefully a few others spotted it
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

boojangles

Going for Mc Coy on Dancing Tornado today. AP has been very lucky for me this year, hopefully it continues today. Pricewise tipped him up also.

5/4 on The Real Article looks too short for me.

lolafrola

The Real Article wins at 6/4.
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Donnellys Hollow

Should have been 1/4 Booj.

He's won that a lot cosier than the bare form will suggest. He'll be a serious player in the big novice hurdles this winter. The prospect of him taking on First Lieutenant is mouth-watering.

As for the National, I thought Alpha Beat was harshly enough treated by the handicapper! Charles Byrnes is some operator - this horse has gone up 45lbs since the 13 June and he's still ahead of the handicapper. Still a novice so the 4 miler at Cheltenham is the target. He's rated a few stone lower over hurdles so there'll be a few spins over timber for him now I suspect.

Donnellys Hollow

bcarrier

A canny ride by Geraghty in Kerry National.

Joxer

Listowel 5.30. Coolvanney Gaffer

Ayr 5.50 Pertemps Network

2 £10 singles and £10 double

Donnellys Hollow

Poor old Davy Russell has had a day of it - fails a breath test despite being sober for 15 years and then ends up in the General in Tralee after a horrific fall.

Some ride by Barry Connell in the last!  :o

sammymaguire

High Vintage - 3.25pm LISTOWEL good each way shot  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

beer baron

Hoping Stephens green wins me back some of the money i lost on him last time!Running listowel 4.00,take a price if backing,id say it wont be 3/1 come the off!

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on September 17, 2010, 12:51:35 PM
Hoping Stephens green wins me back some of the money i lost on him last time!Running listowel 4.00,take a price if backing,id say it wont be 3/1 come the off!

Just came on to let ya know it was running. Remember you had tipped it up before. Money on it this morning and Gary O Brien has tipped it too. as low as 9-4 with some.

beer baron

Pig of a yoke-thats me finished with him!

the greatest jockey

pittoni who ran in this years triumph hurdle is running in the last tonight at listowel in an amateur race, drifting in the market at the minute. not sure what to think given the quality of the race, might just be a run out but might still have too much class for the rest