The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

JohnD - I don't see any horses in those pictures and I don't see any union jacks at Cheltenham (though I won't be surprised if they stock up on them today for retaliation when Big Buck's comes home). If it was only the US waving flags at the Olympics and no other competitor nation, what would we be saying about the yanks?

Don't get me started on the arseholes in the leprechaun get-ups and Guinness hats and how they're showing pride in their country.

charlieTully

fecking horrendous day yesterday, won 250 on day one and it was wiped out.

Doogie Browser

Yesterday was my best day in a long time, started the ball rolling with the Sivola horse in the first, it was a free day after that.  If you win the first it allows you to be a little braver with your cash too.  Sanctuaire was icing on the cake at 11/2, if the plasterer had won I would have been off work for a week!

RealSpiritof98

Going for

Nicanor
Smoking Aces
Powerstation
A touchbetweenacara

50p ew lucky,  4 wins will send me to spain tonight with a big fcukin smile

Doogie Browser

What a week so far, all nailed on favourites beaten, still going to follow the star tomorrow.
Can get 2/1 for a Big Bucks/Kauto double, decent value?

sammymaguire

Hardy, the flag waving is down to the Ireland v England in the horse racing world, there is no team events in this sport but the Festival is seen as the only time when the creme de la creme from both sides of the water come up against each other head to head and why the numbers of Irish trained winners are recorded, its all a bit of craic
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

winsamsoon

Similar to the Ryder Cup really. Anyway good luck all today. After the first two i think we are all overdue a wee bit of success.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Hardy

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 18, 2010, 11:52:13 AM
Hardy, the flag waving is down to the Ireland v England in the horse racing world, there is no team events in this sport but the Festival is seen as the only time when the creme de la creme from both sides of the water come up against each other head to head and why the numbers of Irish trained winners are recorded, its all a bit of craic

The flag waving by one side only?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Hardy on March 18, 2010, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 18, 2010, 11:52:13 AM

The flag waving by one side only?

IN England - its patriotism in the gg world  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Doogie Browser

Copper Bleu wins the first at 12/1

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 18, 2010, 01:39:00 PM

Matt Chapman's nap of the week The Hollinwell runs horribly.

Did anybody think Copper Bleu took that second horse's ground?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Louth Exile

Quote from: Hardy on March 17, 2010, 10:31:25 PM
It's bad, but it's not that bad. A Wee woman.

What Club?

Quote from: Homer on March 18, 2010, 02:56:06 AM
Quote from: Homer on March 17, 2010, 12:36:05 PM
Going for a 2pts e/w Yankee myself today
Peddlers Cross
Long Run
Big Zeb
Al Ferof
Was roaring the house down for Ruby in the last, but still pays 597.46pts from a 44pt outlay  :)

Well Done

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 18, 2010, 01:41:03 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 18, 2010, 01:39:00 PM
Matt Chapman's nap of the week The Hollinwell runs horribly.
Did anybody think Copper Bleu took that second horse's ground?

Picked for our NAP table, but didn't have a bet in the real world!

He might have taken his ground, but ended up a good 4 lengths clear and the second hores had loads of time to get back at him.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

Quote from: Louth Exile on March 18, 2010, 01:46:04 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 17, 2010, 10:31:25 PM
It's bad, but it's not that bad. A Wee woman.

What Club?

I doubt she was ever inside a club gate before I came along. And not all that much since. Newtown Blues would be the catchment area.

A Quinn Martin Production

Buena Vista leads all the way in the 2:05
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

cookstownblue