The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Today's fun e.w. Lucky 15 - horses that could run into a place. One won yesterday at 33/1 to cover the stake and I like to think two others might have placed if not falling or hampered.

1:30 Pennek 25/1
4:00 Andytown 25/1
4:40 Fin Vin De Leu 25/1
5:15 Bubbly Bruce 66/1

Homer

Going for a 2pts e/w Yankee myself today

Peddlers Cross
Long Run
Big Zeb
Al Ferof

Planning on only sticking to the Grade 1s today but we'll see how we go

Louth Exile

Its going to sound like a cliche (and it is) but, "thats what its all about"

She gave that horse a helluva ride, the brother is strong in the finish and so in nina, but byjaysus she was a monster.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

new devil

Punchestowns & master minded double...this would make my week if this comes in  ;)

Hardy

Quote from: Louth Exile on March 17, 2010, 01:44:26 PM
Its going to sound like a cliche (and it is) but, "thats what its all about"

She gave that horse a helluva ride, the brother is strong in the finish and so in nina, but byjaysus she was a monster.

Yes that was magic.

Katie's brother is Nina's boyfriend. He was shouting for Katie!

Mickey Linden

This is the worst Cheltenham I have ever had. Getting completely cleaned!

new devil

f**king nightmare...thats me finished!! master minded will prob be stuffed too..afraid to touch it  :-\

Mickey Linden

Is the racing post live text commentary down too? Cant get into it.

ludermor

Hardy

Anyone else embarrassed by the flag-waving? Talk about flaunting your inferiority complex and electing your nation as the underdog! Why don't you see the English waving Union Jacks when they win at Cheltenham?

Louth Exile

He was foot perfect, had too many question marks for me, but he ran the race of his life today. Fair play to all involved, nice to see an Irish 1-2
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

turk

Quote from: Hardy on March 17, 2010, 03:32:08 PM
Anyone else embarrassed by the flag-waving? Talk about flaunting your inferiority complex and electing your nation as the underdog! Why don't you see the English waving Union Jacks when they win at Cheltenham?

I'll have to put my hands up Hardy and admit that I don't get it

Hardy

Quote from: turk on March 17, 2010, 04:13:28 PM

The flag waving or what I'm saying?

turk

Quote from: Hardy on March 17, 2010, 04:23:04 PM
Quote from: turk on March 17, 2010, 04:13:28 PM

The flag waving or what I'm saying?

The flag waving!

Hardy

It makes me squirm. When are we going to grow up?