The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treasurer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 15, 2010, 01:56:20 PM
Flying out later this evening. Less than 24 hours now until Dunguib powers up the hill with the rest of the field in his wake! Will Captain Cee Bee jump round? How late will Carberry wait with Go Native? Can Garde Champetre and Quevega retain their crowns? Only one more sleep before we find out. See you in the Guinness Village tomorrow morning.

Happy punting!

You can sleep???!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Punters getting stuck into Get Me Out of Here on Paddy Power on the basis that they'll get the money back if Dunguib wins. Dunguib out to 10/11 if anybody's looking to get late money on this donkey that DH has been talking up for some unknown reason.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 15, 2010, 04:35:34 PM
Punters getting stuck into Get Me Out of Here on Paddy Power on the basis that they'll get the money back if Dunguib wins. Dunguib out to 10/11 if anybody's looking to get late money on this donkey that DH has been talking up for some unknown reason.

I seen that earlier Tac, thats a bold move by PP. If Dunguib wins they'll have to pay out a fortune plus give all the loosers their money back :o
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Homer

Quote from: illdecide on March 15, 2010, 04:43:15 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 15, 2010, 04:35:34 PM

I seen that earlier Tac, thats a bold move by PP. If Dunguib wins they'll have to pay out a fortune plus give all the loosers their money back :o

Joe Punter is ready to do his Cheltenham bets on Tuesday, he knows Paddy Power have a very generous money back offer so he goes down to his local PP shop and places a bet on Get Me Out of Here. While he's there he places a couple of other bets for the day
Dunguib wins and Joe Punter walks back into his local Paddy Power shop and claims back his money. While he's there he places a couple of other bets for the day

Paddy's no fool

full back

PP normally has a few giveaways on throughout the year.

If you can limit yourself to punting with him only on these occasions then you are laughing.

If on the other hand, as Homer says, you do more & more bets with him then you will end up getting shafted regarding prices, escpecially on sports betting.

The percentage he works on in some matches is a f**king joke.

So, use the fcuker by all means to get the best 'offers' but dont punt with him on other occasions

sammymaguire

v late but some value for me in TAUNTON 5.20 ... SUPERFLY   >:(  >:( was travelling great guns til it unseated  :'(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

illdecide

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 15, 2010, 05:20:24 PM
v late but some value for me in TAUNTON 5.20 ... SUPERFLY   >:(  >:( was travelling great guns til it unseated  :'(

Down like a stone...had a we £10 spot on tiger o toole at 11/2 which he won well. Get me a few free bets tomorrow ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Correct i'lldecide had him backed myself.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Homer

Dunguib has been pushed out to evens with Ladbrokes, William Hill and Sportingbet.

A 50-50 chance? He might go even bigger tomorrow.

winsamsoon

Oscar whiskey @5/1 insurance bet 1st,2nd or 3rd £100 double with athletico madrid tonight fingers crossed
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

new devil

Anyone i have talked to have said Dunguib is a banker...Thinking about going big on him anyone think other wise?

Family guy

Me and you had some craic last year the 1st day of cheltenham new devil lol hope we get off to a better start this year,yeah go big i know i am

Shrek

Quote from: new devil on March 16, 2010, 03:02:22 AM
Anyone i have talked to have said Dunguib is a banker...Thinking about going big on him anyone think other wise?
Quote from: Family guy on March 16, 2010, 07:27:32 AM
Me and you had some craic last year the 1st day of cheltenham new devil lol hope we get off to a better start this year,yeah go big i know i am

Are yous saying you should go big or not go big??

Lecale2

I'll be going big. The week will be made or lost in the first race for me.

cookstownblue

personally....i wouldn't-if it loses it could mean a quiet festival for a lot of men