The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch the high ball

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 18, 2010, 08:55:17 PM
Mikael D'Haguenet entered up at Fairyhouse next Wednesday in a beginners chase  :o
Can't wait to see if this boyo is as good over fences than he was over hurdles. Hope he makes it to Cheltenham as I put a few quid each way on him for the RSA and Arkle when I seen the entry for next week. The Horse Tracker is some invention.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

sammymaguire

some decent looking chances this afternoon

OCEANS EDGE Ling 2.25
2.15 Sandown - HEEZ A CRACKER/Drumshanbo
4.45 Lingfield - CORRES
5:05 BOB HALL Sandown

shit day, gonna end with Young George Wolv 5.15
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

maddog

2nd race at Sandown there is a horse running called Offaly (outsider of the field) Is this the same horse that looked to be half decent in ireland a few years ago ?

gaa.boy

Same horse. Probably a spin today as its entered in grand national.

maddog

Quote from: gaa.boy on February 19, 2010, 12:27:48 PM
Same horse. Probably a spin today as its entered in grand national.

It would need a lot of horses to come out to get a run in the national. Think its near enough the lowest one in the weights.

Candyman

cookstownblue

boojangles

Quote from: cookstownblue on February 20, 2010, 03:49:12 PM
no 1 in the 4.15 at f/house

Cheers Cookstown,had a tenner on it. Pissed home.

sammymaguire

were you listening to tommy and hector this morning on 2FM?  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

cookstownblue

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 20, 2010, 07:27:16 PM

lol i knew id be caught, to be honest ive listened to them a few times recently and the "nagmaster" always seems to do alrite, mite be worth following..... anything worth looking at today? Did i hear there are a few meetings cancelled?

sammymaguire

Quote from: cookstownblue on February 22, 2010, 09:59:17 AM

lol i knew id be caught, to be honest ive listened to them a few times recently and the "nagmaster" always seems to do alrite, mite be worth following..... anything worth looking at today? Did i hear there are a few meetings cancelled?

It was a bit of a giveaway when you didn't stick in the name but a winner's a winner!!! I was out and about and never backed it  :-[ just a quick look this morning, Wavertree Warrior might be a decent bet in the 2.55
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Declan

Good to see my neighbours young lad doing well last week in Leopardstown
Promising claimer Keith O'Donoghue was seen to good effect when getting Blazing Tempo home in the mares' handicap hurdle

Plenty of hopes for him

Donegal Danny

Yes young Keith was a firm favourite on the old Flapping scene up here in Donegal the last few years until he went under rules. I backed him last year at Perth when he rode a nice winner for Gordon Elliot.

Mickey Linden

Alavian was the most impressive winner at the weekend imo. I backed him ante-post for the trimuph hurdle so Im happy enough with that.

cookstownblue

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 22, 2010, 10:48:29 AM
Quote from: cookstownblue on February 22, 2010, 09:59:17 AM

It was a bit of a giveaway when you didn't stick in the name but a winner's a winner!!! I was out and about and never backed it  :-[ just a quick look this morning, Wavertree Warrior might be a decent bet in the 2.55

You may not be far away, worth a few quid