The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 27, 2009, 12:24:39 AM
Trappy looking card at Leopardstown tomorrow. I'll be keeping an eye out for Merchant Royal in the bumper. DK's did me a big favour today and I've heard good things about this fellow tomorrow. The market will be very informative as always.

Mille Chief/Riverside Theatre double should be popular at Kempton Park.

Probably won't be posting on here again till the New Year so I'll list out a few I hope to be following over the next few days:

Hugo De Vindecy (Could run in the Grade 3 novice hurdle at Limerick on Monday)
Pandorama (Knight Frank chase on Monday. Hopefully the 25/1 for the RSA will be looking even better!)
Dr Whizz (Should win a maiden hurdle for Tom Mullins over the next week)
Noble Prince (Woodies Hurdle on Monday. Wasn't at his best last time out but I suspect there were excuses)
Voler La Vedette (I suspect she'll run in the mares race on Tuesday where she'll be long odds on but she's good enough to win the Grade 1 against Solwhit, Sublimity, Jumbo Rio etc.)
Some Slam (Entered in the bumper on Tuesday. Bolted up at Listowel and that race has worked out very well. Could well be a Cheltenham bumper horse)

Had a decent enough return for the week. The short-priced double at Kempton came up. Pandorama and Voler La Vedette won at short prices and Dr Whizz won his maiden hurdle at 7/1. No luck with Hugo De Vindecy, Noble Prince or Some Slam.

Won't be a lot of racing over the next week or so with this feckin' weather. Sandown went today and tomorrow's good card at Naas has gone.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

3 30 a big sky brewing
5 15 greystone prince

both solid e/w's today

what a crock of shit  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

beer baron

sublimity e/w in the champion hurle if the ground comes up good.This horse aint finished yet.You can thank me come march.

boojangles

Brazilian Brush 445 Kempton.

sammymaguire

Pocket Two in the 5.45 Kempton
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 13, 2010, 04:14:42 PM

Is there word for this or a simple chance flutter

Joxer

sammymaguire

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 13, 2010, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 13, 2010, 04:14:42 PM

Is there word for this or a simple chance flutter

just getting back on now... got word and the stuff I have had recently has been shocking  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Hopefully they can get some turf racing back somewhere soon. I'm sick of all this bucket and sand crap on the AW. Thurles tomorrow and Friday is gone and I was over in Naas this afternoon and I'd say they are no more than 50/50 for Saturday. It looks like Musselburgh will get the go ahead for Saturday across the water.

There'll be chaos for a week or two when we do eventually get turf racing back. Everyone will be scrambling to get a run into their horse before Cheltenham and there'll be plenty of horses short of peak fitness due to the weather. A few of the trainers close to me have been clearing their gallops daily for three weeks now. Keep an eye out for the Curragh trainers because I understand that the Old Vic gallop was useable. Trainers based by the coast should also be watched. Many will have been able to keep their horses ticking over on the beaches. Ferdy Murphy has been working his horses daily on Redcar strand over in England.

randomtask

not even one of them came in placed :o

sammymaguire

Quote from: randomtask on January 13, 2010, 07:56:38 PM

stick with hugh taylor, he seems to be the only one who can pick a winner with a nice double today that i missed
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

small stakes for these two FANCIES

Formidable Guest 3.00pm
Zuwaar 4.40pm
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Silky

Will this spell of bad weather have upset trainers plans for Cheltenham? It can't have help those training in the areas worst affected.

boojangles

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 13, 2010, 09:36:52 PM
Quote from: randomtask on January 13, 2010, 07:56:38 PM

stick with hugh taylor, he seems to be the only one who can pick a winner with a nice double today that i missed

Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1    1. Formidable Guest (9) 11/2 6 9 - 6 Saleem Golam
J Pearce

2  hd  9. Carr Hall (IRE) (5) 6/1 7 8 - 6
(oh3)  R Kingscote
B G Powell

3  ¾  4. Vinces (7) 9/2 Fav 6 9 - 2 Hayley Turner
T D McCarthy

Who needs Hugh Taylor when we have SammyMaguire!!!!! ;) ;)

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Silky on January 14, 2010, 01:56:15 PM
Will this spell of bad weather have upset trainers plans for Cheltenham? It can't have help those training in the areas worst affected.

It'll have knocked lads back a few weeks but it shouldn't have any impact at all come March. There's still sixty days till the tapes go up for the Supreme Novices. As long as we get back on the turf in the next week (which we will in Ireland) there won't be too many problems.

Everyone will be scrambling to get a run into their unraced juvenile hurdlers and bumper horses but every trainer in Ireland and Britain will be in the same boat. Most of the big yards don't do a lot of work with their Cheltenham horses at this time of year anyway. Henderson & Nicholls in particular, prefer to freshen them up in early January for their targets in the spring.