sammymaguire

Tyrana is declared for a race at Southwell this afternoon  ;) 3.30
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Oak Leafer

Is it the same tyrana Sammie??

Worth a punt?

Anythin at Clonmel today gents?

Homer

Same Tyrana but a higher standard of race today and while he will of course be running without penalty I'd be watching the market before getting anyway involved. He's currently drifting slightly.

Mickey Linden

Anyone getting involved in the Ante post market for Cheltenham lads? Hows it looking for yous?
I have done a few which Im happy enough with so far.
Supreme Novices - Have been backing Dunguib every month at prices ranging from 5/2 to 7/4
Champion Hurdle - Huricane Fly @11/2
Ballymore - Quel Esprit @ 16s (think this is a cracking horse but not sure if it will go this route now tho)
Arkle - Sports Line @ 33s
Triumph - Alavian @ 12s

Hopefully I will have a few bets running for me come the festival.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Oak Leafer on December 17, 2009, 10:45:38 AM
Is it the same tyrana Sammie??

Worth a punt?

Anythin at Clonmel today gents?

yep, Homer's remarks are pretty accurate but it won handy enough last night and the owners may want another quick hit.

As for Ante-post. I rarely back anything too far in advance... maybe a silly decision but I like to see my returns pretty quickly after the outlay
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Homer

Tyrana non-runner now

As for AP betting I have line running into Hurricane Fly since bookies opened a book on the Champion Hurdle but I haven't got involved in anything else yet.

boojangles

I think it was you Homer that put up a website maybe 2 years ago,where some lad Richard Silverwood puts up a tip a day on a blog,TurfTalk is it. Any chance of the link again??

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 17, 2009, 11:00:34 AM
Anyone getting involved in the Ante post market for Cheltenham lads? Hows it looking for yous?
I have done a few which Im happy enough with so far.
Supreme Novices - Have been backing Dunguib every month at prices ranging from 5/2 to 7/4
Champion Hurdle - Huricane Fly @11/2
Ballymore - Quel Esprit @ 16s (think this is a cracking horse but not sure if it will go this route now tho)
Arkle - Sports Line @ 33s
Triumph - Alavian @ 12s

Hopefully I will have a few bets running for me come the festival.

Smashing horse but I have a feeling Willie will go for the Spa Hurdle with him and Fionnegas will go to the Ballymore/Neptune (whatever its called this year). Can't understand why Willie ran Rhyl Accord ahead of him in the Grade 1 at Navan on Sunday.

Have Dunguib, HF and Alaivan in my own antepost book as well. Watch out for a horse called An Siorrac when more bookies start opening up a market for the Foxhunters. Cashmans are the only ones betting on it at the moment and they have him at 3/1!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

T O Hare

Whats the verdict on Kempes today???
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mickey Linden

When are we likely to see An Sioric out this season Donnelly? Certainly one I will be looking out for as your other ante post picks look spot on so far!

ludermor

Lets see if this one will be as good as the last time, from the same fella.
Wheresmeneckstra in the 6.30 in wolverhampton.

Edit Just got it at 22/1 in VC but down as low as 14/1 on PP

ludermor

Question for my learned friends! When is the earliest that the odds come out for a race? One of the lads got word on a horse racing on Stephens Day and said to back it as soon as its up but how do you get notified?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 17, 2009, 01:50:40 PM
When are we likely to see An Sioric out this season Donnelly? Certainly one I will be looking out for as your other ante post picks look spot on so far!

Haven't heard any concrete plans yet but I'm presuming it will either be at Thurles on Kinloch Brae day at the end of January or else at Leopardstown for that good hunter chase on Hennessy day in mid-February.

Quote from: ludermor on December 17, 2009, 02:18:45 PM
Question for my learned friends! When is the earliest that the odds come out for a race? One of the lads got word on a horse racing on Stephens Day and said to back it as soon as its up but how do you get notified?

Depends really what race it is and where. The prices for the Graded races at Leopardstown will probably be up at the start of next week. With no racing on from the 23rd onwards, some bookies will have odds up on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day for most races at Leopardstown/Kempton. Probably have to wait for the morning of Stephens Day if its running at Down Royal/Limerick or one of the gaff tracks in England.

Always a great day to land a little touch. Most peoples' attention is focussed on Kempton and Leopardstown so you always see a few punts landed at the minor meetings without many people noticing.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ludermor

Cheers for that, ill keep an eye out on the mornings of Stephens day.

Mac hinery

Quote from: boojangles on December 17, 2009, 12:55:25 PM
I think it was you Homer that put up a website maybe 2 years ago,where some lad Richard Silverwood puts up a tip a day on a blog,TurfTalk is it. Any chance of the link again??

http://www.pendletoday.co.uk/CustomPages/CustomPage.aspx?Pageid=65465

It's hard to beat Hugh Taylor all the same  ;D