The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Old Waton Lake did you proud Sammy. Nice boost for Big Zeb's form again.

I liked that Fionnegas. Could be Cheltenham horse for either of the longer novice hurdles. Mullins has such ammunition with horses like Quel Esprit and Quinola Des Obeaux though. Very much a case of wait and see.

Got a good word for Glenquest earlier from a lad I used to work with on the Curragh. Footy Facts relishes this ground though and you could never pass over one of Arthur Moore's in a handicap - Stewards House. Don't think I'll be getting involved in this one.

The highly thought of Sports Line makes his chasing debut tomorrow at Thurles. Mullins put this up as his dark horse for the season a few weeks ago. Thinks he might develop into an Arkle contender.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Footy Facts came back at a nice price - happy days, gonna stick £50 on Ireland to win tonight too, just got a silly feeling it may happen for them tonight
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

winsamsoon

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 18, 2009, 01:18:41 PM
sportslive naps

Chaim
L Aspell Mrs L Wadham 56/P212- 7
11-5 7/2 4/1 9/2
5/11

Take It There
Giles Hawkins A J Lidderdale 23-P651 7
12-5 10/3 7/2 4/1
9/2
                                 GOOG LUCK LADS

Get in there the other horse ran a stinker
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

sammymaguire

Jaysus, 6 from 7. thats one of my best days ever, pity I did not do any doubles or trebles.... all I need now is for Ireland to win  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Oak Leafer

Outstanding picks Sammy!! Pity i followed ur horses with word on them!

Any picks for Dundalk or Kempton this evenin?

C'mon the paddys!!

winsamsoon

good picking alright sammy doubles and trebles would have landed you an even greater profit but you know aswell as i do half a loaf is better than non

winsamsoon

(1)  King Of Defence 9:20 Kempton
N Callan M A Jarvis 80-3021 3
9-1 9/4 5/2
9/4
   This beast should take all the beating tonight lads even at this slender price i think it is good value. won the last race with something in hand and got off to a bad start and in my opinion it could have won it by more . Tonights race is a similar contest so i think it will win. Take a price now as it will go shorten.

winsamsoon

(5)  Richelieu
D E Mullins J J Lambe 201003 7
8-10   
8/1
7:30 Dundalk

This one is an old favourite aswell, i posted it last year around christmas time and it came it at 12/1. Ran well last week and at 8/1 he is worth an ew punt but i must stress small stakes, Good luck lads

sammymaguire

Quote from: Oak Leafer on November 18, 2009, 04:11:58 PM
Outstanding picks Sammy!! Pity i followed ur horses with word on them!

Any picks for Dundalk or Kempton this evenin?

C'mon the paddys!!

those so called good things ate away at my cash today so only made about £100 at the end of it all  >:(

King of Defense and Leelu both mentioned in the last at Kempton and Dotada and Fandango Boy at Dundalk (I'm not backing any though, glued to the footy tonight)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

winsamsoon

winsamsoon

Two pigs i picked there lads sorry :o

Donnellys Hollow

Looking forward to seeing this Sports Line out tomorrow at Thurles.

Willie has some fine horses going novice chasing this year (Cousin Vinny, Mikael D'Haguenet, Kempes), but this was the horse he picked out as his dark horse for the season.

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 18, 2009, 03:16:32 PM
Footy Facts came back at a nice price - happy days, gonna stick £50 on Ireland to win tonight too, just got a silly feeling it may happen for them tonight

got 7/1 on betfair but i am still gutted i cannot put this towards a flight to Cape Town in June  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

randomtask

any tips for tomorrow sammy, always miss your tips cant get to a computer at work!

Donnellys Hollow

Interesting little novice chase at Huntingdon tomorrow as well. Michael Flips, Numide and Daves Dream taking each other on first time up over fences.

I really liked Daves Dream when he won the Imperial Cup at Sandown last year before failing to land the bonus in the County Hurdle. I remember Fitzy was on ATR at the end of last season saying that hes built for chasing. He said he was one of the best young horses in the Henderson yard when he was still riding. AP jocked up with Barry G still suspended.