The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea The Stars

Quote from: rossie mad on November 10, 2009, 04:09:52 PM

Had a poor day today.

Lost twenty on pipers legend then put 25 on zorro de la vega.
Latter was cruising two out before he ended up on his arse.

Had barton son 3 e/w at 10/1 came third.

I see cheltenham is on this weekend.
Any declarations we need to know about?

The Glenfarcas Cross Country Chase, the Paddy Power Gold Cup, the Connaught Chase and the Greatwood Hurdle entries should all be out. Greatwood always a good betting race.....

Donnellys Hollow

Enda Bolger has a horse called An Siorrac in the cross-country race on Friday at the 5-day stage. I suspect he won't run with Garde Champetre and L'Ami also engaged but this horse should be followed wherever he goes this season. He won two points before winning a hunter chase at Fairyhouse in February by 30L. Bolger thinks he's the best young horse he's ever had and he'll probably end up running in the Foxhunters at the Festival in March. He's only a 6yo so when he does eventually run in banks races he could be the new Risk Of Thunder!

Master Minded has to give Well Chief 10lbs on Sunday. Could be worth taking a chace on the Pipe animal who goes very well fresh.

Hurricane Fly and Solwhit could clash in the Morgiana at Punchestown on Sunday. Dunguib and Sizing Europe are also entered on the same card. Sizing Europe doesn't hold an entry in the Grade 2 novice chase at Cheltenham so I'd say he's likely to run on Sunday.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

I'd say there'll be plenty of English trainers willing to avail of his services. 

Donnellys Hollow

I imagine he'll get that reduced that on appeal. His case isn't helped by the fact that its the second time he's got pinged for being over the limit.

vav

Heard word for Crusoes Return in the 9:00 Dundalk.. last I checked was 12/1 in Ladbrokes & Terry Rogers, 11/1 in Boyles & 10/1 Powers

tyrone girl

Have it at 10-1 in paddys - prob jinxed now

sammymaguire

Quote from: vav on November 11, 2009, 03:22:47 PM
Heard word for Crusoes Return in the 9:00 Dundalk.. last I checked was 12/1 in Ladbrokes & Terry Rogers, 11/1 in Boyles & 10/1 Powers

might have a dabble with you on this cos I have nothing else at the moment although I kinda like Ebaziyan in this race too

14/1 on Bet365  ;) hope the authorities see some sense over PC and reduce it to a fortnight

maybe something went wrong with this one tonight, did it finish last?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

You And I in the 2:00 Ludlow fancied 7/2

Personally I like Russian War E/W in the 1.00 @ Ludlow

pish pish pish last 2 for today  ::) 550w nafura 620w naseenah
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

An Siorrac not declared for the Cross Country race at Cheltenham tomorrow.  :(

Wherever route Bolger takes with this beast, he should be followed. (Cashmans have him at 3/1 for the Foxhunters at the Festival already!)

The Sporting Life are forecasting Garde Champetre at 11/10. Be a gift from the gods if there's any odds-against available about him in the morning.

sammymaguire

SOME PRESENT & GARDE both expected to win at Cheltenham this avo  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

rossie mad

Did french opera and silver birch in a double as well as singles.
Backed nocturnal knight in the first in newcastle but no luck.

Small e/w bet on lake pontchairin in dundalk tonight at big price.
Does anyone know if scots dragon is racing in cheltenham this weekend?

Donnellys Hollow

Hopefully they'll go a pace today for Some Present. The race the last day when he got beat was a complete farce. He should win today. Looking at the market it seems that Henry De Bromhead's horse is the danger. He got beat getting weight from Fosters Cross at Tipp and that form shouldn't put him among the best novice hurdlers.

Garde should be spot on after his spin over timber. Also think Knockara Beau might be a bit of value at the off in the last. He's giving weight away and I can see people taking him on with Ashkazar and Aigle D'Or. Unfashionable yard but his form with Mikael D'Haguenet and Killyglen is eye-catching. The Czech lad that rides him is a class act as well.

Hardy

Stupid price on Garde Ch. One for watching for the sport - love this race.

Donnellys Hollow

Price is probably about right Hardy. I certainly wouldn't want to be laying anything over even money about him.

Nina has never been beaten on him and his only defeat in banks races was this race last year when Davy Russell took a bit of a shortcut out in the country! You can make a case for Silver Birch but Garde holds him on the La Touche form. The Czech horses are unknown quantities but the market is hardly encouraging.

Casadei usually runs well around here, I recall him giving Spothedifference an almighty scare one year. Could run into a place at a big price.

Hardy

You're right, I suppose DH - the price is always right, in a way. It's just not right for me. I couldn't be taking odds on in what's effectively a 4-mile cross-country handicap. I think and hope he'll win and I'll enjoy the spectacle.