The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

His price took a walk on the exchanges earlier on - 4/1 at one stage. It has stabilised again now at 11/5.

This tends to happen from time to time on the exchanges. Someone gets hold of a half of a rumour, the whole thing gathers momentum and before you know it the horse is being layed at crazy prices.

Its hardly a positive sign but Oxx has said that nothing will be decided until the end of next week.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 09, 2009, 04:45:48 PM
Selections for the weekend:

Saturday

Shadow Dancer (Bangor 4.30) Won a Uttoxeter bumper on his racecourse debut in June and then won a maiden hurdle at Market Rasen a fortnight ago. Only a 4yo but should be good enough to win this ordinary novice hurdle even under a penalty for AP and Jonjo. There'll hopefully be some odds against around in the morning tomorrow.

Sunday

Parsons Pistol (e/w) (Limerick 4.50) Looks a competitive renewal of the Munster National so there should be good value to be had. Parsons Pistol is a real stayer in the making and he should relish this 3 mile slog. He bolted up in a novice chase at Naas last January and he was still in contention in the 4 miler at Cheltenham when falling three out. Meade's are usually fairly forward first time out and he should run well.

Cornas (Limerick 5.25) Looks a competitive Grade 3 chase for second season novices this race. The fact that Nick Williams is bringing him over from England though is a tip in itself. Archie Boy, Let Yourself Go and Reisk Superman have all got the benefit of recent runs but if he runs anywhere near his best, Cornas should outclass them. He ran a cracker in the Arkle last year when seventh behind Forpadydeplasterer. Had he not stumbled when going well two out, he may well have placed. He then finished fourth to Kalahari King at Aintree only beaten 10L. He's entitled to be favourite for this but Irish punters might look past him because he's from one of the less fashionable English yards.

First two beat.  :(

Cornas was available at generous odds this morning but that's all been ruined now Archie Boy has been taken out - should be a nice rule 4 on any bets placed before 3pm. All the same, there's probably still some value left in the price even though he's now a shade of odds on. He'd be 1/3 or shorter if he came from any of the big English yards like Nicholls, Hobbs or Pipe.

Donnellys Hollow

Took a crashing fall when going well down the back straight.  ::)

Time to take a break from punting for a bit methinks!

Declan

Oxx retires Sea The Stars
Tuesday, 13 October 2009 13:20

John Oxx's multiple Group 1 winner Sea The Stars has been retired to stud.

The brilliant colt will not be afforded the opportunity to shine at next month's Breeders' Cup meeting in California after Oxx confirmed this afternoon to RTÉ Sport that the all-conquering colt had run his last race.

Donnellys Hollow

Off to ride all around him at stud.  ;D

Thanks for the memories..........and the money! STS was like an ATM all summer. Hopefully some of his progeny will achieve similar feats.

Aaron Boone

Thanks for the memories indeed Sea The Stars. The 8/1 for the 2,000 Guineas was some steal and some training performance by Mr Oxx to win on his seasonal debut. My fav was Leopardstown Champion Stakes as O'Brien had all he could muster against him but Mick Kinane just strode past them all again. Timeform have him at 140.

Doogie Browser

Heard word for Scholars Mate  ;) 3.50 Punchestown today.  Worth couple of quid each way.

Family guy

Nice call,didnt get on but good shout hope lot got on

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Family guy on October 14, 2009, 04:15:47 PM
I was being mischevious FG, I actually picked a donkey still running  :-[

Family guy

lol bookies never lose do they,would have been nice to have been on though

vav

Indian Pace should have good eachway prospects in the 5:20 Punchestown at 8s

sammymaguire

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 14, 2009, 04:19:55 PM
Quote from: Family guy on October 14, 2009, 04:15:47 PM
I was being mischevious FG, I actually picked a donkey still running  :-[

never mind Doogie, the little edit saved your blushes  :-\ try a little double on chain of command 5.35 and First Bay 5.55  (with two single savers)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

SidelineKick

Cara Mara 3:45 Punchestown.  Won for me last two times out at 16/1 both times. Going to have another go on it today. Owes me nothing!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

rossie mad

Did a small e/w double on compton classic and sometsuke in the last two races at nottingham.

Heres hoping ::)

Any tips today sammy?

Your very queit lately.

Mickey Linden

Fasinating race at Punchestown today. Sizing Europe and Harchibald going over fences for the first time.