The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

What a horse. They will still be talking about STS in the next century.Considering the in-running problems and it not settling,it makes it even more special. Well Done to John Oxx.

Donnelly Cheers for Rosanara,good tip.

Sammy,Id be more than grateful for the odd PM. :P
I couldn't pick my nose at the minute. :'(

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

Sweeps Hill makes his hurdling debut in the first at Tipp. He chased home Dunguib at the Punchestown festival in the Champion Bumper and being a New Zealand bred he should have improved significantly over the summer. You certainly won't get rich backing him but his bumper form is streets ahead of the rest of these. Provided he can arch his back and jump well he should beat these hard held.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Mickey Linden

Will Sea the Stars go to the breeders cup?

Donnellys Hollow

4/6 best price Sweeps Hill with Bet365 and Victor Chandler for his maiden hurdle. Currently available at 17/1 on Betfair for the Supreme at Cheltenham if you're feeling ambitious. Any takers of that could be in a good position to trade off later on. Plenty of people tend to overreact in the ante-post markets to routine wins, especially at this early stage of the NH season.

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 06, 2009, 09:54:23 AM
Will Sea the Stars go to the breeders cup?

50/50 chance according to John Oxx. Listening to Kinane's comments post race - "wooly in his coat", "nothing left to prove", you would be pessimistic about his chances of travelling. I'd say the owner is quite keen though and Oxx will be tempted. Its not the huge challenge it once was because the Classic is now run on a pro-ride surface rather than dirt which used to give the Americans a huge advantage over the European horses. Last year was the first year it was run on the pro-ride and Ravens Pass and Henrythenavigator completed a European 1-2.

They haven't an awful lot to risk by running him. Dancing Brave, Giants Causeway, George Washington and Galileo (STS half brother) were all beaten in the Classic and it has had little or no impact on their respective reputations.

SEA THE STARS v RIP VAN WINKLE v MASTERCRAFTSMAN v ZENYATTA (the American wonder filly) - It'd be some race to look forward to.

Doogie Browser

souljaboy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 06, 2009, 12:26:53 PM
When is the Breeders cup?

friday november 7th and saturday november 8th
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

Doogie Browser

Quote from: souljaboy on October 06, 2009, 12:28:38 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 06, 2009, 12:26:53 PM
When is the Breeders cup?

friday november 7th and saturday november 8th
Cheers, always a good night in the bar.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 06, 2009, 12:33:43 AM
Sweeps Hill makes his hurdling debut in the first at Tipp. He chased home Dunguib at the Punchestown festival in the Champion Bumper and being a New Zealand bred he should have improved significantly over the summer. You certainly won't get rich backing him but his bumper form is streets ahead of the rest of these. Provided he can arch his back and jump well he should beat these hard held.

A long way away from the Supreme Novices Hurdle but he won quite nicely. David Casey gave him a good educational ride and he should improve from here.

football-4-life

no 5 at the 6.20 at kempton!! put house on it!! word from the stables

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: football-4-life on October 07, 2009, 05:58:07 PM
no 5 at the 6.20 at kempton!! put house on it!! word from the stables

Howd that work out for you?

sammymaguire

anyone manage to pick the 9/1 winner of the last at kempton  :-X  ;D   ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: man in black on September 28, 2009, 03:05:17 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on September 28, 2009, 01:51:41 PM
Based on some information passed to me I'm backing two Rod Millman runners today - Cadeaux Fax 4.50 and Milldown Story 3.00

Had a fiver on the first one. Cheers for the tip.

I did mention this one before guys ;)  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Selections for the weekend:

Saturday

Shadow Dancer (Bangor 4.30) Won a Uttoxeter bumper on his racecourse debut in June and then won a maiden hurdle at Market Rasen a fortnight ago. Only a 4yo but should be good enough to win this ordinary novice hurdle even under a penalty for AP and Jonjo. There'll hopefully be some odds against around in the morning tomorrow.

Sunday

Parsons Pistol (e/w) (Limerick 4.50) Looks a competitive renewal of the Munster National so there should be good value to be had. Parsons Pistol is a real stayer in the making and he should relish this 3 mile slog. He bolted up in a novice chase at Naas last January and he was still in contention in the 4 miler at Cheltenham when falling three out. Meade's are usually fairly forward first time out and he should run well.

Cornas (Limerick 5.25) Looks a competitive Grade 3 chase for second season novices this race. The fact that Nick Williams is bringing him over from England though is a tip in itself. Archie Boy, Let Yourself Go and Reisk Superman have all got the benefit of recent runs but if he runs anywhere near his best, Cornas should outclass them. He ran a cracker in the Arkle last year when seventh behind Forpadydeplasterer. Had he not stumbled when going well two out, he may well have placed. He then finished fourth to Kalahari King at Aintree only beaten 10L. He's entitled to be favourite for this but Irish punters might look past him because he's from one of the less fashionable English yards.

Mickey Linden

I see Sea the Stars has been taken out of the breeders cup betting. Has he been offically retired?