The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

two dud ones yesterday and today - shocking pish runs with so called info behind them  ???  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Keoghs Bar in the 1:50 at Worcester. Horse fell in a novice chase at Newton Abbot last time out so he should appreciate returning to the smaller obstacles. Ran well in a good bumper at Perth in May. Flynn does well in his raids to England and has an excellent strike-rate with AP up.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Ran with the choke out for too long and faded after the second last. He'll probably win a maiden hurdle at two miles around a stiff track like Naas or Navan.

Looking ahead to the weekend. I'm tempted to have a hefty double on Rip Van Winkle in the QE2 tomorrow and St Nicholas Abbey in the Beresford at the Curragh on Sunday, both are currently around the even money mark. Ballydoyle have only had three winners from their last thirty runners though and Godolphin (Delegator in the QE2 & Passion For Gold in the Beresford) are absolutely flying. Will keep a watching brief on Aidan's runner at Dundalk tonight (odds-on fav in the 9.00) before investing.

sammymaguire

KIRBY VIC 5.15 is all set to win today

I'm sticking to the football for the weekend  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

illdecide

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 25, 2009, 04:50:39 PM

[/quote

you do that Sammy as i backed it on your advise :(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Sammy, you really should put down if a horse if your fancy or a tip ;)

sammymaguire

Quote from: illdecide on September 25, 2009, 05:26:22 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on September 25, 2009, 04:50:39 PM

[/quote

you do that Sammy as i backed it on your advise :(

sorry illdecide, cost me £50 - this was a tip man which makes me even more pissed off
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 25, 2009, 03:46:20 PM
Looking ahead to the weekend. I'm tempted to have a hefty double on Rip Van Winkle in the QE2 tomorrow and St Nicholas Abbey in the Beresford at the Curragh on Sunday, both are currently around the even money mark. Ballydoyle have only had three winners from their last thirty runners though and Godolphin (Delegator in the QE2 & Passion For Gold in the Beresford) are absolutely flying. Will keep a watching brief on Aidan's runner at Dundalk tonight (odds-on fav in the 9.00) before investing.

Agustusthestrong beaten a head at 4/11. Hhhmmmm. Don't know what to make of that looking forward to the QE2 tomorrow. Mastercraftsman has been taken out as expected. I'm surprised Aidan isn't running a pacemaker for Rip Van Winkle given the way he won at Goodwood and how he chased home Sea The Stars up the Sandown hill. With only four runners it could leave him vulnerable to Delegator's turn of foot should they not go a proper gallop. The mile at Ascot is a lot stiffer than at Goodwood though and I'm not convinced Delegator truly stays a mile. I'll probably wait to see how RVW's price holds up in the morning before getting on.

I'm convinced the 2yo on Sunday (St Nicholas Abbey) is a Derby horse for next year and he's a penalty kick now that Bolger has taken out Chabal. Might be worth a small antepost investment for Epsom before the Beresford!

Finally, Oscar Dan Dan runs in a 2m6 hurdle at Navan tomorrow (3.20) with Ruby up. He has to give weight away all round but he's got some cracking form over hurdles - beaten only 14L by Mikael D'Haguenet, 17L by Hurricane Fly, 1.5L by Chasing Cars in a bumper. Provided he's tuned up for his first run of the season then he should win. Currently around the even money mark on Betfair.

sammymaguire

Murtagh's ride was strange as he looked like he never took the whip out on Augustus and could have got it home in front if he'd have ridden him a bit stronger... if I had have invested in that 4/11 shot I would have been disgusted  :o

Ones that look appealing (fancies) going on the betting slips today are;
Applause 1.55 Ascot
Cootehill 2.05 Market Rasen
Bajan Parkes 2.35 Haydock
From Dawn To Dusk 3.15 Market Rasen
Marching Time 3.45 Ascot
Mirrored 3.50 Chester
Reisk Superman 4.25 Navan
Banyan Tree 4.35 Gowran
Sweetheart 5.25 Ascot really fancy this one

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Good performance by the Ripper at Ascot. Thought Aidan might regret not running a pacemaker two furlongs out but he was only idling in front and he kicked again when Zacinto and Delegator came at him. Should be a mouthwatering race if he meets Sea The Stars in the Breeders Cup Classic.

Looking forward to St Nicholas Abbey at the Curragh tomorrow for the second leg of the double. Joshua Tree's win in the Royal Lodge doesn't say much for the 2yos across the water given that he was beaten in a nursery at Listowel only last week. Would be a lot more confident that he'll beat the Godolphin horse now - especially that Frankie is going to Germany instead of gracing us with his presence here in Kildare!

Gan Amhras also reappears tomorrow in a listed race over 7f. The trip will be on the sharp side for him but if he runs anywhere near his English 2000 Guineas form then he should account for this lot.

illdecide

Lads we def miss Nail Loney here for his tips...i was in the bookies yesterday talking to him and he was giving this tip out that he'd got straight from the horses stable, the horse won with the d**k out no prob and i'd only £20 on it but that man knows what he's talking about...get him back on the board again as his tips are second to none...Sorry Sammy but your not in Nail's league...ohh did i mention he also give me a treble at the football that paid £103 ;D ;D ;D

sammymaguire

Quote from: illdecide on September 27, 2009, 04:56:22 PM
Lads we def miss Nail Loney here for his tips...i was in the bookies yesterday talking to him and he was giving this tip out that he'd got straight from the horses stable, the horse won with the d**k out no prob and i'd only £20 on it but that man knows what he's talking about...get him back on the board again as his tips are second to none...Sorry Sammy but your not in Nail's league...ohh did i mention he also give me a treble at the football that paid £103 ;D ;D ;D

Quit your Jiba Jabbing Fool
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

illdecide

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 28, 2009, 08:54:05 AM
Quote from: illdecide on September 27, 2009, 04:56:22 PM

Quit your Jiba Jabbing Fool

Very good Sammy ;)

But seriously though Nail Loney's tips are missed, he made me over £160 for a simple 2 min chat...Get him reinstated ASAP

sammymaguire

I agree illdecide, I liked his stuff too, get him back as soon as poss!!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Based on some information passed to me I'm backing two Rod Millman runners today - Cadeaux Fax 4.50 and Milldown Story 3.00
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!