The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Yeah I know, you see all these trebles etc before and they look brilliant then maybe one or none of them actually win in the end.

Donnellys Hollow

I really fancy the chances of Our Conor in the Triumph. It's not a race I particularly like but he looks the best chance of an Irish winner in it for years.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Armaghgael

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 21, 2013, 07:26:11 PM
I really fancy the chances of Our Conor in the Triumph. It's not a race I particularly like but he looks the best chance of an Irish winner in it for years.

Same myself DH really impressed me at leopardstown the other week
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

bcarrier

Our Conor getting plenty of support at the previews. Irish horses have a poor record in the race though. I think Nicholls horse will be very hard to beat in that.

Seems to be a fair bit of talk about Dynaste running in the Jewson at the UK previews.

homeofhurling8

I was talking to Pipe yesterday about a couple of our horses, we are going to head to the Foxhunters with Faasel, he has been point to pointing recently and seems in great form, might run into a place behind Salsify and Chapoturgeon, during the conversation i tried to worm some info out of him about his Festival chances, blood from a stone springs to mind !

It seems they haven't made their mind up about where to send Dynaste, the stats are against him for the RSA and they are a very stat driven operation, i got the impression the Jewson was the more likely target, he did tell me that Ballinagour would be his best chance of a winner, probably in his fathers race.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on February 27, 2013, 11:03:53 AM
Our Conor getting plenty of support at the previews. Irish horses have a poor record in the race though. I think Nicholls horse will be very hard to beat in that.

Richard Hughes was positively purring about him before Christmas. He was joking that Dessie should put him away for a flat campaign so that he can come over and ride him. They were adamant he was going to beat Blood Cotil on Stephen's Day but he was coughing on Christmas Eve and was declared a NR.

I'm not sure if the English form is that strong this year and our 4yos have ran considerably better in the Triumph in the last few years. Weld has had the second in the last two renewals and Countrywide Flame had his prep at Leopardstown last year when he was only third. The Irish form is quite solid this year. Diakali looked very good at Punchestown and he had no excuses when behind Our Connor. Stocktons Wing won very well at the weekend and Ruacana who was only third behind Our Connor had previously won the Grade 1 at Chepstow.

Do you know what race Gevrey Chambertin goes for homeofhurling?

bcarrier

Quote from: homeofhurling8 on February 27, 2013, 01:54:32 PM
I was talking to Pipe yesterday about a couple of our horses, we are going to head to the Foxhunters with Faasel, he has been point to pointing recently and seems in great form, might run into a place behind Salsify and Chapoturgeon, during the conversation i tried to worm some info out of him about his Festival chances, blood from a stone springs to mind !

It seems they haven't made their mind up about where to send Dynaste, the stats are against him for the RSA and they are a very stat driven operation, i got the impression the Jewson was the more likely target, he did tell me that Ballinagour would be his best chance of a winner, probably in his fathers race.

Thanks HoH and good luck with your lad. Had Ballinagour down for the plate even after the hike gets into 10 12 with Hunt Ball top weight. Henderson said last nighta t the Glasgow Preview that if Dynaste goes for Jewson Captain Conan will head for the Arkle ...dont know it it was said in jest or not !

bcarrier

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 27, 2013, 06:03:00 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on February 27, 2013, 11:03:53 AM

Richard Hughes was positively purring about him before Christmas. He was joking that Dessie should put him away for a flat campaign so that he can come over and ride him. They were adamant he was going to beat Blood Cotil on Stephen's Day but he was coughing on Christmas Eve and was declared a NR.

I'm not sure if the English form is that strong this year and our 4yos have ran considerably better in the Triumph in the last few years. Weld has had the second in the last two renewals and Countrywide Flame had his prep at Leopardstown last year when he was only third. The Irish form is quite solid this year. Diakali looked very good at Punchestown and he had no excuses when behind Our Connor. Stocktons Wing won very well at the weekend and Ruacana who was only third behind Our Connor had previously won the Grade 1 at Chepstow.

Our Conor best of the Irish alright but was impressed with Far West at Ascot.

homeofhurling8

[/quote]

The Albert Bartlett is the plan DH.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: homeofhurling8 on February 27, 2013, 10:03:59 PM

[/b]

The Albert Bartlett is the plan DH.
[/quote]

Thanks.

Mickey Linden

Very quiet on here considering Cheltenham on next week. Anyone any nice ante post bets done or have fancies for the festival?

charlieTully

£10 treble jezki, hurrican fly and quevega.
£20 double pont alexandre and salsify
£1 ew patent dodging bullets, houblon des obeaux (RSA) and blackmail (Champion bumper)

done the patent and double after attending the preview night in the europa. kind of regreting the treble now,but you never know. richard hoiles was very sweet on rock on ruby.

Donnellys Hollow

The fourth day and extra races have spoiled a lot of the festival buzz for me. I had a quite successful period landing ante-post punts on the novice race but it's impossible now with targets still up in the air. Bookmakers' prices also seem ridiculously short on some of the races and there'll be far better value around in the mornings next week.

Our Conor at 8s is probably the best value in my ante-post portfolio at the moment. I've Sir Des Champs at 7s and a small bit of evs about the freak in the Champion Chase from before the Tingle Creek. Among my more disappointing ante-post vouchers are Puffin Billy to win any race, Waaheb for the Supreme and Pont Alexandre in the Albert Bartlett. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the handicaps over the weekend. They're always devilishly difficult but it's the one week of the year when there can be terrific value to be had.

beer baron

Have more Antepost bets than i've ever had before,some looking good,some not so Much.

In the Supreme i backed Snake eyes before his 1st hurdles run and he's been awful and won't be anywhere near the race,also have pique sous at 20's in there who hasn't run over hurdles in months,but i still hold out hope for him running a place.

I've Hurricane fly at 11/2 for the champion hurdle.
Le vent d'antan at 12's and 17/2 for the bumper, 17/2 NRNB.
Carlito Brigante at 9's for the Novice handicap on day 1 NRNB
Defy logic 20's in the neptune before Annie Power beat him  a few weeks back :-\

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on March 06, 2013, 04:56:45 PM
Have more Antepost bets than i've ever had before,some looking good,some not so Much.

In the Supreme i backed Snake eyes before his 1st hurdles run and he's been awful and won't be anywhere near the race,also have pique sous at 20's in there who hasn't run over hurdles in months,but i still hold out hope for him running a place.

I've Hurricane fly at 11/2 for the champion hurdle.
Le vent d'antan at 12's and 17/2 for the bumper, 17/2 NRNB.
Carlito Brigante at 9's for the Novice handicap on day 1 NRNB
Defy logic 20's in the neptune before Annie Power beat him  a few weeks back :-\

I like that one too. Hopefully the ground will be right for him.