The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Anyone have any tips on the horses at the Kentucky Derby?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Don Johnson

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 30, 2012, 01:53:21 PM
Strange question but thought this was the best place for it:

Can you get gift vouchers in a bookies? No piss taking please!

Yeah you can get them in Tommy French as well.

Mickey Linden

Any thoughts on the Guineas DH? I think Im going to oppose Cameleot due to the ground. Probably will back Born to Sea or one of the French horses each way.

Donnellys Hollow

Can't bring myself to back anything in either.

Two ways of looking at Camelot. On breeding and 2yo form he has no chance. Montjeu doesn't get classic milers and the Racing Post Trophy form is cat. However, Aidan admitted that St Nicholas Abbey had his brains blown by running in the Guineas and he shouldn't have ran. The similarities between Camelot and St Nick as 2yos is obvious so it is possible that they think this horse has more gears and is more forward than St Nick was. Wouldn't worry about the ground for him. Soft ground will blunt the finishing kick of the speedsters and should bring his stamina into play. Born To Sea looks priced on who his mother is and not on any bit of form in the book. That said, John Oxx does not tilt at windmills and he's obviously giving Kinane and Murtagh the right vibes on the Curragh.

Haven't really looked at the fillies but if the ground dried out a bit Kevin Prendergast's filly (name escapes me at the moment) would be no forlorn hope. Her run against Power is top class 2yo form.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

gawa316

Any advice for Sligo on Sunday?

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: gawa316 on May 04, 2012, 03:48:55 PM
Any advice for Sligo on Sunday?

Dont hang around the Four Lanterns in the early hours!..

gawa316

RastaGael

Hi folks

A regular lurker on the thread and some very knowledgeable posters so hoping someone may be able to answer my question.  Is there any way to watch NH races live online (specifically P'town next Tuesday)?  I am aware of ATR.com and am registered with them and have no problem paying the subscription to watch live racing.  My issue is that the site states that only users in the ROI and UK can view the races live.  I am based outside of this region and not the most tech savvy so Idendity Cloaker etc not the preferred option.

Are there any other sites where the races can be watched live online.  No issues in paying to do so.

Hardy

Quote from: RastaGael on May 04, 2012, 04:47:21 PM
Hi folks

A regular lurker on the thread and some very knowledgeable posters so hoping someone may be able to answer my question.  Is there any way to watch NH races live online (specifically P'town next Tuesday)?  I am aware of ATR.com and am registered with them and have no problem paying the subscription to watch live racing.  My issue is that the site states that only users in the ROI and UK can view the races live.  I am based outside of this region and not the most tech savvy so Idendity Cloaker etc not the preferred option.

Are there any other sites where the races can be watched live online.  No issues in paying to do so.

Betfair carries ATR and Racing UK live coverage. I don't know if it's available outside UK and Ireland, but you could try it. Obviously you have to be a member and you also have to have a bet in the race to get access to the coverage but you can just place a small bet at odds that won't be matched to get over that.

Don't be using it for serious betting in running because there can be a small delay.

RastaGael

Thanks Hardy

I will do a trial run on some of the races over the weekend to see if it will work outside of ROI and UK.  My previous Betfair account is disabled since 2006 so I hope that setting up a new account does not send me down the slippery slope.... ;)

Bud Wiser

Can you tell us what the horse is for Tuesday in Punchestowm
:)
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Donnellys Hollow

Some tribute to Montjeu by Camelot. Even money for Epsom looks about right.

It'd be an incredible trans-Atlantic double if Daddy Long Legs does the business from the graveyard stall 1 over in Louisville tonight!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

BennyHarp

Got a tip for New Pearl in 4.25pm at Newmarket. Usually quite reliable but don't blame me if it loses. Currently 11/4!
That was never a square ball!!

bridge fan

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 06, 2012, 02:57:57 PM
Got a tip for New Pearl in 4.25pm at Newmarket. Usually quite reliable but don't blame me if it loses. Currently 11/4!

Nice - won at 4/1
That was never a square ball!!