The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Boston Bob is a stone wall certainity for the Albert Bartlett if he runs. Im actually surprised hes not going to the Neptune!

maddog

Master of Arts going for the imperial cup / county hurdle double (100k bonus). Pipe has swung this coup before.

Mickey Linden

Atttended the preview night in the Europa last night. A few of my mates were disapointed in Paul Townnd. I actually thought he was good more for what he didnt say. Hes  a quiet lad whos in a bad position on them preview nights as he is employed by Willie Mullins so cant say anything too conterversal. However, I felt he couldnt hide his delight at how good Sir Des Champs was and I think he is banker material for the RSA. Gordon Elliot also said that Sir Des will win next years gold cup.
Towenend also gave a good word for Boston Bob but didnt commit to what race he would go for. However, the exchanges would suggest today thats hes Albert Bartlett bound!
Towend was quick to rubbish quel esprit chances in the Gold cup.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2012, 02:12:50 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 06, 2012, 02:06:56 PM
Atttended the preview night in the Europa last night. A few of my mates were disapointed in Paul Townnd. I actually thought he was good more for what he didnt say. Hes  a quiet lad whos in a bad position on them preview nights as he is employed by Willie Mullins so cant say anything too conterversal. However, I felt he couldnt hide his delight at how good Sir Des Champs was and I think he is banker material for the RSA. Gordon Elliot also said that Sir Des will win next years gold cup.
Towenend also gave a good word for Boston Bob but didnt commit to what race he would go for. However, the exchanges would suggest today thats hes Albert Bartlett bound!
Townend?

Yeah hes an Irish jockey Hardstation. He rides for Willie Mullins. Cheltenham is on next week in case you are interested.

In other news the beatles have split up....

Mickey Linden

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2012, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 06, 2012, 02:24:18 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2012, 02:12:50 PM
Townend?

Yeah hes an Irish jockey Hardstation. He rides for Willie Mullins. Cheltenham is on next week in case you are interested.

In other news the beatles have split up....
I'm just wondering why you spelt his name 3 different ways in your post. All 3 of them were wrong by the way.

Cheers for that Hardstation. We should all have a good Cheltenham now...

Don Johnson

It's a good job Hardstation didn't pick up on the rest of these inaccuracies! I don't have time to highlight the grammar mistakes.

Mickey Linden

As long as there is no confusion when Sir Des Champs and Boston Bob both heck up we should be grand. Ill do my bets online to be sure of spelling.

What was your take on the preview evening Don?

Don Johnson

*hack

Thought it was a decent enough night. Few boys I have been talking to today weren't pleased with Couch's Frank Carson joke.

The majority had a good word for Thousand Stars EW or w/o fave for the Champion Hurdle. Weird Al got a good mention for the Gold Cup as well.

Elliot's main things he said all night were Sir Des Champs winning this year whilst on his way to Gold Cup glory next year. He also seemed very confident about Shadow Catcher guaranteeing he will be on the bridle coming round the last in the Triumph, and that he is a stone better than Carlito Brigante was this time last year.

Donnellys Hollow

Patrick Mullins is way better at these preview nights than anyone else involved down at Closutton. He usually gives it both barrells as regards most horses in the yard. Tony Mullins doesn't seem to do a lot of them anymore which is a real pity. Himself and Russell provide endless entertainment.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Don Johnson

Don Johnson

McLeans have a good offer there for new punters.

Open a new account, bet £25 from now til the first race on Tuesday and get a free £25 bet each day.

Think they have to be win singles at Cheltenham and you don't get your stake back but still good enough.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Plenty of offers about. If you have a betvictor account, bet £20 on the Supreme Novices and you get a free £20 bet for National Hunt Chase.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mickey Linden

I was wondering if you had any update on Distant memories DH? I know he is long odds on Betfair but cant see anywhere that hes def not going to run in the Supreme? Could this be a horse that is going to slip under radar?

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 07, 2012, 01:11:20 PM
Any word on Kauto Star?

Saturday is D Day apparently - However things going well at the minute according to papers I was reading.