The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Barring a disaster Hurricane Fly will win. Should even be shorter than his current odds. I can't believe that so many are making a case for a few horses that aren't in the same league as him. He'll make Zarkandar look like a canal boat.

Quevega will probably be 1/3 at the off if the Fly and Scotsirish do the business.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Candyman

DH... In short, lump on HF and Quevega Double for the tuesday?

ardchieftain

Was just planning my Cheltenham strategy there. On the 1st day i can't get away from lumping on Hurricane and Quevega. Don't know whether to take prices now or hope  that the bookies take on the Hurricane.

Always do a pre Cheltenham ante post accum and for ther 1st time ever i'm fairly confident it will come in.
Hurricane Fly, Quevega, Sizing Europe, Big Bucks [ plus i added Crossmaglen for all ireland at pre semi stage ] 17/1

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Candyman on February 27, 2012, 10:03:26 PM
DH... In short, lump on HF and Quevega Double for the tuesday?

Very difficult to see either of them beaten. If I could only have one bet over the four days it would be on Quevega.

Candyman

TacadoirArdMhacha

Fans of Kauto Star might be interested in the 22/1 at Paddy Power on HF, Quevega, Big Buck's and the Star. For a small punt, it could turn into a decent sum on the old boy for the Big One. And I do realise sentiment shouldn't come into betting but in this case I'm willing to make an exception.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

RealSpiritof98

14/1on bet365 so there def value if your gonna back kauto in the GC

Donnellys Hollow

Great offer from Paddy Power for those of us wanting to take on the Arkle favourite

RealSpiritof98

Seen that DH, Ruby must be on the payroll at PP, did you see his tweet this morning. ''get on mount Al ferof with paddy powers, money back if sprinter sacre wins, up to £100. has to be value''

Mickey Linden

Im sure u will have your eye on the weights today DH? Anything in particular you are keeping an eye out for? I remember last year you said Sir Des Champs was the best hanicapped horse in Ireland which was some shout!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 29, 2012, 10:54:25 AM
Im sure u will have your eye on the weights today DH? Anything in particular you are keeping an eye out for? I remember last year you said Sir Des Champs was the best hanicapped horse in Ireland which was some shout!

I haven't even looked at the entries yet to be honest but I'd be very interested to see what mark Moon Dice gets in the County Hurdle. He was given a poor ride by Tom Doyle in the Greatwood getting him into all sorts of trouble in running but he was still only beaten a few lengths. The new course will suit him even better and he'd be a cracking e/w bet if he's off the same mark that he was back in November.

Mickey Linden

Cheers for that DH. Anything stand out for u so far?

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

bcarrier

Noticed White Star Line in the Novices Handicap Chase.  He was one you followed once DH ? Patsy would be patient enough to plot one too.