The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Tracey didn't know what to say, classic tv
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Donnellys Hollow

It's better he's getting. Made absolute wreck of some proper horses.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ardchieftain

Even better than Istabraq ?
I think so

maddog

Boston Bob looks a good one. Fairly demolished them.

Hardy

Brilliant! You don't get interviews like that in the GAA.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: ardchieftain on January 29, 2012, 02:59:40 PM
Even better than Istabraq ?
I think so

Definitely the best since and probably at least his equal now. Istabraq for all his class didn't actually beat many top animals. He was also inferior to HF on the flat.

The one chink HF had was his tendency to be a bit buzzy but he didn't turn a hair today. He settled beautifully in the race and once Walsh gave him a squeeze turning in the race was over in a few strides. He looks like he has matured and if that is the case then he's not going to get beat unless there's something special that comes off the flat. Juddmonte will hardly have Frankel gelded for a campaign over timber? 

Fingers crossed he stays sound now. David Casey summed him up fairly well: "a little bulldog - the Usain Bolt of NH racing!"

sammymaguire

Flemenstar and Hurricane the two stand out performances in the atrocious conditions today. HF is a very special horse to have done that today after an 8 month lay off. Awesome
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Mickey Linden

Hows the ante post book looking now DH? I take it u have lumped on the Fly? What about Distant Memories. Do u think it will have any chance now in the Supreme after his last performance? 

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on January 31, 2012, 11:51:04 AM
Hows the ante post book looking now DH? I take it u have lumped on the Fly? What about Distant Memories. Do u think it will have any chance now in the Supreme after his last performance?

I got stuck into the 7/2 PP had on the Champion Hurdle dbl so I am feeling a bit smug with myself alright! Also have a few HF/Quevega vouchers which will make or break my Tuesday anyway.

Very open looking Supreme this year with all the best bumper horses from last year all out for different reasons - Waaheb, Cheltenian, Lovethehigherlaw, Samain. I'd say Taaffe will give him another chance in a winners race somwhere. He was still in with every chance when he made the mistake at Naas though I doubt he would have beaten Midnight Game (who I would be backing now if someone gave me a free bet on the race). Distant Memories should appreciate some nice ground and will have not problems with the big field and strong pace. Very open year and you couldn't rule out a winner with an Ebaziyan type profile.

Still not given up hope on Peddlers Cross for the Arkle. Make Your Mark's bubble was burst on Saturday but still might get a run for my money if Boston Bob goes for the longer race. Haven't a clue as regards the two longer novice chases with running plans up in the air. I do think Grands Crus will go for the Gold Cup so I will be backing one of the Gigginstown lot when their targets become clearer. Backed Darroun e/w for the Triumph after being quite taken with how nicely he did it on Saturday. Think he has more going for him than Ut De Sivola anyway who looks more of a three mile chaser in the making. Hard to get too excited about the Triumph trial at Cheltenham last Saturday.

Case of wait and see with Quel Esprit in the Gold Cup. I'm obviously hoping he wins the Hennessy a week next Sunday.

Sitting on any nice antepost vouchers yourself Mickey? Not long to go now to the best week of the year. I got a kick off a horse yesterday morning and my leg is fecked so I don't know whether I can travel over myself for this renewal!  :-[

Mickey Linden

Also got stuck into the 7/2 double on the Fly. I was able to double it with Quevega at 11/8 in my local bookies and had a good dig at it so the Tuesday will also make or break my week.
Apart from that I have backed Population for the bumper and also backed Divers for one of the handicap chases. I always look out for Ferdy Murphys runners in handicaps at Cheltenham and it can still be backed at 20/1.
Scotsirish looks like banker material in the cross county so ill also be getting involved soon on that. I cant see Sizing Europe being beat in the Champioin chase either.
I also have a sneaking suspicion that Al Ferof will run a big race in the Arkle.
Roll on the festival! 

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on January 31, 2012, 12:45:23 PM
Also got stuck into the 7/2 double on the Fly. I was able to double it with Quevega at 11/8 in my local bookies and had a good dig at it so the Tuesday will also make or break my week.
Apart from that I have backed Population for the bumper and also backed Divers for one of the handicap chases. I always look out for Ferdy Murphys runners in handicaps at Cheltenham and it can still be backed at 20/1.
Scotsirish looks like banker material in the cross county so ill also be getting involved soon on that.
I cant see Sizing Europe being beat in the Champioin chase either.
I also have a sneaking suspicion that Al Ferof will run a big race in the Arkle.
Roll on the festival!

Agree with all three of them. Divers will probably go for the Byrne Plate I'd assume.

sammymaguire

I'm going!!  ;D

Good word floating around for McCain's Cinders & Ashes from 33/1 to 12/1 in the Supreme Novice and I will be backing Moscow Mannon (if it runs) after its very impressive win lto in the bumper  8)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Walsh is giving an absolute masterclass at Taunton today.

Joxer

Unreal DH.  H has won th last two rces at a Canter and produced Dildar at the perfect time.