The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

It can vary - you need to check the individual bookie's terms, but the general rule would be

1/4 odds when 5-7 runners in all types of races, 2 places paid.
1/5 odds all non handicap races, 3 places paid
1/4 odds when 12 or more runners in handicaps, 3 places paid, 4 places paid when 16 or more runners

sammymaguire

Quote from: Candyman on January 20, 2012, 11:15:47 AM
4.55 W/Hampton...
Big Market move on for Lizzys Dream... 20's into 5/1 this morning!! Our comrade on here gaa.boy reckons its a good thing!! ;-)

not even a place....  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bridge fan

Mutasareb 9-15 dundalk shub go in again

Oak Leafer

Will Our Girl Salley stay tho DH?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Oak Leafer on January 20, 2012, 08:40:59 PM
Will Our Girl Salley stay tho DH?

Factored into the price I think. I'm willing to take the chance. She's out of a Phardante mare afterall. If she's ever going to get three miles it'll be on decent ground in England rather than in a bog at Naas or Navan.

Supreme Novices market should get a good shake up tomorrow. Cinders And Ashes runs at Haydock, Distant Memories at Naas, and Its A Gimme at Wincanton all running.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

I could be wrong lads but i'm almost certain Barry said in an interview with RTE after her win over Xmas she'd enjoy a step up in trip so hopefully he's right!

beer baron

Just read his blog there,the grounds his only worry by  the sounds of it!

I've got a great strike-rate on OUR GIRL SALLY (2.05), my ride in the Mares' Hurdle over three miles. I've ridden her five times and won on four of them including last time.

She's good and has run to a decent level on soft ground but I still have a slight concern about Saturday's ground.

However, she's best on the figures and given the way she won for me last time I'd be very hopeful that the move up to three miles shouldn't be a worry.

Candyman

I see Tom SeaGULL of the RP tips Our Girl also today...

SHEEDY

our girl salley was also alex hammonds tip on sky sports news this morning.
nil satis nisi optimum

the greatest jockey

wouldnt write off dyaln ross in the supreme novices, went for home early today, will be reidden with much more restraint at cheltenham.  50/1

Donnellys Hollow

Having a fairly poor time of it punting recently and I'm stupidly hoping to get it back on Noble Prince today  :-\

sammymaguire

Silver Circle ran v wide last day when cruising late in the race, so should improve with Brian Hayes in the saddle although there seems no interest in the betting @ 16-1... 4.00
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

illdecide

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 22, 2012, 11:25:51 AM
Having a fairly poor time of it punting recently and I'm stupidly hoping to get it back on Noble Prince today  :-\

Raped again DH...on a bad run? i know the feeling i tried that stunt yesterday on Finians Rainbow.

At least you beat the Dubs today (small consolation)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: illdecide on January 22, 2012, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 22, 2012, 11:25:51 AM

Raped again DH...on a bad run? i know the feeling i tried that stunt yesterday on Finians Rainbow.

At least you beat the Dubs today (small consolation)

Yeah they're not really running for me at the moment. Fortunately got my stake back today on Champagne Fever to win by 10L+. The only strategy that will pay in Irish racing at the moment is to back WPM blind. I'm going to knock the English stuff on the head for a while. Can't get a handle on the form over there at all. There seems to be a dearth of quality horses (particularly chasers) on both sides of the Irish Sea if recent races are anything to go by. Somersby winning yesterday sums it up really. He's not the first cousin of a top 2 miler.

sammymaguire

Paul Carberry - Paul Carberry will be back in time for the Cheltenham Festival after breaking his collar bone in a skiing accident last week.

Noel Meade's stable jockey is set for between four to six weeks on the sidelines. But with Cheltenham still seven weeks away, he has a bit of breathing space.

Theresa O'Toole, acting as Carberry's agent while her husband, Ciaran, is on holiday, said: "He rang me on Thursday to tell me, it's awful luck.
"He'll be out for four to six weeks, but he'll be back flying by the time Cheltenham comes around.

"It's rotten luck, but he's used to bouncing back.

"It's not as if he's a novice on the slopes either, he's a very accomplished skier."
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!