The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Manger Hanagement out AGAIN in a half hour  :o
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

redhandloo

Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Donnellys Hollow

5 in a row. Elliott is some man to place a horse.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 27, 2011, 03:26:55 PM

See it got tore into today on the exchanges.... a few happy punters after McCoy getting it up
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 27, 2011, 03:39:32 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 27, 2011, 03:26:55 PM

See it got tore into today on the exchanges.... a few happy punters after McCoy getting it up

Date Conditions Race Result Jockey OR
27Sep11 Sed 21G 4y+ H(3K) 11-12[8/13f] 1st of 8 1 ½L to Elsafeer (IRE) A P McCoy 
22Sep11 Per 24GS 4y+ H(3K) 11-4[10/11f] 1st of 5 19L to What A Warrior (IRE) A P McCoy 
01Sep11 New 22GF 4y+ H(3K) 10-12[4/5f] 1st of 13 11L to Betavix (GB) A P McCoy 
31Aug11 Her 21G 5y+ NovCh(4K) 11-5[1/1f] 1st of 5 11L to Arkose (IRE) A P McCoy 
20Aug11 Per 16G 4y+ NovCh(7K) 11-12[11/8f] 1st of 4 35+L to Lodgician (IRE) J M Maguire

Mickey Linden

Any thoughts on the Arc yet? Im beginning to side with So you think. I dont think ballydoyle can have any excuses with the ground and think they must feel they have a chance by picking this route rather than the easier champions day route at ascot.

Donnellys Hollow

Haven't a strong opinion on it myself and I am finding it hard to warm to any horse in the field.

Sarafina will need plenty of luck given her running style. What happened to her last year could easily happen again and at 3/1 she's too short. I've never been overly convinced with So You Think. I do think the step up in trip is going to suit but I'm not convinced he's as good as Coolmore want everyone to believe. The Arc trials were all messy affairs and it's hard to make a strong case for one of the 3yos. Galikova is probably the best of them but the value is gone. Workforce has to be considered but I don't know how Nakayama Festa is 25/1 considering he ran Workforce to a head last year. If I do have a bet, it will probably be a small e/w investment on him.

It will be interesting to see if there are as many British raiders to Longchamp this weekend with the silly British 'Champions' Day now upcoming. It would be a shame if there was an impact because Arc day is the best days flat racing in the world IMO. Thankfully there's some good domestic jumping action this weekend to get the blood up for the winter ahead.

sammymaguire

Two solid looking ones today, Qannaas 9/4 in the 3.10 and Faraway 5/2 in the 5.40.

Mirror Ball in the 3.40 at Warwick also decent 11/1 e/w shot. Just my own fancies lads so steer clear  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Oak Leafer

Unlucky with Mirror Ball Sammy!....2nd! Good each way shout! ;)

sammymaguire

Quote from: Oak Leafer on September 29, 2011, 02:57:03 PM
Unlucky with Mirror Ball Sammy!....2nd! Good each way shout! ;)

f**king short head, sickener  >:( still, a few ££ gained  ;) a few more quid coming up in the next
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Oak Leafer

Hope your right i double it with Hanagans first winner of the day..Come on Blue Chip! :o

sammymaguire

Quote from: Oak Leafer on September 29, 2011, 03:09:49 PM
Hope your right i double it with Hanagans first winner of the day..Come on Blue Chip! :o

that hoorbag never really looked like winning - High Bird Humphrey in the 4.20 is my next target, hopefully the old age wont take its toll as it likes the track
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bcarrier

Mr Potts latest project - rebuilding of Dreaper yard -  looks like it starts tomorrow.

Donnellys Hollow

First Lieutenant runs in the novice chase at Limerick Junction on Sunday. The road to the 2013 Gold Cup starts here!