The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fíor Gael

TirEoghaingodeo

Quote from: TirEoghaingodeo on September 21, 2011, 11:13:40 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 21, 2011, 10:40:53 AM
Don't normally pay much heed to the midweek stuff at this time of the year but I see Hanlon has sent Mart Lane to Perth for his first run over hurdles. He was one of the better bumper horses last year and looks a decent enough price for what is essentially a match race.

Think i'll try a f/c with hard to swallow in that.

Thanks DH.  Such was my confidence in you that i didn't even reverse it. Lovely
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 21, 2011, 09:00:12 AM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 13, 2011, 01:00:29 PM
What about Silenzio today at Folkestone? Richard Hughes put it up in the post a few weeks but it was a non runner. He put it up this week again. It has been well backed this morning.

I see this horse is out today again. 310 Goodwood. Currently around 11/4

Not sure how many of you have been reading Richards Hughes column in the post on Saturdays. It has been nothing short of a revelation. He has tipped winner after winner and a more insighful, honest column u will ever read from a jockey.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 21, 2011, 10:40:53 AM
Don't normally pay much heed to the midweek stuff at this time of the year but I see Hanlon has sent Mart Lane to Perth for his first run over hurdles. He was one of the better bumper horses last year and looks a decent enough price for what is essentially a match race.

Thanks DH emptied the account on Mart Lane - A nice wee Wednesday bet!!!

Donnellys Hollow

The Shark looks like he has a nice team of horses this winter. Hidden Cyclone could be anything over fences.

Some good NH horses beginning to reappear these days. Steps To Freedom is having his first run over timber at Fairyhouse tomorrow and Champion Court is having his chasing debut at Perth.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

boojangles

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 21, 2011, 03:31:19 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 21, 2011, 09:00:12 AM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 13, 2011, 01:00:29 PM
What about Silenzio today at Folkestone? Richard Hughes put it up in the post a few weeks but it was a non runner. He put it up this week again. It has been well backed this morning.

I see this horse is out today again. 310 Goodwood. Currently around 11/4

Not sure how many of you have been reading Richards Hughes column in the post on Saturdays. It has been nothing short of a revelation. He has tipped winner after winner and a more insighful, honest column u will ever read from a jockey.

A revelation is right. Got manys a winner from it. Fair play to Richard. He is honest in his words. It can be hard to get trainers and jockeys to be frank and open about their horses.
A trainer who I find brilliant when tipping his own and others (usually in the Star) is Gordon Elliot.

Donnellys Hollow

Steps To Freedom did what he was entitled to do today. It'll be interesting to see whether he can go on proper winter ground. If he can, he could be a serious player in the novice hurdle ranks this season. I was disappointed with Champion Court. He held every chance when crashing out but he looked like he was beginning to labour at the time.

Some good action tomorrow at Newmarket. I have a hunch that Fallen For You will turn around Doncaster form with Lyric Of Light in the Fillies Mile. Thespis Of Icaria is out again in the bumper at Worcester but the form of his last run isn't working out that well (Court In Session was stuffed today up at Perth by the likeable Manger Hanagement) so I'm wary enough about taking too short a price.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 22, 2011, 07:32:02 PM
Steps To Freedom did what he was entitled to do today. It'll be interesting to see whether he can go on proper winter ground. If he can, he could be a serious player in the novice hurdle ranks this season. I was disappointed with Champion Court. He held every chance when crashing out but he looked like he was beginning to labour at the time.

Some good action tomorrow at Newmarket. I have a hunch that Fallen For You will turn around Doncaster form with Lyric Of Light in the Fillies Mile. Thespis Of Icaria is out again in the bumper at Worcester but the form of his last run isn't working out that well (Court In Session was stuffed today up at Perth by the likeable Manger Hanagement) so I'm wary enough about taking too short a price.

Paddypower doing good offer today. If your horse finishes second in any race shown by channel 4 you get your money back. Looks good in the 300 which almost seems like a match bet with Fallen for you v Lyric of Light.

beer baron

I don't know who Daniel Mark Loughnane is other than he's based in Ireland but he had 4 runners at Wolverhampton the last 2 days,1 was unplaced,1 was 2nd at 11/1 and the other 2 won at 20/1  :o I presume he's a man that knows what he's at and should be followed!

Donnellys Hollow

Finding it hard to pick out a bet today. Together e/w in the Sun Chariot maybe.

Good jumping card at Navan, particularly the first maiden hurdle. Frawley hasn't ran since his third behind Cue Card and Al Ferof in the 2010 Cheltenham bumper. Fancy Dylan Ross to turn him over. It's usually around this time of year that Meade cleans up these sort of events and it's interesting that he didn't run this horse in a maiden hurdle last back end because he'd have surely won one. He must think he'll make a decent novice this winter.

Donnellys Hollow

Dylan Ross NR. Frawley did it well despite jumping awfully.

Great win for Lightning Pearl at Newmarket giving Ger Lyons his first Group 1. Maybe's form just keeps getting better.

Donnellys Hollow

Two good maiden winners just there at Gowran. Oxx looks like he has another good 2yo colt for Jaber Abdullah in the shaper of Akeed Wafi ahead of Akeed Mofeed's run in the Beresford tomorrow. Really liked the run of Tibet in the final race. Weak in the market beforehand and ran very green under pressure but still managed to get the job done. He's the sort of 2yo you could see running in one of those French Group 1s in late autumn.

sammymaguire

Brega Queen in the 4 o clock at Clonmel looks a good each way shout today
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Candyman

Quote from: beer baron on September 23, 2011, 11:33:23 PM
I don't know who Daniel Mark Loughnane is other than he's based in Ireland but he had 4 runners at Wolverhampton the last 2 days,1 was unplaced,1 was 2nd at 11/1 and the other 2 won at 20/1  :o I presume he's a man that knows what he's at and should be followed!

One running now @ 25's

Armaghgael

Anyone know of any odds for So You Think?
If in doubt.......take man and ball!