The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

If Johnny passed over this lad to ride for Lyons or Halford then he wouldn't be let back in the door at Currabeg!

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that he's making his debut in a listed race. I'd say it's only because there are no suitable maidens for him in the next few weeks.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Sea Moon is drifting like a barge on the machine at the moment for the English Leger tomorrow. Has a leg fallen of it or something????

ardchieftain

Was 7/4 when i checked  a few hours ago. Who do you fancy for the english leger now ?

beer baron

Didn't realise there were no decent maidens over the next few weeks,i'll prob go a bit easier then if thats the case  :-\

I think i've gone cuckoo but i've given Seville one last chance in the St.Leger e/w at 9's!I'm hoping he goes from the front like he did over in France and gets everything in trouble(the only one that beat him that day is  4th or 5th in betting for the Arc),maybe i'm just being stubborn here if i'm honest because i've fancied him to win most races he's had all year! ::)

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: ardchieftain on September 09, 2011, 11:13:20 PM
Was 7/4 when i checked  a few hours ago. Who do you fancy for the english leger now ?

I'm leaving it alone. I would have Sea Moon as an even money shot on all known form so I'd be hugely concerned why he is friendless in the betting. He has everything in his favour - one of the finest big race jockeys in the world, trashed Seville in the Voltigeur, a pedigree to die for in this race being a three parts brother to Brian Boru.

Fame And Glory in our own Leger looks a much safer bet now. I think he should be a 1/2 shot against this lot over 1m6. His last race wouldn't overly concern me. You only have to recall St Nicholas Abbey's run before the Coronation Cup and Saddlers Rock did the form no harm over in England yesterday. Duncan and Jukebox Jury are useful animals but F&G should outclass them.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: beer baron on September 09, 2011, 09:58:12 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 09, 2011, 05:19:59 PM
Oxx clearly has his string in flying form. All bodes well ahead of our first glimpse at the last of the Urban Sea foals tomorrow at the Curragh. If he's half as good as his mother or his brothers than he'll be one to look forward to.

I fancy it to go close tomorrow,i'm usually not overly keen on backing horses first time out but if Oxx is introducing him at this level he must think it's a bit of a machine,Murtagh's on board and i'd safely say he had the choice of Lyons' other 2 as well and he's picked born to sea!

That was a nice wee win. 5-1 on PP last night

el_cuervo_fc

Mickey Linden

Good stuff done it nicely. Backing anything else today DH?

ardchieftain

Never took the price last night on Born to Sea due to carelessness. Ouch

Investing some of the profit on a leger double on the favourites

sammymaguire

Duncan and Jukebox are useful animals indeed DH.... C'mon Jukebox!!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 10, 2011, 03:55:32 PM
Duncan and Jukebox are useful animals indeed DH.... C'mon Jukebox!!

Clearly something amiss with F&G. I got a good look at him in the parade ring and he looked fit to my eyes but Spencer was shaking his head coming back in and seemed to be telling Anne Marie that the horse had some sort of physical ailment. Surely he can't go from winning an Ascot Gold Cup so easily (Duncan well behind) to being gone at the game three months later? Delighted to see Eddie Ahern landing a classic and it's healthy for the Irish flat scene that trainers like Johnny G sending good horses over to take on Coolmore.

All eyes were on Born To Sea and he didn't disappoint. I would urge caution though if considering an antepost punt. He is a good looking animal but he lacks the size of Sea The Stars who was a much rawer 2yo. You can definitely see the Invincible Spirit in this lad. He is close quartered and lacks a bit of scope. That's not saying he won't make up into a real good miler next year but I think that even ten furlongs could really stretch him.

Some decent fare at home and abroad today. Fancy Yellow Rosebud and Bible Belt at the Curragh, Trabajo down at Listowel and Excelebration over at Longchamp in the Moulin. None of these will be a fancy price but it should keep a bit of interest going for the day.

Donnellys Hollow

Having a small e/w bet on White Star Line in the beginners chase at Listowel too. He lacks race fitness but his seconds last season to First Lieutenant and Sir Des Champs read very well now and his main market rivals are two questionable characters in Russian War and De Valira.

bridge fan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 11, 2011, 11:11:55 AM
Having a small e/w bet on White Star Line in the beginners chase at Listowel too. He lacks race fitness but his seconds last season to First Lieutenant and Sir Des Champs read very well now and his main market rivals are two questionable characters in Russian War and De Valira.

same as donnelly with  Excelebration  and couple off quid e/w on white star line  fancy cityscape also but 1/2 now few non runners also nina e/w in the bumper as cant be backing mullins

Donnellys Hollow

Yellow Rosebud NR  :(

Don't know what to make of the Arc after the Foy. Probably shouldn't read too much into these trials but I couldn't fancy Sarafina the way she'll be ridden. She's going to need a mountain of luck in running. The 3yos usually hold the key to it so I'll be watching how this Meandre gets on shortly. He looks the obvious one now that Pour Moi is out of the picture.

Donnellys Hollow

Reliable Man muddies the waters further.

Maybe Willie will run Hurricane Fly??