Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Congratulations to Armagh on a deserved victory and winning the right to meet Monaghan.

Where is this game going to be played? not Clones?

Maguire01

Surely should be - for both teams. Athletic Grounds is too small and I can't see where else.

Logan

I'd imagine Clones

I think this will be a close game again with Monaghan shading it

The Grimley side show will be the meedja angle of course

Main Street

On gaa.ie, all the other teams drawn first have a home fixture, except this game.
Maybe there is a neutral ground for the game involving the preliminary winner.

mhacadoir

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 16, 2010, 06:31:43 PM
Surely should be - for both teams. Athletic Grounds is too small and I can't see where else.

Athletic Grounds is also closed for a year, no games on it this summer

balladmaker

As Armagh were away today, they have home advantage in the first round against Monaghan.....so the game will be in Clones then.

Logan

Clones hasn't been a bad place at all for Armagh in recent years

Cde

I heard last week that if Armagh beat Derry they would be playing Monaghan in Casement.

Main Street

Craigyhill Terror

Armagh are considered the home team and, with the Athletic Grounds not available, they nominated Casement

sammymaguire

St Tiernach's Pk is a 2nd home for Armagh, I am sure they would be more than happy playing there, if it suits the travelling Armagh faithful they would be ok with Clones, another location might dissuade the Farney faithful mind you
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

On a purely selfish basis it'd probably be in Armagh's interests to drag Monaghan to Newry or Belfast. Clones would seem the obvious venue though if they've nominated Casement I can understand why.

The Grimley factor will add a bit of extra spice. Monaghan have beaten us in the last 3 meetings, all very tight matches.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Orior

Quote from: Craigyhill Terror on May 16, 2010, 08:41:05 PM
Armagh are considered the home team and, with the Athletic Grounds not available, they nominated Casement

Brilliant!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

What's the Grimley factor?

Casement is a shithole.
Armagh must be desperate.

Logan