Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatwillbwillb

MR2 watched St Louis despatch St Marys in the Mageean, with Owen Elliott refereeing, and was also told at the game Garrett Duffy is also refereeing University games, do you know why are these lads not reffn in our Football & Hurling Leagues?

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2021, 06:56:17 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 10, 2021, 06:35:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2021, 06:27:15 PM
Would S'neill not settle for Ballycastle??

Happy to beat Dunloy anywhere I'd say. Up Derry!

I take it that S'niel would be favourites for this game seeing they are unbeaten in Ulster club for so long

I know Down clubs don't count but I'd be near sure Ballycran beat them a few years back.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on November 11, 2021, 07:23:00 AM
MR2 watched St Louis despatch St Marys in the Mageean, with Owen Elliott refereeing, and was also told at the game Garrett Duffy is also refereeing University games, do you know why are these lads not reffn in our Football & Hurling Leagues?

Not sure, I was chatting to Garrett at Jordanstown, we were both doing games at the university. He's not interested in doing club games. Too much abuse I'd imagine. Owen still involved with camogie, again less abuse though knowing Owen it was always water off a ducks back.

Not sure what the policy is either for college games if I'm being honest. The games are handier than club games that's for sure. You should have asked them when you were at the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Think Ballycran beat them in Corrigan in the Ulster semi final a few years back before Slaughtneil went on their winning run. Then dunged the togs in the Ulster final v Cushendall.

If Cormac O'Doherty is out for Slaughtneil he will be a major loss. He sustained a busted shoulder in the Derry hurling final v Lynches and didnt play in the Derry football final.

Unless Mickey McShane can fine tune their hurling and stickwork Id say Dunloy will win this.

Slaughtneil looked a tired team in the Derry hurling final where they did enough to keep Lynches at arms length and also looked jaded in the football final.

These lads have clocked up a right few miles this past few years and perhaps the desire may not be as prevalent as in previous years, but it is a hurling championship and Slaughtneil know how to win championships.

Id say it has all the ingredients of being a great match.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 09:08:38 AM

Not sure, I was chatting to Garrett at Jordanstown, we were both doing games at the university. He's not interested in doing club games. Too much abuse I'd imagine. Owen still involved with camogie, again less abuse though knowing Owen it was always water off a ducks back.

Not sure what the policy is either for college games if I'm being honest. The games are handier than club games that's for sure. You should have asked them when you were at the game

Owen refereed the Derry hurling final

whatwillbwillb

Would'nt know Elliott or Duffy well enough, cheers good to see they're are still at it in their own way.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on November 11, 2021, 02:02:02 PM

Would'nt know Elliott or Duffy well enough, cheers good to see they're are still at it in their own way.

Two good lads, I much prefer Elliott's style of ref'ing. (not that I don't like Garrett's lol) I'd say the level they were ref'ing at (intercounty) can be very draining on time and commitment from others (Umpires),

Plenty of factors involved in their reasons to step down from the regular league games, there is defo a shelf life to this game considering the abuse some referee's take.

I noticed a few strikes by referee's in different sports recently, parents abusing young referee's (15/16 year olds) at kids games, one guy on the radio was asked what sort of comments the parents where shouting and he said it wasn't fit for day time live radio. But I'm sure the abusers feel justified as they left the ground
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 11, 2021, 09:20:25 AM
Think Ballycran beat them in Corrigan in the Ulster semi final a few years back before Slaughtneil went on their winning run. Then dunged the togs in the Ulster final v Cushendall.

If Cormac O'Doherty is out for Slaughtneil he will be a major loss. He sustained a busted shoulder in the Derry hurling final v Lynches and didnt play in the Derry football final.

Unless Mickey McShane can fine tune their hurling and stickwork Id say Dunloy will win this.

Slaughtneil looked a tired team in the Derry hurling final where they did enough to keep Lynches at arms length and also looked jaded in the football final.

These lads have clocked up a right few miles this past few years and perhaps the desire may not be as prevalent as in previous years, but it is a hurling championship and Slaughtneil know how to win championships.

Is he still in charge of Slaughtneil? Wouldn't have thought so.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 11, 2021, 03:22:23 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 11, 2021, 09:20:25 AM

Is he still in charge of Slaughtneil? Wouldn't have thought so.
Aye, managining Slaughneil. Nander and Noel Brick are part of his coaching team.

antrimman667

What are the chances in the other Ulster Matches.
Carey vs Middletown and Glenravel vs Naoimh Colmicille

Milltown Row2

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 16, 2021, 03:42:24 PM

Carey should win with a bit to spare, and If Glenravel play the way they did against Glenarm, and not the way the played against Lamhs then they should get over the line

saffman

Were Carey not down to play winners of tyrone?
Is carrickmore?

Jonkunlon

Quote from: saffman on November 16, 2021, 07:15:09 PM
Is carrickmore?

They are.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 16, 2021, 07:32:08 PM
Quote from: saffman on November 16, 2021, 07:15:09 PM
Is carrickmore?

They are.

When/where are these games being played?

BealnaBlath

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 03:45:50 PM
Quote from: antrimman667 on November 16, 2021, 03:42:24 PM

Carey should win with a bit to spare, and If Glenravel play the way they did against Glenarm, and not the way the played against Lamhs then they should get over the line

Glenravel like two different teams over both games MR. Glenarm a higher quality side than Hannahstown. Great performance in final though and they should have enough.

I wouldn't underestimate Carrickmore, watched few Carey games this year in league and championship. Can be frustrating on the day but fancy them to win by 5 or 6.