Football qualifier route 2018

Started by cornetto, April 04, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Ithcy what are Sligo going to do next year then when Markivich is being done? Like you say Tubber and Enniscrone can't hold a championship game, I'd even be surprised if Tubber was up to a league game.

Also regarding that list from Laoisman, it's brilliant. While from week to week you will see anomalies at the end of the summer it's usually spot on. London being so much lower than NY is probably as a result of losing a load of points from a bad league, something NY can't do so that's not the author of the things fault. Honestly, he'd be as well leaving NY off it altogether apart from using them to judge for the 1 game a year they play.

Itchy

Didn't hear Sligo were doing their pitch. Would they have an option to play in ballyshannon?

Jayop

Honestly don't know. The missus would have a better idea of the inner workings. She told me it was being closed for something but I wasn't paying much attention.

cornetto

Going to have a stab at picking next week winners which if correct could have some huge clashes in round 3.

Armagh
Mayo
Kildare
Cavan
Louth
Monaghan
Clare
Tyrone

Tyrone cannot play Monahan in rd 3

Jinxy

Quote from: Jayop on June 14, 2018, 11:08:08 PM
Honestly don't know. The missus would have a better idea of the inner workings. She told me it was being closed for something but I wasn't paying much attention.

;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Jayop on June 13, 2018, 08:23:04 PM
Ithcy what are Sligo going to do next year then when Markivich is being done? Like you say Tubber and Enniscrone can't hold a championship game, I'd even be surprised if Tubber was up to a league game.

Also regarding that list from Laoisman, it's brilliant. While from week to week you will see anomalies at the end of the summer it's usually spot on. London being so much lower than NY is probably as a result of losing a load of points from a bad league, something NY can't do so that's not the author of the things fault. Honestly, he'd be as well leaving NY off it altogether apart from using them to judge for the 1 game a year they play.
For all the crowd that ever turn up to our league games it would be able for it, Tourlestrane and Enniscrone too. If they ever went about doing up Ballymote properly it'd be able but the non-vesting issue would probably put paid to that anyway.

Rossfan

I suppose I'd better start taking an interest in this thread now :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

illdecide

Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2018, 11:11:34 AM

Yip, you'd be safer.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Farrandeelin

Welcome back. Missed each other last year in the backdoor.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jayop

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 18, 2018, 10:55:54 AM

For all the crowd that ever turn up to our league games it would be able for it, Tourlestrane and Enniscrone too. If they ever went about doing up Ballymote properly it'd be able but the non-vesting issue would probably put paid to that anyway.

Aye they'd be well able for the crowds, I just wonder is there minimal standards of facilities for intercounty games, like a certain amount of seats, disabled access, toilets, parking etc.

If they were able to spread the home league games out around the clubs I think it could be great for a year and might see a boost in the numbers.

Itchy

Quote from: Jayop on June 18, 2018, 04:00:40 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 18, 2018, 10:55:54 AM

Aye they'd be well able for the crowds, I just wonder is there minimal standards of facilities for intercounty games, like a certain amount of seats, disabled access, toilets, parking etc.

If they were able to spread the home league games out around the clubs I think it could be great for a year and might see a boost in the numbers.

Yes the whole thing is the facility to evacuate the ground in a certain time for insurance reasons. It requires money being spent that many counties don't have.

Jayop

Fairly easy to get out of the Tubber stand, the training pitch is right behind it. I don't think there's any exits to the whole facility though apart form the front gate.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 18, 2018, 11:27:24 AM

Welcome back. Missed each other last year in the backdoor.
We're fated to meet in Round 4 probably in bloody Salthill

The Boy Wonder

It's a pity that the provincial imbalance is compounded in the qualifiers.

Carlow win 2 and go into Round 2 after losing their 3rd game while Roscommon win 1 and go into Round 4 after losing their 2nd game.

Carlow beat a Division 1 and a Division 2 team while Roscommon beat a Division 4 team.

Rossfan

Do you want to abolish the Provincials?